Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

And let Spider-Man's identity as Peter Parker known by "just a girl in his class"?

I'm not a fan of that idea.

And let Spider-Man's identity as Peter Parker known by "just a girl in his class"?

I'm not a fan of that idea.

That wouldn't bother me really. She's a friend, a good person, can be trusted to keep that secret.

That wouldn't bother me really. She's a friend, a good person, can be trusted to keep that secret.
We don't know enough about her to trust her, but I bet she's more trustworthy than all the villains who know.

Rare Spider-Man 3 poster.

Reminds me of the cover for the PS1 game, the first movie poster, and the cover for Ultimate Spider-Man issue 2 (I think that's the number). I love this kind of posters.

I don't think the Flat Iron building exists in either one of the [PROTOTYPE] games, I've replayed both fairly recently and seriously don't remember seeing it.

I can say this looks really really fun, could have been something pleasantly special.

They were planning on including Hobgoblin in the SM4 game, huh? The Spidey line mentions Hobgoblin crashing into the Times Square jumbotron. That's cool. Ages ago I saw some footage from an animator for the SM4 game that had Spidey on street level facing off against what looked to be a giant Octobot, so I think they might have been planning on including Carolyn Trainer Ock in the game as well.

With NWH on the horizon, am I the only nerd here waiting to see some new Raimi-verse action figures? The Marvel Legends figures released a few X-Men movie characters for the 20th anniversary, so I'm hoping Spidey might get similar attention next year.

^Legends did do a Raimi-verse wave way, way back in '07, with powered-up Sandman as the BAF. Could they just re-issue those? Or would they do the whole gang over again?

^Legends did do a Raimi-verse wave way, way back in '07, with powered-up Sandman as the BAF. Could they just re-issue those? Or would they do the whole gang over again?

I'd hope for some new sculpts, but we'll have to wait and see for now. The MCU keeps them very busy these days, hope they can squeeze some classic characters in.

They definitely wouldn't just reissue stuff cause they've got improved tools and tech to make these since then, Hasbro's Legends toys have come a long way from starting with production growing pains to generally looking pretty slick these days.

A lot of those Legends Raimi figures that weren't the janky early Hasbro molds were just repaints of SM1 and SM2 Toybiz figures too anyway so we're for sure due some new Raimi Spidey figures be it for the No Way Home villain designs eventually and hopefully anniversary sets for the Raimi movie. A few years ago Hasbro did a bunch of X-Men movie Legends figures that looked great.

I'm sure that there'll be No Way Home Marvel Legends figures of Doc Ock, Goblin, etc. at some point but it is worth noting that those Toy Biz Spider-Man movie figures were basically Marvel Legends caliber already, especially the ones released for Spider-Man 2.

a3a5e0fdd5724c8287da1a98bcc46f92lg.jpg

cfd35049-eed3-4b89-bf4a-8c796e261eb5_1.6c5f2272cef2ad851eed3f34663c961e.jpeg

41Z352VVAXL._AC_SY355_.jpg

There really isn't a whole lot of room for improvement even after almost 20 years but it would still be awesome to see updated sculpts. Maybe all-new versions of Sandman, Venom and Black Suit Spider-Man too since those Spider-Man 3 Marvel Legends figures that Hasbro did back in 2007 weren't really up to par. That was when they were still in their transitional period after they picked up the Marvel license before the sculpts improved.

One of those guys on Twitter pointed out a discrepancy from material in the original version vs. the film's version of Venom's death- the piece of dark metal piece that Peter grabs and smacks Venom with is very clearly not the same in the next shot where the Venom death sequence begins- it becomes a grey metal pole. I think this stuff is legit or at least I'd like it to be, I'd heard before Venom was meant to get impaled on that dark metal piece right then and there and this stuff lines up pretty well. I wish we could see the deleted stuff in its full glory, the editors cut of SM3 didn't do it for me.

Last edited:
One of those guys on Twitter pointed out a discrepancy from material in the original version vs. the film's version of Venom's death- the piece of dark metal piece that Peter grabs and smacks Venom with is very clearly not the same in the next shot where the Venom death sequence begins- it becomes a grey metal pole. I think this stuff is legit or at least I'd like it to be, I'd heard before Venom was meant to get impaled on that dark metal piece right then and there and this stuff lines up pretty well. I wish we could see the deleted stuff in its full glory, the editors cut of SM3 didn't do it for me.
That's how it was in the novelization. While I did like the Editor's Cut more than the Theatrical Version, I would be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed in it. Wouldn't surprise me if Sony didn't like it either considering they didn't bother promoting the thing

I'm sure that there'll be No Way Home Marvel Legends figures of Doc Ock, Goblin, etc. at some point but it is worth noting that those Toy Biz Spider-Man movie figures were basically Marvel Legends caliber already, especially the ones released for Spider-Man 2.

a3a5e0fdd5724c8287da1a98bcc46f92lg.jpg

cfd35049-eed3-4b89-bf4a-8c796e261eb5_1.6c5f2272cef2ad851eed3f34663c961e.jpeg

41Z352VVAXL._AC_SY355_.jpg

There really isn't a whole lot of room for improvement even after almost 20 years but it would still be awesome to see updated sculpts. Maybe all-new versions of Sandman, Venom and Black Suit Spider-Man too since those Spider-Man 3 Marvel Legends figures that Hasbro did back in 2007 weren't really up to par. That was when they were still in their transitional period after they picked up the Marvel license before the sculpts improved.
I had that Green Goblin and Doc Ock figure. Also this Spider-Man figure from the first movie:
Grand_Spider-Man_Series1_300x.jpg

Toy Biz were a cool company. It's a shame they died, they were making great toys which is why so many of them still hold up today.

Apparently a guy who seen an earlier cut of Spider-Man 3 during the test screening leak a couple shots and Sony took them down. One of the photos was Venom in the process of peeling back it's face to reveal Eddie's skull.

I'm gonna veer toward BS on this one. The only clear, and clearly legit shot is that one of Tobey with the symbiote pulling at his face, which has been around for some time.

Toy Biz were a cool company. It's a shame they died, they were making great toys which is why so many of them still hold up today.
Their Marvel Legends and Lord of the Rings lines were outstanding. It took Hasbro a good while to achieve that same gold standard they had with their own Marvel Legends after they acquired the license.

I'm gonna veer toward BS on this one. The only clear, and clearly legit shot is that one of Tobey with the symbiote pulling at his face, which has been around for some time.
But Sony put out a copyright claim on the original video with those photos. Can’t really say it was due to the one with Tobey’s face because that’s been online forever.

Venom gets impaled in Spider-Man 3 game.

After examining the video more. That Tobey shot in the video is slightly different. In the one we are used to, Tobey is looking straight ahead but in that leaked video, he’s looking to his right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"