Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

Seriously, what I wouldn't give to see these movies on the big screen. I only managed to watch Spider-Man 2 in theaters back when I was a kid, so seeing the original and 3 on there would make child me very happy inside. But alas.
I've only seen the 3. Hopefully they'll be back in theaters in UK too

So far it's only exclusive to some parts of the US unfortunately. European Spider-Man fans and other fans from around the word continue to get squat, rip.

Spider-Man was my Batman 89 in the sense of how much of a cultural event it was at the time. Spider-Man was absolutely everywhere in the lead up to that first film. There was Spider-Man Cereal, Spider-Man tie in’s in Kellogg’s boxes, Spider-Man Pop Tarts, Spider-Man Reebok’s, Spider-Man on candy bars, Spider-Man on Dr Pepper cans, Spider-Man at Cingular wireless, etc…. Not to mention the apparel that people were buying and all the toys. Also, I remember E! airing a documentary about the hype for the film, along with HBO’s first look of it, and the music video’s being on MTV all the time.

That opening weekend the lines for Spider-Man were insane. You needed to get to the theatre at least two hours early to get a good seat. Living through all that as a 10 year old was amazing.
Very true and I agree. I meant of its impact on me and how I feel about Superhero films comparing to Superman The Movie but there both in a league of there own to be honest. But yes the culture impact of Spider-Man was indeed massive in the lead up to and after the film’s release. Man that HBO First look takes me back lol.

They really needed to recoup their losses. :funny:

But I'm happy it's still making a profit which shows how much people love these movies. Hope you guys enjoy Spider-Man 2 and 3 in the coming weeks.

One element that I don’t think Raimi gets enough credit for is the sound design for his films. Watching the movie tonight and last night it was the first time I realized that the Goblin’s voice comes out of different channels in the surround sound when he’s talking to Norman.

It brings a smile to my face seeing so many people get to experience these movies on the big screen for the first time. Back when I saw it in theaters in 2002, I remember trying to recreate the final swing once I got out. And my brother and I were pretending to be Spidey and the Goblin. These moments live forever honestly. :spidey:

I would have gone to SM2 if the release had been wider. Nearest theater to me that has them is too far a drive relative to when wife gets home, when I would have to leave, and how long drive back is. But at least I can see Alien!

One element that I don’t think Raimi gets enough credit for is the sound design for his films. Watching the movie tonight and last night it was the first time I realized that the Goblin’s voice comes out of different channels in the surround sound when he’s talking to Norman.
And I loved that it was something that continued on through the sequels whenever Harry would hear Norman's voice. I remember seeing Spider-Man 2 on opening day and Spider-Man 3 at the midnight premiere and the audience went nuts hearing Dafoe again in both movies, especially 2.

I would have gone to SM2 if the release had been wider. Nearest theater to me that has them is too far a drive relative to when wife gets home, when I would have to leave, and how long drive back is. But at least I can see Alien!
Spidey 1&3 are the main ones I want to see. I’ve seen theatres do screenings for Spider-Man 2 since its release. As a matter of fact I saw it at a 10th Anniversary screening back in 2014.

However, I definitely know that seeing the third film in theaters is extremely rare due to its reputation. So I’m trying to take full advantage of the opportunity.

And I loved that it was something that continued on through the sequels whenever Harry would hear Norman's voice. I remember seeing Spider-Man 2 on opening day and Spider-Man 3 at the midnight premiere and the audience went nuts hearing Dafoe again in both movies, especially 2.
Yes, and there are other examples as well. The sound when Spider-Man is trying to save Gwen in the third film is amazing.

Just came out of Spider Man 2 and it was such a trip seeing it on the big screen once again. People's reaction was pretty wild as they reached to the classic lines, cheered and clapped at the end. It was the type of reaction expected from a midnight premiere but on a Monday 7pm o clock. So cool so wild. Much wow!

I know it gets a lot of flack and I might be in the minority but I totally get the MJ and Peter romance in these movies, it conveys the social awkwardness of the characters as opposed to the yeah, we are cool science nerd love story from the Andrew movies.

I love these movies so much!!!

You'd think I'm crazy but I think I saw Aunt Carnage in Spider Man mask during the swing.

Yeah I got out of my screening round 9 California time and yeah after all these years Spider-Man 2 is still a damn classic film and one of the gold standards for the Superhero genre. My crowd was pretty great as well laughing at the right moments and cheering and clapping at the end. I think it’s so awesome that Sony decided to do this and the fact that my theater was almost fully packed shows how many people love Spidey and these films.

As an australian I’m so jealous of everyone getting to watch these movies on the big screen again! I would give anything to be part of that, but i will be rewatching my 4k’s at home this week to deal with my fomo. I absolutely love this trilogy - they are magic to me and they’ve held up so well. This will always be my spider-man.

The response the Raimi re-releases have been getting online has been really cool to see. Just seeing nothing but love out there. Didn't make it to see the first film last week but hoping to sneak in a viewing of 2 this week.

I know the latest trend is to bash nostalgia, but how can you blame anyone for being nostalgic when that used to be the standard?

I also saw Spider-Man 2 last night and am hoping to see it one more time tonight. This movie has only gotten better with age. What gets me is how well the dramatic side of it is handled. That alone is enough to separate it from most films in the genre. That scene between Aunt May and Peter where he reveals what happened to Ben is a prime example of what I’m talking about. There’s no music or jokes in that scene. It’s almost something I’d expect to see in an Oscar bait film or an indie drama. Same thing when Peter is questioning what to do after finding out the person died in the fire. It’s amazing what can be achieved when you have a filmmaker that respects and loves the source material at the helm with full creative control.

Also, I know it’s been talked about at nauseum but that train sequence still stands as the best superhero fight I’ve seen on film.

I don't know about the rest of you but I can't wait to see those Spider-Man 3 audience reactions next week. I saw all three of the Raimi movies multiple times in theaters when they were originally released so I'm content with skipping out on these rereleases but I'm enjoying the theater reaction videos that have popped up so far.

The reactions have been bringing a huge smile to face. Theres one of people cheering as the Spider-Man 2 opening titles start. Brings me back to 2004 :weeping:
The big laughs during the freeze frame at the end of the "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" scene took me right back there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"