Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

^ Its not radically different to the one we got.

I don't know if anyone else had noticed,but when you look up Spider-man 3 reviews on youtube,you see a lot more positive reviews and people have really pointed out many hidden themes the movie holds. I get that some may not like it and I know the movie has flaws,but I've never gotten the opinion of the movie being "one of the worst films ever." But it's nice to see it getting some of that long overdue love. :yay:

'Spider-Man 3': Alfred Molina Returning as Doctor Octopus | Hollywood Reporter

Fellow Raimi fans we are going to be seeing Alfred Molina's Doc Ock again. Can you believe it? Did you ever think such a day would come? The best Spidey villain of the movies by a long shot making a return 16 years later. It looks like we are inches away from hearing Maguire and Dunst will be back, too.

Its like some crazy beautiful dream.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Many will come to praise the spot on casting choices, particularly Doc Oc. and JJJ

I think most everyone here knows what a massive fan I am of the trilogy I'm SO excited about this...but also a bit worried. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic. I just don't want all these appearances by the trilogy cast to be nothing more than glorified cameos.

I still stand by SM3 being a good movie. It has some scenes that are memes at this point and tonally it's a bit more over the place than the first 2, but it has some really great stuff in it too. Sandman is great, the music is still top tier and there's great stuff in it.

Even when Sam Raimi is fighting the producers and trying to make a movie as good as it can be while having to cater to the studio he still makes a more interesting movie than some more recent superhero movies.

Going to be painful for me, but I'm withholding watching any of the Spider-Man movies until next December so I can have a full-on marathon before seeing MCU's SM3.

'Spider-Man 3': Alfred Molina Returning as Doctor Octopus | Hollywood Reporter

Fellow Raimi fans we are going to be seeing Alfred Molina's Doc Ock again. Can you believe it? Did you ever think such a day would come? The best Spidey villain of the movie by a long shot making a return 16 years later. It looks like we are inches away from hearing Maguire and Dunst will be back, too.

Its like some crazy beautiful dream.

giphy.gif
Yeah, he’s definitely the best. It’s amazing we are getting him, Maguire and Dunst back after all this time.

I don't know if I agree with SM3 being a good movie, but it's an entertaining and fun movie. The memes in it are priceless.
Even disregarding memes, it's got some great emotional moments in it as well. A couple that come to mind are when Spidey arrives to the final fight and runs in front of the American flag. I'm a sucker for that stuff. Also Harry's sacrifice and the music that plays during his death.

Love SM & SM 2 though. SM2 is damn near a masterpiece and a film I watch many times a year.

All this also means is they're going to produce brand new merchandise on the series. I'm looking forward to that.

All this also means is they're going to produce brand new merchandise on the series. I'm looking forward to that.
If there was any doubt, that could be another factor pushing towards it all happening. So many new merchandising options (and thereby cash) with everyone thrown in together like this.

I could always go for more Raimi trilogy figures and statues.
I've actually been searching for this one for years,but haven't seen it anywhere. I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on this piece?

spider_x_doc.jpg

Last edited:
Spider-Man still holds up, in my opinion--it's just timeless. I just watched last night with all the latest news/rumors, and you can take the script, shoot it today, and it'd still play well. Spider-Man 2 less so, but its the performances & chemistry between the cast (and success of the first film) that really pulls that one together.

Unfortunately, the marathon really does fall apart with Spider-Man 3. And you can almost immediately tell. The movie has shades of greatness--and I don't think its issue is Venom, or even Topher Grace--it just doesn't hit the heights anywhere near as high as its predecessors.

I've really never had a problem with Topher as Eddie/Venom. He seems to get a lot of hate. I can get behind Raimi wanting to make him Peter's evil doppleganger,but I think the fault lies with the writing of the character,not with Topher himself. I would however blame him for not speaking up on certain things. If he was the massive Venom fan he said he was,he should've told Sam,the writers or someone his feelings on what would make the character work. At the very least someone on set should've asked,"Um hey guys. Why isn't Venom calling himself "we?"

Topher Grace's version was more in-line with the Ultimate comics which isn't a bad thing, but yeah, he's still not exactly what I would call a good character.

I'm still under the opinion that they didn't need Sandman in this movie. Harry and Venom should've been the only villains. Or at least ending the film with Venom on a cliffhanger. I know that originally Sam wanted Vulture,but if the theme of the movie is vengence/forgiveness I think the symbiote/Venom would fit perfectly.

The problem is Sam Raimi didn't even like Venom to begin with. Having only Sandman and Harry as the villains would still convey those themes quite well imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"