The Amazing Spider-Man The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread - Part 2

She was AMAZING. I think she effectively shut up the haters. I thought her portrayal was perfect. MUCH better than what we saw of Bryce in SM3

Gwen was in SM3? All I saw was a dumb blonde.

I was expecting a bit more screen time from Emma, but omg I'm not complaining.
She was smart, cute, funny, badass i just wanted to jump in the screen and marry her
Yeah. I liked her, but I did kinda feel like she wasn't in the movie enough. I remember thinking,"Please don't have Peter stay away from her in the second movie and have us see even less of her." But I don't think Peter actually promised George he would stay away from her, and I think the last scene with them showed that he wasn't going to stay away from her.

Also, if they do kill off Gwen, I think the second might be too soon. Like I said above, I kinda felt like she didn't get enough screen time. I don't think they would/should end the reboot with Gwen's death. There may very well be more than three movies.

Oh, and can I have my neck brace back?

Time will tell what the filmmakers decide to do with Gwen. I think it's pretty obvious that most everyone involved is interested in telling the "Death of Gwen Stacy" story. And they're moving in the right direction. I'm already very attached to the character, along with many other fans, so they're setting up for a real heartbreaking scene.

I would guess that her death all depends on how many films this series ends up having.

Yeah, I was telling my wife about the comic arc and she hates the idea of Gwen dying. We both loved her character and the chemistry between the two of them in this film. That will be very hard to replicate with another actress. So I hope they give a lot of thought to how they handle her death. Also if they do it in the 2nd film it will feel a little like the arc Rachel had in the Batman films. Love interest, learns his identity, dies in 2nd film. I hope they don't approach it that way. They need to remember it needs to resonate with the GA not just comic fans. Killing her too soon just to bring back MJ will irritate a lot of people especially since she's a much stronger female lead than MJ in the previous films. My wife and I both commented on how she functioned more like a side kick rather than the damsel in distress, she was intelligent, defended herself (flamethrower at Oscorp), and seemed more like a good match for Peter, similar interest in science, etc. While MJ is basically the pretty girl who he's always liked (as portrayed in the films). The girl who wants to be an actress (reminds me of Clark and Lana in Smallville). The relationship seemed more organic and believable, not contrived and angst ridden, which was a nice change of pace. Right now i have zero interests in seeing MJ again. I just want to enjoy Peter and Gwen.

Also since they've already deviated from cannon, ie Gwen doesn't know he's spider-man this soon (or possible ever in the comic). Her character here is much more like MJ from the Ultimate Spider-man comic in which he reveals his identity early on, she serves as his confidant/helper throughout the series. I'm hoping they continue to handle her that way. Just my two cents.

She was AMAZING. I think she effectively shut up the haters. I thought her portrayal was perfect. MUCH better than what we saw of Bryce in SM3
Sad and true. BDH could have been a saving grace, but Raimi just made her a throwaway(no pun intended).
Gwen was in SM3? All I saw was a dumb blonde.
Aww come on, she wasn't dumb. It was kind of sad that her most humanistic emotion was her apologizing to MJ at the jazz club though.

The relation between Gwen and Peter was really what made the movie!

Before I went to see this film, I had the thought that The Death of Gwen Stacy is something I'd really want to see.

Now I'm really not sure. Killing her could be one of the most emotional things ever seen in a film, at least in a comic book film. But I just don't want their relationship to end anytime soon!

If they have to kill her, I say do that in ASM3. I need another full movie of her!

Sad and true. BDH could have been a saving grace, but Raimi just made her a throwaway(no pun intended).
It was a shame bc she was cute and had the right look but she had no characterization in the film and you could have just thrown any other random blonde at Peter there. I liked Bryce but they did nothing with her.

If they have to kill her, I say do that in ASM3. I need another full movie of her!
You can still get that. If she dies in ASM2, its not like it will be within the first 30 minutes. She'd probably be killed towards the very end.

You can still get that. If she dies in ASM2, its not like it will be within the first 30 minutes. She'd probably be killed towards the very end.

Yeah I know but I'd still prefer her to die in ASM3. However, with the promise Peter had to give, killing her in ASM2 would be the most effective maybe. BUT, I feel this trilogy actually needs her! I've never felt so touched by a chemistry as that between Garfield and Emma

Yeah I know but I'd still prefer her to die in ASM3. However, with the promise Peter had to give, killing her in ASM2 would be the most effective maybe. BUT, I feel this trilogy actually needs her! I've never felt so touched by a chemistry as that between Garfield and Emma
Oh IA. I LOVE their chemistry and definetly pulling for Gwen and Peter but I think it would be very impactful and powerful to kill her off at the end of the second film. I think it could lead to great characterization for him in the third.

Oh IA. I LOVE their chemistry and definetly pulling for Gwen and Peter but I think it would be very impactful and powerful to kill her off at the end of the second film. I think it could lead to great characterization for him in the third.

Yeah you're very right! It's really tough haha! This seriously has the potential to get one of the most emotional scenes in almost any movie I feel!

Recent pics of Andrew & Emma while vacationing in South Asia.

2lww12w.jpg

2432mf4.png

I was skeptical of her in the role pre-release (wanted to see BDH in the role again), but now that I've seen the movie, I believe Emma did a great job.

Emma Stone was placed at #5 in AskMen's Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2013. The four women who were placed in front of her were: Rihanna(4), Kate Upton(3), Mila Kunis(2) and Jennifer Lawrence(1). The top three are spot on and I think Stone should be number 4, not Rihanna. Heck, Miranda Kerr, who came in six, should have been before Rihanna.

Last edited:
Emma Stone was placed at #5 in AskMen's Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2013. The four women who were placed in front of her were: Rihanna(4), Kate Upton(3), Mila Kunis(2) and Jennifer Lawrence(1). The top three are spot on and I think Stone should be number 4, not Rihanna. Heck, Miranda Kerr, who came in six, should have been before Rihanna.
I really don't find Rihanna that desirable. I'm surprised she made it to top 5.

Not her best photo IMO. Looks like she could do with some good cleaning up. This is considering she's seen as one of the hottest most desireable women on the planet. Or maybe I just have different tastes...

I do think it is sad however that whenever people posted candids of Kirsten out and about people did nothing but bash her down and call her horrible names and this was the accepted behaviour because she is what..? Too sensitive? Too arty, too thoughtful and bohemian so therefore isn't looked at as attractive by the masses. Emma slaps on a ton of make-up and acts hyper-goofy in interviews and suddenly she is this unique goddess to the masses. It just shows that people just follow what seems to be popular at the time rather than use their own brain as to who is putting in noteworthy performances these days.

Sorry, this isn't a reflection of Gwen or Emma's performance. I think she did very well in the part. But I kinda refuse to believe she is this super articulate super strategic and oscar deserving actress in hollywood. Like her movies are so important the world must bow down to her. When to me, she is a hip-happening cute-stylish young actress who is in movies to give 10 year old boys their first crush and teenage girls a style icon. Nothing more than this.

Not her best photo IMO. Looks like she could do with some good cleaning up. This is considering she's seen as one of the hottest most desireable women on the planet. Or maybe I just have different tastes...

I do think it is sad however that whenever people posted candids of Kirsten out and about people did nothing but bash her down and call her horrible names and this was the accepted behaviour because she is what..? Too sensitive? Too arty, too thoughtful and bohemian so therefore isn't looked at as attractive by the masses. Emma slaps on a ton of make-up and acts hyper-goofy in interviews and suddenly she is this unique goddess to the masses. It just shows that people just follow what seems to be popular at the time rather than use their own brain as to who is putting in noteworthy performances these days.

Sorry, this isn't a reflection of Gwen or Emma's performance. I think she did very well in the part. But I kinda refuse to believe she is this super articulate super strategic and oscar deserving actress in hollywood. Like her movies are so important the world must bow down to her. When to me, she is a hip-happening cute-stylish young actress who is in movies to give 10 year old boys their first crush and teenage girls a style icon. Nothing more than this.

Tl;dr

And Emma is sporting black...as in death...as in signifying the death of Gwen :oldrazz:

^you know, reading UltimateWebHead's post and seeing that picture together, it kinda seems like Venom is trying to make a troll face

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"