Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

Got my SM2 and SM 3 tickets! I was in Hall H at SDCC when they teased Venom.

As for SM 4, I know people are quickly dismissive of Sony and will jump on the MCU bandwagon. I still have have hope of course correction since Sony did release the best SM live action movies...despite their flaws and despite what they are doing.

I could see a Spidey 4 happening as a swansong, passing of the torch type of story with an older, married, and retired Tobey with a daughter. If Sony can't make Peter Parker movies and Marvel wants to continue making their MCU-centric Peter I think a compromise can be made.

I envision an older Peter teaching alongside Curt Connors with Miles and/or Cindy Moon as their students. You get a Lizard story with Peter warning him about the dangers of animal research.

Involve an established Kraven going to NY hunting for the mythical Spider and/or newly rampant Lizard (Aside from some cringey moments in the trailer, Kraven looks bad ass, Taylor is a great actor and under Raimi I'm sure he can do some course correction).

Miles/Cindy and Tobey working on a cure for Connor that ends up in them getting Spider powers and through some blood mixing science but also an antidote for the Lizard

Kraven beating Tobey burying close to death ala Last Hunt while Miles/Cindy trace the Lizard and deliver the serum. It doesn't work fully but allows Connor to control the Lizard and together they defeat Kraven.

Peter realizes he can no longer be Spider Man, ends with "this was my story" speech and final swing ft Miles or Cindy overlooking a an open window showing no other Mayday Parker.

Just spitballing ideas. Lizard and Peter go full circle, Peter gets his happy ending. It's a personal story of student/mentor the first two Raimi had. Brings two classic villains Raimi loves while also course correcting what Sony has been doing with its universe by connecting Kraven and you lay a foundation for where they move forward with a new Spider character Miles and/or Cindy.

But what I really want more is Scarlet Spider or Spider 2099, 2099 would be a breath of fresh air if Villanueva can direct

Denis would never direct a 2099 movie. He openly has said he won't do a sequel in a world he didn't build after Blade Runner 2049 flopped

I liked Raimi's trilogy in general, but I do feel that both Kirsten Dunst and Bryce Howard were treated as little more than sex objects at different times. In the first film, when MJ is caught by the thugs in the rainstorm, there's several moments where the camera is focused on her wet shirt...and all I'll say is that very little is left to the imagination. With Howard in the third film, at one point she's hanging from a crane, and the shot goes right down her top. I'm just like, "What's up with this? Do you honestly have nothing better to do with these women?"

How've I not seen a re-release around Portland? We have every other showing of any other old movie (or early release).

As always, fans of these movies that don't live in the US get the short end of the stick. Yay. :neutral:

Well X is full of theater reaction videos of audiences cheering and applauding for the Final Swing featured in SPIDER-MAN. Seems this re-release is doing well with the fans.

Well, I remember 22 years ago , opening day, the audience bursting in applause after the last frame.

So, it's nice to see that it still gets that same reaction a couple decades, and a generation , later.

Dang I completly fogot about this. Only 1 theater nearby playing Spider-Man 1 but if Im not too busy I can still catch Spider-Man 2 this week.

It was a very surreal experience seeing it in theaters giving that I was 13 when I saw the first film in theaters. It brought back great memories from that first screening back in 2002. All ready got my tickets for the other films but this one was special.

It kinda reverse for me in that X-Men was my Batman 89 and Spider-Man was my Superman The Movie.

It was a very surreal experience seeing it in theaters giving that I was 13 when I saw the first film in theaters. It brought back great memories from that first screening back in 2002. All ready got my tickets for the other films but this one was special.
I felt the same way. The last time I saw it on the big screen I was 10 years old seeing it on opening weekend. A lot has changed since then.

It kinda reverse for me in that X-Men was my Batman 89 and Spider-Man was my Superman The Movie.
Spider-Man was my Batman 89 in the sense of how much of a cultural event it was at the time. Spider-Man was absolutely everywhere in the lead up to that first film. There was Spider-Man Cereal, Spider-Man tie in’s in Kellogg’s boxes, Spider-Man Pop Tarts, Spider-Man Reebok’s, Spider-Man on candy bars, Spider-Man on Dr Pepper cans, Spider-Man at Cingular wireless, etc…. Not to mention the apparel that people were buying and all the toys. Also, I remember E! airing a documentary about the hype for the film, along with HBO’s first look of it, and the music video’s being on MTV all the time.

That opening weekend the lines for Spider-Man were insane. You needed to get to the theatre at least two hours early to get a good seat. Living through all that as a 10 year old was amazing.

Seriously, what I wouldn't give to see these movies on the big screen. I only managed to watch Spider-Man 2 in theaters back when I was a kid, so seeing the original and 3 on there would make child me very happy inside. But alas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"