Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

That ending sounded very bold, and it reminds me of The Dark Knight Rises, which is ironic considering the movie was gonna be out a whole year before that movie. I think it's an ending that could've worked and would be a nice capper on Raimi's version. I also think there's still a lot Raimi wasn't decided on. in recent years he made it quite clear that Felecia Hardy, played by Anne Hathaway, would become the Black Cat and that Jolie would be Vultures daughter. Some drafts mixed the two together, but he's cleared that up recently.

Last edited:
I highly doubt Spider-Man 4 is happening. I very much am willing to bet large sums of money that Marvel Studios has a non-compete clause in the deal preventing another Spider-Man live action film being made while they co-production deal is in place with Marvel Studios. I don't know that for sure, but it's more than likely why Sony is doing garbage like Madame Web and not pivoting towards SM4 or TASM3 or another live action Spider-Man of some kind

I could see Sony re-assessing their Spidey plans and pivoting towards the multiverse...leave it to Sony to be way behind on trends.

You could conceivably get a Spider-Man 4 together by 2027, in time for Secret Wars.

I would personally love to see a sequel with Tobey and Kirsten. Call it Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

Again, I highly doubt Feige would allow a Raimi Spider-Man 4 to happen when he's currently trying to get a MCU Spider-Man 4 off the ground. It's not going to happen no matter how much we'd want it to.

I highly doubt Spider-Man 4 is happening. I very much am willing to bet large sums of money that Marvel Studios has a non-compete clause in the deal preventing another Spider-Man live action film being made while they co-production deal is in place with Marvel Studios. I don't know that for sure, but it's more than likely why Sony is doing garbage like Madame Web and not pivoting towards SM4 or TASM3 or another live action Spider-Man of some kind

You figure after the phenomenal success of NWH, that Sony and Marvel would quickly renegotiate the contract to allow MS to produce a Raimi SM-4 and/or TASM3 (Sony would just put up the money and let Feige make it for them) while keeping the Holland series open. Those would be financial slam dunks for Sony instead of MORBIUS and MADAME WEB.

If Sam Raimi had a story pitch for SM-4 and Feige wanted it, Sony and Marvel would fast track that lickety split. I guarantee a Marvel-produced SM-4 with Raimi and Maguire would rake in the dough.

But I highly doubt Feige would be interested. Again, he wants folks to focus on MCU Spidey and nothing deviating from that on the live-action front.

Stop making sense!

But, seriously, although it’s far from a guarantee, stranger things have happened…especially if Sony wants Maguire and Garfield to return, as rumored.

Feige could try to split the difference and push for a street-level MCU Spidey and let Sony double-dip with another Spider-Man centric film. A peek at the another ongoing story within the multiverse is still within MCU’s narrative, especially if it’s just a one-off.

I feel the only realistic way we could see Tobey and Andrew again is in Secret Wars, but other than that I can't think of any conceivable way for them to return. Also, Sony isn't exactly known for making the smartest of decisions. :hehe:

But I highly doubt Feige would be interested. Again, he wants folks to focus on MCU Spidey and nothing deviating from that on the live-action front.

Ideally a Raimi SM-4 would wrap up the storyline established in that franchise while allowing Tobey to appear in Secret Wars (like an Avenger appearing in a mid or end credit scene).

Tom Rothman makes some of the dumbest decisions at a film studio. He greenlit X-Men Origins, Elektra, Daredevil, et al at Fox. Now he’s doing the same at Sony.

Keyword is ideally, yeah. But unfortunately it won't materialize even if Raimi is still interested in doing it.

You figure after the phenomenal success of NWH, that Sony and Marvel would quickly renegotiate the contract to allow MS to produce a Raimi SM-4 and/or TASM3 (Sony would just put up the money and let Feige make it for them) while keeping the Holland series open. Those would be financial slam dunks for Sony instead of MORBIUS and MADAME WEB.

If Sam Raimi had a story pitch for SM-4 and Feige wanted it, Sony and Marvel would fast track that lickety split. I guarantee a Marvel-produced SM-4 with Raimi and Maguire would rake in the dough.
The deal only exists as it does cause it benefits both parties. Disney does most of the work, Sony gets most of the money. Assuming that I am correct, which I think I am, Feige isn't going to produce 3 ongoing solo franchises, and why would Marvel Studios let Sony make these movies and make their Tom Holland ones less special and if Disney isnt making them for Sony, why would Sony want to pay Disney for doing nothing? Doesnt make sense either way. That's why no such deal is likely. SM4 or TASM3 probably only happen when the MS/Sony deal ends and Sony takes Spider-Man back for themselves

Yeah the truth is I don't see it happening. Would absolutely love it too though.

I don't think revisiting the plot idea for SM4 from 15 years ago is going to happen...

but, some type of a continued story of whats currently going on in this older Peter/Spider-man's life could be interesting

Now it kinda looks like Andrew's logo from TASM :hehe:

Screenshot_20240317_215305.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"