Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

Its so funny that there is a Spider-Man 3 poster in The Dark Knight. I checked the 4K version and you can see it well.

DU8LupSRhHHnUYqP7BLuvblPE05gCqI-J_NRpsjblH0.jpg

upload_2021-9-25_17-55-5.png
Is it just me or does this looks like the same Lizard Model that was used from the Spider-Man 2 e3 trailer but with a bit of changes.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the name of the artist who did the poster artwork for the Raimi trilogy? His/her work has never been matched since Sony rebooted the franchise with Garfield and Holland.

Is it just me, or was Tobey the only one to give two distinguishable performances between Spidey and Peter? He's one of the few CBM actors who does that, and I think secret identity thing has that extra flair to it that pushes some costumed actors to push further.

Whether you think of film or live action TV; George Reeves, Adam West (and Burt Ward), Christopher Reeve, Michael Keaton, Tobey Maguire, Christian Bale, and Brandon Routh are the only ones to really stand out as actors who make the secret identity work and make you feel they took this bit to its fullest.

Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland may have tried to make them different, but Tom more notably than Andrew, but both masked and unmasked they feel like they're performing the same way. Adam West may have not changed his tone between when he's in or out of costume, but when he performed as Bruce he didn't behave the same way as Batman.

Does anyone know the name of the artist who did the poster artwork for the Raimi trilogy? His/her work has never been matched since Sony rebooted the franchise with Garfield and Holland.
I never followed news on poster designers, so no clue. I think the first Amazing Spider-Man movie has some good posters, sure they don't live up to stuff like Tobey on top of a tower looking at the disastrous result of Octavius's work, Spider-Man with a black suit reflection, and most of the others, but the poster of him looking down the streets is as good as that of Spidey from 2002 crawling upwards and looking at the audience.

Every other movie after that has mostly unremarkable posters, but I like the Far From Home one of Spidey in a yoyo/rapple position under a bridge in Venice reading a guide.

There was some non-Venom stuff that was pretty rough. Obviously the whole Sandman being Uncle Ben’s killer thing.

I also disliked that a lot.

I also really hated Harry being evil, losing his memory and becoming good, randomly getting his memory back and being evil again, then finally being good again in the end.

I think that worked as at least a guilty pleasure, sure weird and contrived but the parts individually worked really well and well enough together. Sure amnesia is contrived but better than just 2 hours of him only being evil or only being evil until the very end.

by having Harry lose his memories of hating Spider-Man it reminds the audience of the kind person that Harry originally was.

Yes I thought, still think, that was a nice surprise.

I also think that Mary Jane had to be kidnapped in order for the plot to work. Peter, and Harry were so divided that the one thing that they both could agree on is that they both care about MJ.

Yes it was repetitive but it worked in all 3 times. And it was almost more the fault of 2 doing it back-to-back and thus making critics inclined to dislike it ever being done again (though in 2 it really worked).

Harry's amnesia is pure soap opera but that is comic acurate. I understand why you'd dislike it for sure but I find it tonally consistent in the films that had Harry arguing with the ghost of his evil father before taking the serum that makes him crazy.

The amnesia thing was a bit contrived. I think if the movie wasn't so jam packed, that wouldn't have happened.

Sometimes I think Harry should have been the only villain in that movie. If not as the Green Goblin, the Hobgoblin if you want to switch things up. Those first two movies were so successful because of the focus on the relationships and the less characters served that better. The build up to Harry in the first two movies, culminating in a whole movie was earned and would have been a great way to end the trilogy. It made sense in the end Peter has to face off against his best friend.

Harry's amnesia is pure soap opera but that is comic acurate. I understand why you'd dislike it for sure but I find it tonally consistent in the films that had Harry arguing with the ghost of his evil father before taking the serum that makes him crazy.
It being comic accurate is part of the reason I enjoy it, I always find the Green Goblin amnesia an interesting mechanic for the character's dynamic, more so to Norman than for Harry.

A bigger reason for me to enjoy it is how James Franco played it, the bit with the basketball and Peter's frightened look looking at where he placed the body of Norman while Harry is reminiscing his father is one of my favorite Spider-Man moments on film.

I know there have been plenty of complaints about seeing Peter's face too often while in the costume with every Spider-Man incarnation but that battle-damaged look at the end of the first film was badass.

I never got that. Look at other superhero movies since the Raimi films. You just need to see the actor's face. Covering it up in the emotional climax doesn't really help things. It's not like Batman where there's part of the face showing.

Sometimes I think Harry should have been the only villain in that movie. If not as the Green Goblin, the Hobgoblin if you want to switch things up.

I think part of why Harry Goblin wasn't the only villain was all the criticism of the Goblin costume and then praise that it was better to be able to see Dr. Octopus's face.

I wonder how many scenes were shot for the first movie that were cut? I know the Eddie Brock scene. Would be interesting to get extended version.

That's great! Hopefully they do an SM2 one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"