The Dark Knight Rises The Official Character Costuming Thread...

I think riddler would work well with a completely normal colored suit, brown gray black, etc... and make it all about subtlety. Make the inner lining of the coat green and the lining of the pockets green, add cufflinks to his shirt that are silver question marks where at the bottom a single emerald composes the dot on each. Also make sure that the sleeves poke out of the coat so that they can be seen, but not without having to pay attention (not from the audience point of view but from the supporting cast). I can't really see how a cane or bowler hat could play ito it, except from the stand point of they could be sitting in his house/lair/whatever. Also just while I am posting I could see him coming to play into the story from the standpoint of since the cops have to pursue him they have to bring in someone from the outside hence nigma comes in and becomes obsessed with this batman character and who he is. Let me know what you think and if you have anything to add.

Nice post there!
I think there's nothing wrong but grey,brown and black.... only one colour!

hahaha thanks, but i was just giving options I don't want all three haha personally I like the brown idea and I was thinking make it a three piece suit with the vest being the same material as the green lining in the coat.

think of it in real life...if there was a batman who people think destroys or causes havoc in gotham who would they bring in to help them hunt batman down, what kind of person would be best suited to track batman down...in my opinion he should be an atf agent investigating what happened in the dark knight such as the tumbler wrecking threw stuff and the hospital explosion, and the set up of ammonium nitrate on the boats

I agree, have you seen boondock saints? Willem Dafoe's charcter (if his name is spelled right) Is kind of what I envision in a nolanverse movie. An extremely eccentric yet utter brilliant man, And to emphasize on his "Riddler" like qualities you can have him solving puzzles in his spare time, rubix cube,etc. . you know those kind of things. And then once the second half of the movie comes along since he is trying to catch the batman he starts baiting him with riddles, and little puzzles, constantly trying to piece together who he is. But what the GCPD doesnt count on from nigma is the fact that he is slowly becoming borderline obsessive, and cant keep bat's off the brain. So it slowly shows that when batman is beating baited there are really things at risk whether they be innocent lives or whatever and hence he slowly transitions into The Riddler we all know and love mine the crappy jumpsuits haha.

i think the riddler should be a good agent gone bad he should get so obsessed with batman that he goes over the edge and becomes a threat to the investigation so he is taken off the case by the atf and so he starts becoming the riddler and trys to catch batman to prove to everyone that he is the best and he would also dicover the truth about dent as well

Personally, I'm not a fan of Edward Nashton (Nigma) being any sort of government agent. I've read ideas along those lines in various threads and still haven't taken a liking to it. But that's me. Now, if we can get back to dressing these characters up, there's already a thread for a Riddler story as it is.

Riddlers gotta keep some green in his suit.. Make his jacket and trousers green and then his shirt white and his tie green. And for a variation of his suit, he can have a black jacket and trousers, green shirt and a black tie. Or he can have a black jacket and trousers with a black shirt and green tie.

i think he should only show a hint of green like a green tie with question mark patterns on it...or even have his suit buttons have engraved question marks on them

i think he should only show a hint of green like a green tie with question mark patterns on it...or even have his suit buttons have engraved question marks on them

Seems kinda cheesy or tacky to me.

As fas as Black Mask goes... I've been thinking.

And I realized, he's likely to only have half a mask, since he'll probably be wearing the thing for almost the entire movie. That lower jaw likely won't be there.

It sounds weird, but its for the sense of animation. Since he'll be such a major character if he's in the film, he'll need some sort of animation in his face, and I doubt they'll use the lower jaw on the mask to do that.

*subscribes* good thread--needs more images. I'll post some when I get back to my place--anyway, the art from Catwoman looks great on paper. On film, looks cheap and vulgar. Catwoman with a huge cleavage? It's Nolan, not Raimi.

I know she would probably never been in another movie ,but what kind of cosutme design do you guys have for Poison Ivy? Im trying to come up with some, but I just have no ideas...

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS IDEA:

CATWOMAN makes a makeshift utility belt that she makes from a belt that she steals from a GC police officer!

a police belt!

What do you think?

This is still the best and easiest look for Catwoman to me --

1.jpg

Perhaps, but with Roman Sionis/Black Mask, I'm not sure I wouldn't see it as somewhat silly. A crime boss wearing a black, skull mask just seems silly as compared to what can be done with other villains. Not that I wouldn't want to see the character on film, but perhaps tweaked here and there. With him, I see him as more visual because of the mask. There's nothing I've read him in that shows any outstanding mannerisms that makes him stand out from any normal gangster aside from the fact that he's a little crazier and happens to wear a mask. But, of course, I could be wrong or proven as such.

As I've mentioned before, I think Selina Kyle/Catwoman's current look in the comic-verse is easily and best translated to film. It doesn't have to be a shiny material, though. Aside from adding a place here or there, or perhaps some sort of backpack, to carry things, I think it looks absolutely perfect. Though I know some people don't like them, I very much like the look of the goggles and am in favor of it being possible to use that for either night-vision or infra-red, also. Not as gadget-laden as Batman, but it doesn't mean she can't have a few of her own. She's a professional, of course.

90.jpg

When it comes to Edward Nashton/Nigma as The Riddler, I'm not a fan of the idea of him being dressed in a green suit. Unless it happens to be very, very dark to where only sometimes you see it as green. I'm not even sure it's necessary he be wearing green or have a bowler hat or even a cane. I'd prefer his character to be more psychological and mysterious than actually visual, where The Joker was both. There was a great fan poster made awhile back that I prefer his character be based.

Kudos to whoever made it --

229.jpg

Listen to this poster, I agree with what they have to say.

I'm not interested in Black Mask as a crime boss, but rather as a rival for Wayne, and wears the mask as some sick fetish killing people on the side, like American Psycho .

Show the Catwoman cleavage in a small part in the movie to get Batman's going, but keep it zipped up for the most part, it seems more professional that way.

I like the idea of the way Riddler could be portrayed, as mentioned above.

CATWOMAN makes a makeshift utility belt that she makes from a belt that she steals from a GC police officer!

a police belt!

What do you think?

I think you need to chill with the font size, bro.

As for the Riddler costume debate, they made the Joker's purple suit work, so why can't they make a green suit work for the Riddler? It doesn't have to be lime green spandex with question marks all over it.

a police belt!

What do you think?

Not so much a huge utility belt, just necessities, much like what Batman in TDK uses.

For the villains I want in Mister Freeze and Bane;

mf02jpgw560h753xc9.jpg

banemainsz1.jpg

bane2at5.jpg

and the image below I feel screams iconic;

baneat3.jpg

Of course I don't expect them to be used, if they were, that's how I want them to look. The tubing and the fictional drug in Bane isn't a real issue for me, I could go both ways if done right.

That Freeze is awesome! The costume looks really low budget and ''vintage''.

The Riddler:
If they wanted to go with the business man version.
Very Dark Green Suit or Black Suit, green shirt, Black Tie with a gold question Mark tie clip, no hat.

But if they wanted to go with the crazy obsessed version, Crazy messy red hair, Aviators with green lenses, tattoos on his hands like in that fan poster, messy suit same color as the one above but no jacket and no gold question mark tie clip, a lil bit of stubble to add to the having been sleeping obsessed look.

played by Casey Affleck or Guy Pearce

I think so too.

I wish that Nolan had the patience, and open mind to far out fiction enough to include these visually and well scripted characters to the screen the way they deserve to be. He's proven worthy of the task with Harvey and Joker, I'm just worried about another director trying to put "his / hers" personal take on the franchise if / when Nolan does decide to leave.

I know she would probably never been in another movie ,but what kind of cosutme design do you guys have for Poison Ivy? Im trying to come up with some, but I just have no ideas...

I pictured her actually wearing what Maggie Gyllenhaal wore in the interrogation scene with Lau... A kind of nice suit, with a green vest, maybe green pants. I'd make her some sort of higher-up in the city- which would explain her suit- but she's a bio-terrorist that's destroying Gotham.

To be honest, I can't think of much to make Ivy as epic of a villain in as epic of a movie as TDK was... It'd be hard, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"