• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Dark Knight Rises The Official Character Costuming Thread...

What if Catwoman's "goggles" were night-vision glasses she stole from Wayne Enterprises? Just an idea- it would help her night-time activities and play into the cat theme.

What do you guys think of the umbrellas/tophat/monocle for penguin? I say keep the hat and umbrealla but not the monocle.

What if Catwoman's "goggles" were night-vision glasses she stole from Wayne Enterprises? Just an idea- it would help her night-time activities and play into the cat theme.

What do you guys think of the umbrellas/tophat/monocle for penguin? I say keep the hat and umbrealla but not the monocle.

Ha! I had a similar idea about the goggles being nightvision. Cheers.

It's a nice piece of art, but I can't say I've ever been a fan of the Bat-suit in anything other than black when it comes to the films.
Ditto. Just doesn´t look right in an aesthetic way or functional way.

Ha! I had a similar idea about the goggles being nightvision. Cheers.

While I agree about the goggles, it's been mentioned a few times in this thread and also other threads.

Here's a passage from the Catwoman page on Wikipedia --

In the 1990s, she usually wore a skintight purple catsuit, before switching to a black PVC catsuit that recalls Michelle Pfeiffer's costume in Batman Returns. In recent years, artists' depictions have usually alternated between those two costumes. Ed Brubaker, the writer behind the 2001 revamp of the character, has stated that Selina's current costume was inspired by Emma Peel's iconic leather catsuit in The Avengers TV series.[11] It has a more high tech look, with domino-shaped infrared goggles on her cowl.

This_Is_Just_Business_by_Arashdeep.jpg

I don't even like Black Mask as a character, but that is awesome. That should defenitely be either his or penguin's tagline

While I agree about the goggles, it's been mentioned a few times in this thread and also other threads.

Here's a passage from the Catwoman page on Wikipedia --

We're not original??!!! Curse ye!!!!!! :bh:

I love the leather Catwoman costume with the goggles best too.... I don't think her stuff has to be stolen from Wayne Enterprises though.... they didn't go on to say how Joker acquired all his stuff.... Catwoman doesn't need the most cutting edge technology to me....

I find business Villains so boring they are like something out of a 80's movie.... Lethal Weapon or that really ****** Timothy Dalton bond movie License to kill........ the movie would be a bore going from two face and joker

to black mask and penguin....... ugh

Catwoman is cool though

who is tha in the black mask pic? k reeves?

I love the leather Catwoman costume with the goggles best too.... I don't think her stuff has to be stolen from Wayne Enterprises though.... they didn't go on to say how Joker acquired all his stuff.... Catwoman doesn't need the most cutting edge technology to me....

I find business Villains so boring they are like something out of a 80's movie.... Lethal Weapon or that really ****** Timothy Dalton bond movie License to kill........ the movie would be a bore going from two face and joker

to black mask and penguin....... ugh

Catwoman is cool though

Dude, in the age of wall street bailouts, runaway defense companies, arms traffickers, and orgs like Blackwater, an economic-type villain like Penguin or (ugh) Black Mask could be very relevant and interesting.

But the tagline is more about how ruthless he's willing to be than actually being a businessman (or at least that's my interp)

i see it as how he doesnt consider any thing he doese to anybody as personal.

Dude, in the age of wall street bailouts, runaway defense companies, arms traffickers, and orgs like Blackwater, an economic-type villain like Penguin or (ugh) Black Mask could be very relevant and interesting.

Amen to that :word:

well it looked alittle to lean to be clive.

well it looked alittle to lean to be clive.

It's an older photo of Clive Owen, from between 2000 and 2004. I think he'd rock as Black Mask, which is why I made the poster.

Catwoman
Black suit, ninja like material made. Backpack, where she has her night vision goggles, that only uses at the time of the robbery. Kevlar mask and cowl. Utility belt with arsenal she bought with the money she robbed.

Catwoman_Marion_Cotillard_Manip_Gat.jpg

gotham_city_catwoman_poster_00.jpg

^that's a little bland for my taste.

I prefer the BDSM-Skin showing interpretation :grin:

the only thing bothering me with all the catwoman manips is the mask! none of them make me feel like they belong in a nolan batman movie. maybe its just me? oh and that black mask manip reminds me of those neon guys from forever!

the only thing bothering me with all the catwoman manips is the mask! none of them make me feel like they belong in a nolan batman movie. maybe its just me? oh and that black mask manip reminds me of those neon guys from forever!

Indeed. It's all good work by the artists, but the designs of the masks are the only thngs that really bother me. Which doesn't make the artwork bad at all, of course. Aside from the official version of one used with Catwoman's suit currently used in the comics, no other masks I've seen seem to fit for me. Still, it's good work, though.

i think he would do a good job to, have i been touched by god:yay:?

Too small, I use photobucket, but here's a link yo a hi resolution version, all Bat Characters Nolan style: http://gato-chico.deviantart.com/art/Gotham-Knights-Group-Piece-108884139

Gotham_Kinghts_Gato_Chico_2009.jpg

My biggest piece at the time!! I am so proud of this, proud and tired . Ok, just need to say this is my version of Nolan's Bat-Rogues and heros, some, or maybe most, don't or won't appear in the franchise but is the way I imagine them

First Row (Down) From Left to right
HEROES

1. Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman)
2. Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Caine)
3.Comissioner James Gordon (Gary Oldman)
4.Robin/Tim Drake (Thomas Dekker)
5. Nightwing/Dick Grayson (Jonathan Bennet)
6. Batman/Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale)
7.Catwoman/Selina Kyle (Marion Cotillard)
8. Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gylenhaal)
9. Vicky Vale (Scarlett Johansson)
10. Reporter Summer Gleeson (Molly Ringawld)
11. Dr. Leslie Thompkins (Sigourney Weaver)

Row Two (Up) From Left to Right
VILLAINS

1.Penguin/Oswald Cobblepott (Bob Hoskins)
2. Riddler/Edward Nashton (Casey Affleck)
3. Two Face/Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart)
4. Poison Ivy/Pamela Isley (Emily Blunt)
5.The Joker (Heath Ledeger)
6. Harley Quinn (Kristen Bell)
7. Talia Al Ghul (Eva Green)
8. Ra's Al Ghul (Liam Neeson)
9. Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy)
10. Mad Hatter (Sam Neil)

Who's Batgirl ?

I like robin's and Nightwing's costume.
I also like ivy's costume it's simple but nice.

I think for the riddlers cane in the Nolan universe it could actually be a walking stick, The design of it would still (very slightly) look like a question mark but it's there more for function than the Gorshin/Carrey Twirling. As we'd see The Riddler has a limp.

Can someone with good manip skills make the plate behind the bat symbol gold on the batsuit. U know the same color on his belt. Please, and thank you. Also a good idea for the batsuit in my opinion is a wear, and tear, damage ,beat up ,rugged batsuit. Think about his fighting crime , he has the gotham police against him, his obssessive , and will not stop. The batsuit will take it's toll. This will give him a reason to modified, or get a new batsuit . I believe The Batman is never complete , he is always learning, and evolving. So he changes, and becomes better, and better.
sorry for my bad grammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"