• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft Balloons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically I would not expect every thread on this site to eventually turn into a discussion on Nolan's Batman

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man was a great franchise, an unstoppable box office juggernaut which not only inspired studios to make films about comic book properties and probably greased the wheels for projects stuck in development hell to get to the screen. SPIDER-MAN (2002) was probably the film that cemented the comic book superhero film genre's potential to make a lot of money and get good reviews.
Very well said.

Watching Spider-man 3 right now on FX. :woot:

I love that moment in Spidey 3 when Brock and Parker are in JJ's office and Brock says," I have this girl that I intend to marry,and I have this little dream of working with one of the greatest newspaper editors of all time...J. Jonah Jameson." Peter has this look on his face like,"What utter bull****!!" lol Makes me laugh everytime.

Willem Dafoe talking in the mirror is one of my favorite comic book film moments ever.

4c1riiw.gif
That would hurt his back even more trying to stop the train the way he did
This was from 2.1. I really thought it was awesome, but it's one of those things that worked whether you had it in the film or on.t It deifnitely wasn't needed, but I'm glad they put it on 2.1. The theatrical cut still is the best, if you ask me.
Yeah, the flip and stick the body entirely to the side of the train is far more awesome than this move, and simpler

Realistically I would not expect every thread on this site to eventually turn into a discussion on Nolan's Batman
If everyone thought that way, boring movie conflicts would never happen

I like Raimi's spidey movies,but i'm glad he is gone.He would of kept doing the same thing over and over.No masked spidey/villain,MJ taken hostage,etc.

I do find that kind of stuff annoying. Why does MJ need to be kidnapped over and over again? Did Raimi feel that we couldn't get emotionally invested if she wasn't at risk? They really should have gone with the idea to use Gwen as the damsel in distress in place of Mary Jane.

As far as unmasked Spider-Man/villain, that was because Spider-Man's mask is not as film-friendly as say Batman's cowl, because his mask completely blocks the actor's facial expressions. This is why the comics and animated series often have the solid lenses "squinting" (how that works, don't ask me). That would more than likely look goofy as hell in live-action. So the mask is often either removed or damaged in such a way as to reveal the eyes and mouth. Thus, when we need to see Peter emoting, the mask comes off. I think there are alternatives, these are just the reasons we kept seeing it in the Raimi Spider-Man films.

Wouldn't the Cops be a bit suspicious of MJ by the third movie? I mean every time a super villain pops up in New York they end up kidnapping her.

The only possible explanation is that MJ is a drug lord.

The only possible explanation is that MJ is a drug lord.
LOL, arresting her would ruin her image as an actress before people see her as a lousy performer

Peter was afraid of being with MJ in Spider-man 2 for fear that his enemies would go after her. Seems to me,it didn't matter whether they were together anyway. She was always getting kidnapped!

Agreed, lol. It's so awkward, but in a good way. It's like something that would happen some times in a Spidey comic book, lol. Especially these days.

SPIDER-MAN (2002) was probably the film that cemented the comic book superhero film genre's potential to make a lot of money and get good reviews.

Shouldn't that credit go to....

xmen-poster.jpg

Realistically it's because of Nolan's realism :oldrazz:

Wouldn't the Cops be a bit suspicious of MJ by the third movie? I mean every time a super villain pops up in New York they end up kidnapping her.

Captain Stacy, in Spider-Man 3, should have been wise enough to realized that once he witnessed a new up-and-coming villain; he should've sped to MJ's apartment and placed her in witness protection. But, maybe Raimi wanted to show the weaker side of the NYPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"