Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

I would have been super-excited for an unrestricted Raimi SM4. Also would have loved to see how SM3 could have been without any outside interference.

So, given that Sam Raimi is most likely going to direct Doctor Strange: Multiverse Of Madness and that it will entail going through several different dimensions and finding alternate versions of the MCU characters... do any of you guys think a Tobey Maguire appearance is in any way feasible?

I'm not optimistic about it (but I can't help but think on the what-ifs), but I'm curious to know what you think.

We haven't been this close to a Spider-Man 4 since 2009:hehe:

I think Raimi doing a Marvel multiverse movie makes it impossible to not have hope and a expectation of seeing his Spider-Man make an appearance. There's a ton of theories and possibilities of how it can be done.

Marvel and Sony are still working together, so I think it's very possible. And I think Feige may have used that as a selling point to him. We'll see what happens.

All I know right now is if I see a portal open and the Danny Elfman music kicks in, I AM GOING TO LOSE IT:D

Ah, what I wouldn't give to hear the Danny Elfman theme on the big screen again.

Reactions: CJ
I remember reading somewhere Kevin Feige wanted to fit Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker into the MCU very early on/try to make those films part of the canon, like I wanna say maybe a cameo in The Incredible Hulk at ESU. We know Kevin Feige is a big fan of those movies (he personally cited SM2 as one of the finest superhero movies ever made), aside from helping produce. Heck, they even already brought JK Simmons back as the MCU JJJ.

I do think it's incredibly cool Sam's getting another shot at a superhero movie, the other Lee/Ditko creation to boot. Crazy how there's the Doctor Strange nod in SM2 and now this happens. Maybe Raimiverse Doctor Strange is MCU Doctor Strange?

I think it seems like a no-brainer given the premise of the movie and Sam's involvement to fit a nod to his Spidey movies in there somehow at the very least. I think if they included Tobey's Spidey in the marketing that would be a huge boost for the film right there in generating buzz maybe even similar to the excitement from the GA for Spidey's debut in the Civil War trailer.

I don't know if it would be possible to include appearances from other past Marvel movies/live action TV shows (they do own all the Fox movies now, so...), but given the relationship with Sony currently that should be something easy to work out/maybe it's something they've already discussed with each other. I mean Sony was considering talking/maybe even did talk to Sam about returning after the ASM movie franchise fell apart. I think it's more than a pipe dream with this as there is palpable nostalgia for these movies in particular of all the pre-MCU movies, plus boss Feige is a fan of them and now has Sam.

Last edited:
My dear friends, I think you might be raising your hopes a little too high. The most you might get is a passing reference of a fast sliding away shot in a torrent of shots of alternate realities. Or maybe Tobey might get a cameo smaller than Sam's brother Ted or his best bud Bruce.

Why should there be any reason to bring in an outsider Spider-Man into the folds of MCU? There is no valid reason I can think of for that.

We haven't been this close to a Spider-Man 4 since 2009:hehe:

I think Raimi doing a Marvel multiverse movie makes it impossible to not have hope and a expectation of seeing his Spider-Man make an appearance. There's a ton of theories and possibilities of how it can be done.

Marvel and Sony are still working together, so I think it's very possible. And I think Feige may have used that as a selling point to him. We'll see what happens.

All I know right now is if I see a portal open and the Danny Elfman music kicks in, I AM GOING TO LOSE IT:D
I'd faint if that happens. like seriously, I'd cry.

Why should there be any reason to bring in an outsider Spider-Man into the folds of MCU? There is no valid reason I can think of for that.
Because they can, and also fanservice.

Plus there wouldn't be any harm done in having a Tobey Maguire cameo in an MCU movie that involves various dimensions and alternate characters.

Because they can, and also fanservice.

Plus there wouldn't be any harm done in having a Tobey Maguire cameo in an MCU movie that involves various dimensions and alternate characters.
I'm sticking to not raising expectations.

If a cameo does happen though, do you suppose it could take place after demolishing Mr. Ditkovic's building?

Only after he becomes Hobgoblin to get revenge on Peter for never paying his rent. :o

If a cameo does happen though, do you suppose it could take place after demolishing Mr. Ditkovic's building?

lrWZrBX.png

My dear friends, I think you might be raising your hopes a little too high. The most you might get is a passing reference of a fast sliding away shot in a torrent of shots of alternate realities. Or maybe Tobey might get a cameo smaller than Sam's brother Ted or his best bud Bruce.

I think a cameo is all ya need for a Marvel multiverse movie. Anything else would be a big bonus. Just a cameo would get people freaking out. He doesn't have to stay in the fold, per say- just even an acknowledgement.

Heck, maybe it could be a viable way to set up a live-action Spider-Verse movie. Here's some straight up dumb tinfoil hat speculation: DS2 comes out next year, 2 months later the 3rd (SM3...2) Spidey movie comes out. What if it's Tobey and Tom teaming up to sort out the secret identity problem?

Don't y'all read RaimiMemes Reddit? Ditkovich was Kraven The Hunter:cwink:
He has eyes like a rodent, that was clearly a hint that he's Vermin. :word:

tumblr_ph7uhqzH1l1r082vzo2_500.gifv

I think a cameo is all ya need for a Marvel multiverse movie. Anything else would be a big bonus. Just a cameo would get people freaking out. He doesn't have to stay in the fold, per say- just even an acknowledgement.

Heck, maybe it could be a viable way to set up a live-action Spider-Verse movie. Here's some straight up dumb tinfoil hat speculation: DS2 comes out next year, 2 months later the 3rd (SM3...2) Spidey movie comes out. What if it's Tobey and Tom teaming up to sort out the secret identity problem?
Lucky for Tobey, his Peter face is not publicly known in the MCU.

Don't give me hope, dawg. :csad:

that'd give me a heart attack in the best way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"