The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall that. I remember Nolan and Goyer trying to use Harvey Dent but they didn't like the story they had for him in the origin film, thus the creation of Rachel Dawes.

tumblr_m70cswFoxo1qgt0vro1_250_zpsfec4aa9c.gif
tumblr_m70cswFoxo1qgt0vro2_250_zps8cb9a147.gif

tumblr_m70cswFoxo1qgt0vro3_250_zps485ae56e.gif
tumblr_m70cswFoxo1qgt0vro4_250_zps70316499.gif

I remember how giddy this made me at the cinema... At 12 years old it was pure magic.

Last edited:
I really hate not being able to see this movie in the theaters. I was 13 at the time, and other than the first two Pokemon movies, this was the first movie I asked to see in the theaters but no one wanted to take me. My brother ended up buying the bootleg VHS (damn I feel old) and that's how I first saw this.

I almost didn't get to see SM2 either because my brother's girlfriend was pregnant and expecting the baby around that time. I was almost expecting her to go into labor halfway through the movie.

I really hate not being able to see this movie in the theaters. I was 13 at the time, and other than the first two Pokemon movies, this was the first movie I asked to see in the theaters but no one wanted to take me. My brother ended up buying the bootleg VHS (damn I feel old) and that's how I first saw this.

know the feel , ended up seeing it more in VHS than the DVD and the DVD second disc was really full of content

I remember seeing the film about 4 times in the theater back in 2002. I loved it. I can recall that my one thought after seeing this film is,"When's the sequel coming out??!!" Because I was just so into the movie and loved the characters so much that I couldn't wait for part 2.

Just finished a rewatch of the trilogy and I love them all. Honestly, despite being messy I still really enjoy 3. Sad that we'll never get to see these characters anymore.

Just something about Spider-Man 3 I can't enjoy...the same with other films like X-Men 3 or Superman III(and IV), Blade: Trinity and so on...they all tried to feel like they were in the same "universe", but their quality is so cheap compared to the previous two films of the respected franchises.

I brought this up in the Batboards, but I feel like that's why I can sit down and just enjoy Batman Forever and Batman & Robin as, besides a very loose continuity, Schumacher's dulogy just feels like its own things compared to Burton's duology.

I don't recall that. I remember Nolan and Goyer trying to use Harvey Dent but they didn't like the story they had for him in the origin film, thus the creation of Rachel Dawes.
It must've been terrible if they thought Rachel fricking Dawes was an improvement. Or maybe they are appeasing the Studio and Dent being in place of Rachel was, like, a billion times better.

Just something about Spider-Man 3 I can't enjoy...the same with other films like X-Men 3 or Superman III(and IV), Blade: Trinity and so on...they all tried to feel like they were in the same "universe", but their quality is so cheap compared to the previous two films of the respected franchises.

I brought this up in the Batboards, but I feel like that's why I can sit down and just enjoy Batman Forever and Batman & Robin as, besides a very loose continuity, Schumacher's dulogy just feels like its own things compared to Burton's duology.

This bothered me about SM3 as well. Something just feels off about everything in it. It doesn't feel like the same world we had experienced in SM1 & SM2...

It must've been terrible if they thought Rachel fricking Dawes was an improvement. Or maybe they are appeasing the Studio and Dent being in place of Rachel was, like, a billion times better.

I don't know. From what I gathered, the idea of Harvey Dent in Batman Begins wouldn't have gone well as it didn't seem like he would've been well-developed by the film's end either. I'm glad we got a love interest, but they should have used someone else like maybe developing Selina Kyle back in BB or Julie Madison even.

I remember seeing the film about 4 times in the theater back in 2002. I loved it. I can recall that my one thought after seeing this film is,"When's the sequel coming out??!!" Because I was just so into the movie and loved the characters so much that I couldn't wait for part 2.
It's funny because as much as I loved the first one, I never really wondered about a sequel and I didn't really follow any news on movies in general. In fact, I don't even think I knew how to use a computer at that point in my life.

But I remember seeing the trailer for SM2 on TV randomly when it first premiered, and I flipped the **** out. It was a brutal 2-3 month waiting for that to come out.

Oh man, I still remember seeing the Spidey 2 teaser in the theaters. I heard Kirsten Dunst's voice and was like "could it be?" and then I saw Toby and was like "IT IS, IT IS!!" and then Doc Ock came and looked PERFECT and my 10-year-old self had a minor freakout in the theater.

I have no recollection what movie I saw it with (maybe Daredevil?) but it was one of the greatest trailer experiences of my life.

I joined SHH the very day that first Spider-Man 2 teaser came on-line. I joined to converse about it with all the other fans.

What exciting days they were. Everybody loved it.

I remember being at comic con when they first revealed Doc Ock.

I remember seeing Spider-Man with my parents, Spider-Man 2 with my brother and both times were really special to me seeing these two films the first times with family members and then Spider-Man 3 I went to a midnight showing with a huge group...that was surely a disappointment, but I'm glad I got to see the first two films, the first times for each, with family. Will always be something special for me and I still have the ticket stubs for 1 and 2 too.

Ironically, SM3 was the only one I saw more than once in the theater. I went to the midnight show with my brother, where we saw it in iMax, then I went again later that day with a group of friends. I remember saying I thought it was the best Spider-Man movie of them all.

So you were there when Alfred Molina came out on stage and all?

Yep. I had planted myself in the movie hall. He came out and then they showed the Doc Ock movie poster and the showed the hospital scene.

3 is the only film I saw in the cinema. I remember I first saw 2 on a pirate disc. Was never interested in Spider-Man before that. Would love to see these on the big screen again but the reboot has probably killed their chances.

Not at all the case for me. One of the reasons I enjoy SM3 is because it doesn't feel that way (like the ones you listed above do). It's one trilogy where every film feels the same, which is so rare in comic book films especially. I am so glad Raimi got a chance to return both times, and eternally gutted that Singer didn't.

Can't resist bringing this back to Batman (as it's you :p), but I don't even feel that cohesion in Nolan's series. It's not knocking them, but the approach to his films make them all individual, Begins feeling particularly different to me with a different looking Gotham and the Katie Holmes Rachel... I hate recasting. Raimi's Spider-Man might be the only comic book franchise to avoid any recasting now I come to think of it.

Last edited:
I don't know, I love the Raimi films, but I've always felt like each film felt different. Even though all of the actors were the same, they seemed a bit different in each film, which I attribute to the fact that most of their looks changed, with the exception of Peter in SM2/SM3.

Even though all of the actors were the same, they seemed a bit different in each film, which I attribute to the fact that most of their looks changed, with the exception of Peter in SM2/SM3.

Really you think Aunt May and Jonah looked different in every movie?

MJ deteriorated in looks, and Harry had different hair styles in each movie (Franco also looks more mature in age in 2 and 3).

Not at all the case for me. One of the reasons I enjoy SM3 is because it doesn't feel that way (like the ones you listed above do). It's one trilogy where every film feels the same, which is so rare in comic book films especially. I am so glad Raimi got a chance to return both times, and eternally gutted that Singer didn't.

Can't resist bringing this back to Batman (as it's you :p), but I don't even feel that cohesion in Nolan's series. It's not knocking them, but the approach to his films make them all individual, Begins feeling particularly different to me with a different looking Gotham and the Katie Holmes Rachel... I hate recasting. Raimi's Spider-Man might be the only comic book franchise to avoid any recasting now I come to think of it.

The only difference in Gotham is the Wayne Tower was changed for TDK/TDKR and Nolan stayed away from the Narrows area, but other than that...Gotham looks completely the same when it was still filmed in Chicago(albeit, other locations for TDKR such as New York and Pittsburgh). And I really wish Maggie was around in BB as well, but it's really no one's fault except for Katie since she didn't even want to come back, as it's not like Warner Brothers or Nolan wanted someone else.

But what I am referring to is...Spider-Man 3 came off as trying to stick with the same tone and feeling of the last two films, but it didn't work out when Venom and the symbiote was used since the first two films were very scientific-oriented(and I suppose that's why the Ultimate route may be the best in using Venom unless you want a more sci-fi/fantasy idea of Spidey in the very beginning of a film series) and even the writing seemed off for characters like MJ and personally, Aunt May.

BB and TDK looked closer to each other than TDKR. That's because BB and TDK used the same city as a base (Chicago) while TDKR used NY, Pittsburgh, and LA. In spite of that, TDK and TDKR's use of real locations gave it a texture of similar kin than BB's heavy use of sets, which made it look artificial and comic booky.

BB and TDK looked closer to each other than TDKR. That's because BB and TDK used the same city as a base (Chicago) while TDKR used NY, Pittsburgh, and LA. In spite of that, TDK and TDKR's use of real locations gave it a texture of similar kin than BB's heavy use of sets, which made it look artificial and comic booky.

Yeah, this exactly. I liked the more cramped and stylised BB Gotham a lot, so I really notice a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"