The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft Balloons

Status
Not open for further replies.

original_image.gif

I love that moment in Spidey 3 when Brock and Parker are in JJ's office and Brock says," I have this girl that I intend to marry,and I have this little dream of working with one of the greatest newspaper editors of all time...J. Jonah Jameson." Peter has this look on his face like,"What utter bull****!!" lol Makes me laugh everytime.

One thing I love about Tobey's acting is that he can speak entire paragraphs with just his eyes. One of my favorite examples is when he & Norman are discussing Harry's "mystery girl"; his mouth was saying "Harry hasn't mentioned her" but his eyes said "back-stabbing mother*******!!!!"

One thing I love about Tobey's acting is that he can speak entire paragraphs with just his eyes. One of my favorite examples is when he & Norman are discussing Harry's "mystery girl"; his mouth was saying "Harry hasn't mentioned her" but his eyes said "back-stabbing mother*******!!!!"
Yeah, I lvoe that scene!

Btw, did you guys know that Tobey was nomianted for a Golden Globe for Brothers (2009)?

Wouldn't the Cops be a bit suspicious of MJ by the third movie? I mean every time a super villain pops up in New York they end up kidnapping her.

Not necessarily. Her lovelife isn't a matter of public record, and there are other reasonably plausible explanations:
Spider-Man could have a crush on her and one of these guys (most likely the Goblin) has figured it out.
Ock and Venom could've grabbed her to get to Spidey because it worked for the Goblin.
She's a public figure and celebrity kidnappings get more attention.

Not necessarily. Her lovelife isn't a matter of public record

It doesn't have to be a matter of public record. Some investigation into her will reveal that.

Spider-Man could have a crush on her and one of these guys (most likely the Goblin) has figured it out.

Uh huh, and what would give anyone that impression? Spidey's love life is even more private than MJ's since he's got no identity lol.

Nothing could lead anyone to that far fetched conclusion.

Ock and Venom could've grabbed her to get to Spidey because it worked for the Goblin.

So Spidey would only come to save MJ and not any other innocent person that was kidnapped as bait?

Brilliant. What a hero.

She's a public figure and celebrity kidnappings get more attention.

Celebrity?

"The girl in the car is Mary Jane Watson. An actress recently seen in a brief stint on Broadway"

Oh yeah, she's famous alright lol.

Uh huh, and what would give anyone that impression? Spidey's love life is even more private than MJ's since he's got no identity lol.

Nothing could lead anyone to that far fetched conclusion.

"Let die the woman you LOVE?"-the Goblin said this in front of witnesses.

"Let die the woman you LOVE?"-the Goblin said this in front of witnesses.

What witnesses? You think the people on the bridge miles above or the screaming kids in the tram heard that?

Well if witnesses heard that, then I'm surprised TMZ never showed up to ask her questions.

Exactly. If it was public knowledge that Spider-Man loved MJ, she would get a lot of publicity for that.

I really dislike the cliche "hero gf gets kidnapped or ensnared by the villain"

It happened in Raimi's Spider-Man movies, both of Nolan's Batman movies, and Burton's Batman.

I really dislike the cliche "hero gf gets kidnapped or ensnared by the villain"

It happened in Raimi's Spider-Man movies, both of Nolan's Batman movies, and Burton's Batman.

But with Nolan's films, when Rachel was kidnapped, it MADE SENSE to the story without it having to fall into the cliche category. It wasn't just because the villain wanted to go after the hero's girlfriend.

But with Nolan's films, when Rachel was kidnapped, it MADE SENSE to the story without it having to fall into the cliche category. It wasn't just because the villain wanted to go after the hero's girlfriend.

Granted, this is quite true when I think about it.

Can we get through just ONE PAGE without a Nolan praise post?

Agreed. I think it's because he doesn't use it for the climax.

Can we get through just ONE PAGE without a Nolan praise post?

Well, someone criticized the Nolan Batman films, so I see no problem with a fan defending it because they disagree with the criticism.
I understand that many are tired of the "Nolan's Batman > Raimi's Spider-Man" posts in this thread, so where is the proper place to compare the Nolan Batman films and the Raimi Spider-Man films?

Only with Batman Begins it made sense

I watched the first movie this morning. If nothing else, the movie deserves praise for the editing. It's outstanding. Each fight scene is really easy to follow and has a really brisk sense of motion, particularly Peter's first fight at school. The fights are kinetic and fun. The montage where Peter draws potential Spider-Man suits blew my mind; a montage of somebody drawing pulses with energy and motivation, combining what's on Peter's mind with what he's drawing in a clever and graceful way.

The co-editor of this movie, Bob Murawski, won an Oscar for his work on The Hurt Locker last year. He thanked Sam Raimi in his acceptance speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"