The Amazing Spider-Man When and how should Gwen Stacy die? - Part 1

I agree with everyone that says if the Gwen Stacy Death Arc occurs at all, let it be in the end of ASM2.

I've stated my arguments quite a few times in the last couple years but I feel more emotion would be evoked with a climatic death in the final act. And I also like the idea of Peter and Gwen hitting an emotionally positive peak right before she bites the dust.
Like, they're obviously going to have major relationship problems in ASM2...Captain Stacy's death and promise being the focal point. So to have them reconcile, forgive, and bond to the strongest they've ever been...and then have her death occur...that's the way to go.

Personally, that is way I'd go about the act if I was the director. To me, it seems to be the best way to hit heartstrings and create the biggest emotional impact story wise.

I agree with everyone that says if the Gwen Stacy Death Arc occurs at all, let it be in the end of ASM2.

I've stated my arguments quite a few times in the last couple years but I feel more emotion would be evoked with a climatic death in the final act. And I also like the idea of Peter and Gwen hitting an emotionally positive peak right before she bites the dust.
Like, they're obviously going to have major relationship problems in ASM2...Captain Stacy's death and promise being the focal point. So to have them reconcile, forgive, and bond to the strongest they've ever been...and then have her death occur...that's the way to go.

Personally, that is way I'd go about the act if I was the director. To me, it seems to be the best way to hit heartstrings and create the biggest emotional impact story wise.

agrees completely

I think end of movie 2 works the best. It shoudn't be about, "oh how can we shock the audience?", more so "how can we space the story out on screen".

With Peter going to have Gwen, then have her die, to Peter trying to regroup after that, then to finally hint at him going to be with MJ...that's WAY too much for one film, especially the final one.

While I agree, I dunno why any spider-man fan would be sad? its not an original idea, Gwen dieing, any superheroes loved one dieing wouldn't cause much surprise you know. It would feel oddly cliche if she died after a "climatic battle".

I think end of movie 2 works the best. It shoudn't be about, "oh how can we shock the audience?", more so "how can we space the story out on screen".

With Peter going to have Gwen, then have her die, to Peter trying to regroup after that, then to finally hint at him going to be with MJ...that's WAY too much for one film, especially the final one.

yeah i think more people are all about "shocking" the audience than actually making the audience "feel" anything. The EMOTION is far more important than shock value.

Now.. if you watched the three films back to back and they were seamlessly intertwined as if one big movie.. than yeah.. maybe her death at the beginning of spidey 3 would feel emotional.. but that's not most people, and that's not how you create a good stand alone film

While I agree, I dunno why any spider-man fan would be sad? its not an original idea, Gwen dieing, any superheroes loved one dieing wouldn't cause much surprise you know. It would feel oddly cliche if she died after a "climatic battle".

i know plenty of fans who are sad by even the idea of emma stones death.... some don't even want it to happen at all

The Death of Gwen Stacy is one of the biggest events in comic book history. Once again, I feel like people complain whether a CBM is faithful to the comics or if it takes its own liberties.

The Death of Gwen Stacy is one of the biggest events in comic book history. Once again, I feel like people complain whether a CBM is faithful to the comics or if it takes its own liberties.

Every single comic book movie take extensive liberties, the Nolan Batman films took them like drugs for example. Yet they were great to amazing stories that people really enjoyed.

some people just like to complain... people complain when a superhero film takes too many liberties.. than complain when they do something that's in the book.

Every single comic book movie take extensive liberties, the Nolan Batman films took them like drugs for example. Yet they were great to amazing stories that people really enjoyed.

Okay, but that doesn't explain why they shouldn't have the Death of Gwen Stacy in this trilogy. If anything, the filmmakers should be obligated to head into that direction. It would be such a wasted opportunity if they didn't.

some people just like to complain... people complain when a superhero film takes too many liberties.. than complain when they do something that's in the book.

Yeah. Get's annoying after a while. lol

sometimes it works... the liberties with Raj worked VERY well... and Joker and Harvey really didn't differ to slightly...

that is why they're the best 2 films imo...

I think DKR went a little overboard with the liberties.. .and while made an "enjoyable film" it didn't really sit well with me as a "great batman film"

it's the same with the X-men movies to me.. the films are really enjoyable.. but at the same time they differ SO far from the books that they don't always "feel" like the x-men we know and love.

I think you need a nice mix of things.. and I think this is something Marvel Studios has realized and respected quite well... they tell great stories while sticking to the heart of the books. And successfully deliver a 1, 2 punch

Looking at how crowded ASM2 is I hope they save Gwen Stacy's death for movie 3.

Anyone support Electro doing it in movie two?

^ For me, I don't really care whether or not Gwen's death happens like it did in the comics, but do feel that if they do want to have it happen like it does in the comics, it's going to happen in TASM3. If they're not so worried about sticking to the comics, I could see it happening in TASM2 as part of the film's climax and as the culmination of Peter's character arc, ending the film on a cliffhanger.

Looking at how crowded ASM2 is I hope they save Gwen Stacy's death for movie 3.

Anyone support Electro doing it in movie two?

I don't support Electro doing it. But I support it being done in movie 2 even less.

So, if it's done well it won't ruin the movie for me. But they are off to a better start if they have Gobby do it in ASM3 in my opinion.

Gwen needs to die in the third one when they introduce Green Goblin. They need to stay true to the comics and have Goblin kill her.

I think with the announcement of a third and fourth movie, Gwen might die in the third. I seriously believe we're getting a Green Goblin cliffhanger at the end of this movie.

I think she dies in the fourth.

Last edited:
movie 2: They build the relationship between Peter and Gwen. Very happy ending.

movie 3: Turmoil and Gwen's gutwrenching death.

movie 4: Parker fights his demons and Mary Jane helps him through it. Hopeful ending.

Gwen needs to die in the third one when they introduce Green Goblin. They need to stay true to the comics and have Goblin kill her.

Wether you like it or not people will still complain about the outcome.
1. its predictable
2. If someone else kills her then you know the Goblin fan bandwagon is gonna gonna lose there **** .
3. Is goblin going to be in the 3rd film.

I for one hope they play there cards close to there chest. If they introduce this well known plotline it will obviously depend on there execution. They could easily **** up the whole film if they get it wrong . Im hoping for the latter.

However she dies it should be at the hands of his nemesis villian (like Rachel/Joker) the obvious choice is Goblin but if they use another villian they have to build him and use him as the nemesis

Wait
but wasn't the Green Goblin coming out in the end of TASM2? I could've sworn I seen pictures about it.

I still think she bites the dust in the second film. And if she doesn't, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

sometimes it works... the liberties with Raj worked VERY well... and Joker and Harvey really didn't differ to slightly...

that is why they're the best 2 films imo...

I think DKR went a little overboard with the liberties.. .and while made an "enjoyable film" it didn't really sit well with me as a "great batman film"

it's the same with the X-men movies to me.. the films are really enjoyable.. but at the same time they differ SO far from the books that they don't always "feel" like the x-men we know and love.

I think you need a nice mix of things.. and I think this is something Marvel Studios has realized and respected quite well... they tell great stories while sticking to the heart of the books. And successfully deliver a 1, 2 punch
lol. Hardly. Really? Because it certainly feels like the X-Men I know and love. Strange. Oh, I know! Maybe YOUR opinion doesn't count as everyone elses! Do ya think that's it? I think it could be. Every problem with TDKR has NOTHING to do adaption.

On topic: Kill the witch. Electro can do it for all I care. Just get rid of her. That'll certainly increase my pesonal enjoyment of the film. What a worthless love interest.

lol. Hardly. Really? Because it certainly feels like the X-Men I know and love. Strange. Oh, I know! Maybe YOUR opinion doesn't count as everyone elses! Do ya think that's it? I think it could be. Every problem with TDKR has NOTHING to do adaption.

On topic: Kill the witch. Electro can do it for all I care. Just get rid of her. That'll certainly increase my pesonal enjoyment of the film. What a worthless love interest.

i would hardly say gwen is a worthless love interest in these movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"