The Official DC Stupid Question Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it has been retconned. It's only like 3 years old and took place when Johns was writing GL.

Is Adventure Comics gonna be following Conner exclusively when it starts in August?

Maybe she's out there spreading her love... [notrape]by any means necessary[/notrape].

(Totally kinda rape.)
I'm not digging the whole Sapphire/Love thing. :csad:

Stupid question of the moment: what is the approximate height of Alpha Lantern Boodikka?

I assume it's connor but I think it has a backup feature.

I would say Boodika is 4 inches but thick.

Yeah, Connor is the main focus and it'll have a back-up starring the Legion

So I havnt been reading DC now since OYL, and want to pick some things up again. Ive been told batmans dead( when/how what book?), whats going on with other main and second string charecters? As in is it worth reading Flash/Action/JLA and other smaller books too cos I love those more than the big names sometimes?

Batman died in a big event story called Final Crisis. Darkseid shot him with those omega eye beams of his. For reasons not explained, however, Batman is alive and well in the distant past, drawing his bat-symbol on cave walls.

Flash: Barry Allen is alive again.

Superman: There's now a planet called New Krypton populated with a bunch of Kryptonians who have been banned from setting foot on Earth. For reasons someone else will have to explain, Superman himself currently isn't featured in his own comics.

JLA: Search me

Green Lantern: There are currently 8 different colored Lantern groups, including a group of undead Black Lanterns.

Wonder Woman: Denounced her amazon-ness after Zeus came back and replaced her people with new Male Amazons.

Green Arrow & Black Canary: Married and sharing a comic

Batman's friends/family: Tim is calling himself Red Robin, Dick is Batman, Bruce's son Damian (who he apparently had with Talia some years ago, but only recently discovered) is Robin, and everyone's regular comics (Nightwing, Birds of Prey, Robin) got canceled upon Bruce's death. Batwoman (still Renee's ex Kathy from 52) is starring in Detective Comics.

Booster Gold: Awesome if you're into episodic time travel stories. Currently features the adventures of Blue Beetle as a separate 10-page story in each issue.

Batman died in a big event story called Final Crisis. Darkseid shot him with those omega eye beams of his. For reasons not explained, however, Batman is alive and well in the distant past, drawing his bat-symbol on cave walls.

Interesting, I'll pick up Final Crisis.

Flash: Barry Allen is alive again.
Omg Barry Allen is my favorite flash! can someone explain how, is he out taking names alongside Wally?

Superman: There's now a planet called New Krypton populated with a bunch of Kryptonians who have been banned from setting foot on Earth. For reasons someone else will have to explain, Superman himself currently isn't featured in his own comics.

Ok whats going on here? Are DC intent on getting rid of its main two charecters right now? Batmans gone all Marty McFly from some omega beams and Supermans gone too?

JLA: Search me.

I heard there are only a few JLA members remaining?

Green Lantern: There are currently 8 different colored Lantern groups, including a group of undead Black Lanterns.

Wonder Woman: Denounced her amazon-ness after Zeus came back and replaced her people with new Male Amazons.

Green Arrow & Black Canary: Married and sharing a comic

Batman's friends/family: Tim is calling himself Red Robin, Dick is Batman, Bruce's son Damian (who he apparently had with Talia some years ago, but only recently discovered) is Robin, and everyone's regular comics (Nightwing, Birds of Prey, Robin) got canceled upon Bruce's death. Batwoman (still Renee's ex Kathy from 52) is starring in Detective Comics.

Booster Gold: Awesome if you're into episodic time travel stories. Currently features the adventures of Blue Beetle as a separate 10-page story in each issue.

Ok.....DC has changed a lot in 2 years, wow. everything seems topsy turvy.

It is in a transitional phase right now, the likes of which probably hasn't been seen since the Silver Age, but will probably back to status quo in 2 years.

Ok whats going on here? Are DC intent on getting rid of its main two charecters right now? Batmans gone all Marty McFly from some omega beams and Supermans gone too?

Superman stopped an attack by (another) Brainiac and ended up finding the (shrunken) lost city of Kandor. Releasing it on Earth near the Fortress of Solitude, it grew to normal size, complete with 100,000 Kryptonians.

As the Kryptonians began gaining powers under Earth's sun, they had a number of problematic run-ins with humanity. Including killing several police officers. This turns the humans against Kandor. Because of the murder of one of their leaders, the Kryptonians launch the city from Earth, growing a New Krypton in Earth's orbit on the opposite side of the sun. Humanity has banned all Kryptonians except Superman from Earth (which is a problem for Supergirl). The New Krypton book follows Superman's adventures.

Superman decides to live on New Krypton to be with his people, and keep an eye on them (especially since Zod leads their military). Because Superman was able to free Mon-El from the Phantom Zone, Mon-El has taken Superman's place as protector of Earth while he is gone as a favor to Kal. So the Superman book is about Mon-El now.

Action Comics follows a pair of Kryptonians, Flamebird and Nightwing, on Earth who seem to be tracking down rogue Kryptonians on the planet. One of the Kryptonians, Nightwing, is actually Christopher Kent. Superman's adopted (and Zod's biological) son.

I heard there are only a few JLA members remaining?

It's second stringers now, trying to live up to the example set by the big three. Black Canary leads John Stewart, Firestorm, Zatanna, Doctor Light, and Vixen.

Ok.....DC has changed a lot in 2 years, wow. everything seems topsy turvy.

Blackest Night might bring about a ton more changes. There are now 8 Lantern Corps in the universe based on the 'emotional' spectrum:
Green based on willpower
Red based on rage
Blue based on hope
Orange based on greed
Violet (the Star Sapphires) based on love
Indio based on compassion
Yellow (Sinestro Corps) based on fear
and Black, based on death

The Black Corps are bringing the dead to life throughout the universe.

A couple of dead heroes you might not know about include the Martian Manhunter and Aquaman (Bart Allen and Superboy are recently back from the dead).

Am I the only one who lol'd when they were reading Tales of the Corps and saw that the Black Lanterns' "emotion" on their profile was "death"? :)

What happened to Superboy-Prime after the Sinestro Corps War? Will he make a return in Blackest Night?

And who is the most destructive/powerful Superman?

Superman stopped an attack by (another) Brainiac and ended up finding the (shrunken) lost city of Kandor. Releasing it on Earth near the Fortress of Solitude, it grew to normal size, complete with 100,000 Kryptonians.

As the Kryptonians began gaining powers under Earth's sun, they had a number of problematic run-ins with humanity. Including killing several police officers. This turns the humans against Kandor. Because of the murder of one of their leaders, the Kryptonians launch the city from Earth, growing a New Krypton in Earth's orbit on the opposite side of the sun. Humanity has banned all Kryptonians except Superman from Earth (which is a problem for Supergirl). The New Krypton book follows Superman's adventures.

Superman decides to live on New Krypton to be with his people, and keep an eye on them (especially since Zod leads their military). Because Superman was able to free Mon-El from the Phantom Zone, Mon-El has taken Superman's place as protector of Earth while he is gone as a favor to Kal. So the Superman book is about Mon-El now.

Action Comics follows a pair of Kryptonians, Flamebird and Nightwing, on Earth who seem to be tracking down rogue Kryptonians on the planet. One of the Kryptonians, Nightwing, is actually Christopher Kent. Superman's adopted (and Zod's biological) son.

It's second stringers now, trying to live up to the example set by the big three. Black Canary leads John Stewart, Firestorm, Zatanna, Doctor Light, and Vixen.

Blackest Night might bring about a ton more changes. There are now 8 Lantern Corps in the universe based on the 'emotional' spectrum:
Green based on willpower
Red based on rage
Blue based on hope
Orange based on greed
Violet (the Star Sapphires) based on love
Indio based on compassion
Yellow (Sinestro Corps) based on fear
and Black, based on death

The Black Corps are bringing the dead to life throughout the universe.

A couple of dead heroes you might not know about include the Martian Manhunter and Aquaman (Bart Allen and Superboy are recently back from the dead).

ok this sounds like great stuff, Ive got to pick up these books. Which one did superman stop an attack by another brainiac thus leading to kandor and him leaving etc?

What happened to Superboy-Prime after the Sinestro Corps War? Will he make a return in Blackest Night?

And who is the most destructive/powerful Superman?
He shows up in Countdown to Final Crisis, which is entirely skippable for the love of God skip it please it sucks so bad, and then he recently appeared in Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds, which just ended like two weeks ago or so. He probably won't appear in Blackest Night.

Theoretically, Superman-Prime of DC One Million is the most powerful Superman; he's basically the main continuity Superman after spending a millions years living in the sun.

Big 'ol stacks of bad comics that had nothing to do with what they were counting down to.

All I know is I enjoyed most of it.

Continuity-wise it's mostly skippable. Might help answer a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"