Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

That Doc Ock hospital scene was pure terror. Raimi choosing not to use any music during it made it even scarier.

I didn't catch the absence of music in the theater. It wasn't until I got the DVD that I realized that there was nothing playing in the background until Otto raised his head from the operating table. There wasn't a need for it, which speaks volumes.

170947_164445576935347_3164121_o.jpg
Found this ancient fan art from Facebook .
Anyone recognized the artist?

Last edited:
I actually like the cover art on the fullscreen DVD of the first film much, much more than the widescreen version, though I only have the widescreen version wish that alternate had been used as, for the main cover. Web-swinging looks much cooler than crawling.

1706930202609.png

Just seen one of my local movie theater chains is re-releasing the trilogy in April! I'm so ecstatic to see these on the big screen again!

Also the TASM & MCU ones in May & June. Not sure if it's going to be a wide re-release thing or not yet.

The box office numbers on the re-release next month may be the do-or-die determining factor.
I was just about to say this. I remember back during the MoM press tour Raimi had said he'd love to do a fourth but quickly shot down whether it was actually happening. Seems like he's a bit more optimistic here, so maybe something is going on (maybe in relation to Secret Wars that's opening the door). Either way, there is a demand there for it, and there's reports that the MCU will not be abandoning the multiverse stuff after Secret Wars. Very curious what type of story Raimi would tell given the time that has passed. It'd probably be a whole new idea, with the events of NWH now canon as well. I actually think there's a potentially powerful story there due to the passage of time.

I'd also really want everybody back, and not just the cast. Danny Elfman has gotta return.

Last edited:
Well we know from the Sony leaks, Sony was actively having talks with Raimi about returning after ASM2 didn't live up to expectations. So it's possible that could be happening again due to both renewed interest after NWH and the spinoffs not doing great. But how likely would that happen? I dunno, gonna keep expectations in check for now. Would love for this to happen though.

MTTSH is no longer credible though. Only way Raimi could direct Tobey again is if they both return for Secret Wars.

Also, let's think about this for a second. Would Feige really allow Sony and Raimi to make a second fourth installment of a Spider-Man franchise conflicting with the upcoming MCU one? I don't think so. Plus it would just confuse the general audience.

The box office numbers on the re-release next month may be the do-or-die determining factor.
If that's the case then I hope that they know to curb expectations about box office returns for movies that are readily available on streaming. Personally I'd have thought the overwhelmingly positive response to No Way Home would have been enough. There's also the obvious truth that a Raimi-directed Spider-Man 4 with Tobey would be something that audiences want way more than Morbius, Madame Web or Kraven the Hunter.

My body is ready for Felicia Hardy, Vultress! :o

My body is ready for Felicia Hardy, Vultress! :o
That was the rumors at the time but Raimi later clarified that Felcia was going to be Black Cat. And last year in the Reign of Marvel Studios book it revealed that Felica Hardy/Black Cat and Vultress were going to be 2 separate characters (played by Anne Hathaway and Angelina Jolie).

That was the rumors at the time but Raimi later clarified that Felcia was going to be Black Cat. And last year in the Reign of Marvel Studios book it revealed that Felica Hardy/Black Cat and Vultress were going to be 2 separate characters (played by Anne Hathaway and Angelina Jolie).
:blackcat:

Black Cat is way overdue for a live-action debut (don't really count Felicia in TASM 2 because they did nothing with her).
I always forget that Felicia was not only in TASM2 but also that she was played by Felicity Jones.

I always forget that Felicia was not only in TASM2 but also that she was played by Felicity Jones.
Wasted potential right there.

I'd love to see what Raimi could do with that character. Wasn't there concept art of black cat for when she was gonna be in S-M2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"