Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

Not saying you're wrong,but over the years I've heard so many rumors on that. I've heard...
-Sam just didn't know that character and was hesitant about including him.
-Sam hated the character...at first. But he grew to like him as the movie went on.
-The studio spread rumors that Sam hated Venom so that people wouldn't guess that he'd be in the movie.

Last edited:
Raimi's take on Doctor Strange more than likely means we will get a Bruce Campbell cameo in that movie, and hopefully we will get one of him talking to Holland's Spidey.
And news of all the returning cast members and the fun speculations and facetious requests we're having at the Superhero Cinematic Civil War of who we want to see return made me want to watch this trilogy again, so I'll try to squeeze the time for it again before the year ends.

And personally, I love Spider-Man 3 as it is warts and all, and wouldn't mind seeing Topher Grace return in some capacity. "WHOA, HE STOLE THAT GUY'S PIZZA" might return so why not imagine having more of the minor cast returning? Like the kids who said "Yes Mr. Spider-Man", elevator guy, Robin Williams lookalike who almost had a slice of pizza, the guy who appeared in both Spider-Man 1 "You hit one of us, you hit all of us" and in Spider-Man 2 by the burning building telling Peter to not endanger himself by running into the fire with a "HEY".

I know this is probably a very false hope,but I really feel like Raimi and co. could still return for a Spider-man 4,despite how old some of the actors are. I mean,just because there have been several versions of the character since Spider-man 3 doesn't mean they can't pick up that series again. I look at Star Wars and how they could somehow CGI a younger Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher into a film,and how older TV shows like X-Files and Roseanne can make successful comebacks in the realm of media. It really makes you feel that anything is possible. Plus,if the rumors are true of Tobey and Kirsten coming back then that could really drum interest again. I mean,even if they wanted to do an animated Spider-man 4 will Tobey and co. doing a voice over,I would go for that.

Eh, I'm still not hopeful that will ever happen. Honestly the possibility of concrete closure with their characters in MCU's SM3 is more than I could have hoped for.

Eh, I'm still not hopeful that will ever happen. Honestly the possibility of concrete closure with their characters in MCU's SM3 is more than I could have hoped for.
I know you're right,but I still hope a tiny bit of hope. All I need is an hour to sit with Sam Raimi to convince him. lol

I know this is probably a very false hope,but I really feel like Raimi and co. could still return for a Spider-man 4,despite how old some of the actors are. I mean,just because there have been several versions of the character since Spider-man 3 doesn't mean they can't pick up that series again. I look at Star Wars and how they could somehow CGI a younger Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher into a film,and how older TV shows like X-Files and Roseanne can make successful comebacks in the realm of media. It really makes you feel that anything is possible. Plus,if the rumors are true of Tobey and Kirsten coming back then that could really drum interest again. I mean,even if they wanted to do an animated Spider-man 4 will Tobey and co. doing a voice over,I would go for that.
Yeah, I know it's probably super unlikely but I don't think it's impossible anymore. Remember one of Sony's scrambling ideas around 2014 was potentially asking Raimi to return to a Spidey movie. Now the film industry and the superhero genre is in an entirely different place, not to mention Sony working with Marvel (and rumors saying it's likely to continue further), and Raimi is back in the fold working with Marvel that pretty much anything seems possible anymore. The fact that we're gonna get to see these characters again is amazing, but you never know if they might be wanting to end up doing more with them in the near-future now too.

That dude makes a lot of hypothetical trailers like that. Definitely recommend checking more of his stuff. :up:

Rewatched all 3 films again the other day. Spider-Man 3 is still very underrated to me. It's good, just not as amazing as the first 2. And I still think Spider-Man 3 is better than all the live action ones that have released since.

It still feels like a dream that we'll be seeing these characters again. it's gonna be hard for me to hold back on choking up when Maguire shows up haha.

I feel that with Spider-man 3,it took a few years for a lot of people to get over the "shock" of what they saw. Having Peter dancing,little to no Venom,Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer;etc,etc. It really wasn't what they were expecting,or what they wanted. I mean,I loved the film when I saw it and still do today,but not only was I disappointed with the amount of development and screentime Venom recieved,I also wanted a more badass and creepy black suit storyline. But once most settled down and took time to really watch the movie again they saw it wasn't as bad as they had thought. Just go on youtube and there are so many great videos on the movie and how it contains all these hidden and deeply meaningful character studies. Again,I get that some may,and always will be disappointed with it,I don't get the utter hate for it. I mean,the HATE some people have is ridiculous.

As someone who likes Spider-Man 3, the bad unfortunately outweighs the good which I think is the reason why people who dislike it are so harsh on the movie and don't particularly acknowledge the good moments.

As I said, I still think Spider-Man 3 is good, but the biggest problem with it overall, and it what makes it fall below the greatness of the first 2 is that it's such a studio film. Like you can tell tons of people really messed up Raimis vision.

Speaking of Spider-Man 3 though:

With how this scene has aged, it's all the more prophetic now.

I always liked SM3 but for me it's always had an air of bittersweet about it. Anybody else feel the same? I think for me it's mostly because it's not as good as the first two and it would be the last time we'd see those characters with SM4's cancellation... but now- now we're going to see them all again so it wasn't the last time. :)

As someone who likes Spider-Man 3, the bad unfortunately outweighs the good which I think is the reason why people who dislike it are so harsh on the movie and don't particularly acknowledge the good moments.
I have to disagree with you on that one. At least,in my view the good far outweigh the bad. But like I've said,I can see why some may not like it.

I've been re-listening to this song a lot lately and man, does it take me back to 2004. I remember that my older cousin had the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack on his computer and I would listen to this song constantly, sometimes whilst playing GTA San Andreas. :funny:

My favorite tracks from the trilogy are Hold On by Jet, Move Away by The Killers and Meant To Live by Switchfoot.

Of course I love Hero and Vindicated too:yay:

The Spider-man 2 soundtrack is still my all time favorite album ever. The songs really fit the movie so well. "Ordinary" is my favorite and one of my all time favorites. If only I could go back in time and relive those years(2002-2007). Great times.

My favorite tracks from the trilogy are Hold On by Jet, Move Away by The Killers and Meant To Live by Switchfoot.

Of course I love Hero and Vindicated too:yay:
I love all those too. I have to throw in Signal fire as well from part 3.

Speaking of Spider-Man 3 though:

With how this scene has aged, it's all the more prophetic now.

AlertUnlawfulArgali-size_restricted.gif

EDIT: I decided to watch the entire trilogy today and I'm halfway through it, I'm a few minutes away of Aunt May's speech.

If anyone wishes for an avatar from this trilogy, especially J. K. Jameson, Mr. Ditkovitc, Bruce Campbell, and Hoffman variety, I will be ready to fulfill your requests anytime you'd like.
Offer starts today and will last 10 days after.

Last edited:
The line,"Find him. Or I'll peel the flesh off her bones." is still a line that sticks with me. What an incredibly dark,but cool line from a Spider-man movie and Molina really sells it.

He managed to both be funny and intimidating when the time called for it. One of the reasons why his performance is one of the best in any comic book movie.

He managed to both be funny and intimidating when the time called for it. One of the reasons why his performance is one of the best in any comic book movie.
It's thrilling he's getting to play the character again, excited to to see what it entails. Hopefully he isn't wasted because you don't mess around with Molina as Doc Ock!

As I said, I still think Spider-Man 3 is good, but the biggest problem with it overall, and it what makes it fall below the greatness of the first 2 is that it's such a studio film. Like you can tell tons of people really messed up Raimis vision.

A lot of what people dislike actually was (from) Raimi's vision, though.

I actually like Spider-Man 3 more than 1, that one I felt went too far with the humor in a few too many scenes (3 mostly just the dance scenes) and I thought the protagonists were overall more likeable in 3.

Last edited:
That dude makes a lot of hypothetical trailers like that. Definitely recommend checking more of his stuff. :up:

Big Agreed! Man I felt sorry for theentitylair since his whole entire community is requesting and asking more stuff other than supporting him and giving him some positivity and unique criticism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"