Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

Yeah, I have no clue who she is either. If I pick it up I'll scan the rest of the Gambit story and post it here for you guys. I imagine his story probably isn't that long...

Don't bother- I read the story online. One of the stupiest Gambit stories EVAH!

Basically it's just Hellcat acting like a total brainless bimbo and annoying Gambit on some bizarre blind date set up by Scott and Emma. That's really it. Oh, some sort of demon tadpole gets loose, but that really doesn't have much to do with anything.

I mean, honestly, is THIS the best they could come up with?:doh:

It was still funny. I'll have to scan the pages tomorrow when I have more time, then you can judge for yourself.

I'm scanning the pages right now, up in a few. :up:

EDIT:
These two I stole from Specter. Yeah, I am that lazy. :p

gambithellcatpageone.jpg

gambithellcatpagetwo.jpg

The rest I scanned and yes, I do know that some of them are a bit crooked. Lazy, remember?

gambithellcatpagethree.jpg

gambithellcatpagefour.jpg

gambithellcatpagefive.jpg

gambithellcatpagesix.jpg

gambithellcatpageseven.jpg

gambithellcatpageeight.jpg

Last edited:
Scans are much appreciated.

And that was... random? Odd pairing, odd story, odd... everything? It's got to eventually tie into something... right? :huh:

Someone elsewhere said they were on a blind date, but that wasn't said anywhere... yeah, why they were there in the first place is a bit vague.

It's implied through the phone call at the beginning with Patsy saying the guy Emma told her to meet wasn't there yet, and Gambit saying that Scott wanted him to meet this girl at the same place.

Why would they be trying to set anyone up with Gambit when they clearly don't trust him at all? Not to mention they must know he and Rogue are still kinda working things out or whatever. Why stir things up there? *confused*

Why would they be trying to set anyone up with Gambit when they clearly don't trust him at all? Not to mention they must know he and Rogue are still kinda working things out or whatever. Why stir things up there? *confused*

Probably because it's written by someone who has no clue about Gambit. Marvel should make a rule that only Liu and Gischler are allowed to write Gambit-maybe Yost too.

Well, it still beats him moping around Utopia's basement worrying aout Death... :p I'll take funny Gambit every time.

Has this pic been posted yet, Gambit joining the Legacy team?

gambitlegacy.jpg

Thoughts?

gambitlegacy.jpg

Thoughts?

I think interviews awhile back hinted that the Gambit/Rogue/Magneto thing would run it's course... Plus we know that EVENTUALLY his whole darkside thing will play out, so it makes sense.

Honestly, Gambit would be better off wandering off into the night with Hellcat and starting over in a different part of the Marvel U... The X-Office has no die what to do with him and has completely destroyed all of his relationships among the X-Men.

gambitlegacy.jpg

Thoughts?
That pic is new to me but then Gambit has sorta been in Legacy for a while now. The only books he hasn't been in lately is Uncanny and Astonishing.

That pic is new to me but then Gambit has sorta been in Legacy for a while now. The only books he hasn't been in lately is Uncanny and Astonishing.

I know what you mean but he wasn't in Legacy for over a year until recently, this kinda makes it official. I hope this is a sign that stories may revolve around a team instead of just Rogue.

He was in Legacy just last month...

gambitdeathlegacy244pageone.jpg

He's been around, he just isn't being used much....

He was in Legacy just last month...

He's been around, he just isn't being used much....

I know what you mean but he wasn't in Legacy for over a year until recently, this kinda makes it official. I hope this is a sign that stories may revolve around a team instead of just Rogue.

Until recently he hadn't been in Legacy for over a year. :yay:

I really don't know if I want him in Legacy anymore. On his facebook page apparently, Carey has really been pushing the Magneto/Rogue thing, and I am getting really tired of the Deathbit thing (which, according to Carey, is not Deathbit but a darker side of Remy's personality-so he's made our boy a schizophrenic-great.....) Liu and Gishler ignore that whole plotline wisely, and I'm sticking with them.

As for Remy on the Legacy cover-how many times have we seen Gambit on a cover, yet not even appear in the book? I'll believe it when I see it.

Meanwhile, the new X-23 preview looks fantastic-Gambit being Gambit and looking mighty fine:)

I really don't know if I want him in Legacy anymore. On his facebook page apparently, Carey has really been pushing the Magneto/Rogue thing, and I am getting really tired of the Deathbit thing (which, according to Carey, is not Deathbit but a darker side of Remy's personality-so he's made our boy a schizophrenic-great.....) Liu and Gishler ignore that whole plotline wisely, and I'm sticking with them.

As for Remy on the Legacy cover-how many times have we seen Gambit on a cover, yet not even appear in the book? I'll believe it when I see it.

Meanwhile, the new X-23 preview looks fantastic-Gambit being Gambit and looking mighty fine:)

Carey's the only writer in the entire Marvel U that cares about Death-Gambit at all, and honestly I don't get what he's so fascinated in (then again, I understand almost none of the man's motivations with his stories).

He salvaged what had been one of many horrible writing decisions during a horrible writing run in the X-Books and is sporadically bringing it up... why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"