The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in Sherlock Holmes and Sleuth did I not want to turn the movie off because of him. So yeah, I'd rather they get someone else.

Wasn't Jude also rumored to have been attached to play Superman in the "Superman vs Batman" film back in 2001 and was even rumored to have been Singer's one and only choice to play the role of Zod in SR before the character was removed from the story after Jude declined.

He'll probably end up as Dr. Strange, though I wouldnt mind to at least see him as Lex. I think I'd want someone else in the end though.

jude law would be great for lex and he is pretty much already there when it come to being bald lol
article-2089168-115F706A000005DC-850_468x646.jpg

With the rumors of a JL rewrite, I think it would be cool if they made Lex a connecting thread in the way that Loki was in the Avengers.

And yes, yes, I know JL does not have to be like the Avengers -- this is just to spark a little conversation.

Wasn't Jude also rumored to have been attached to play Superman in the "Superman vs Batman" film back in 2001 and was even rumored to have been Singer's one and only choice to play the role of Zod in SR before the character was removed from the story after Jude declined.

Yeah I remember that rumour. It wasn't surprising given that Singer's entire motivation for his Superman universe stemmed from the Donner films, and Jude Law is often compared in both looks and acting style to Terence Stamp, the Donner Zod.

Young Terence Stamp -
TERENCE8.jpg

With the rumors of a JL rewrite, I think it would be cool if they made Lex a connecting thread in the way that Loki was in the Avengers.

And yes, yes, I know JL does not have to be like the Avengers -- this is just to spark a little conversation.

There are other BETTER ways of doing that. :oldrazz:

My #1 choice would be Miachael C. Hall. Then again, he's also my choice for Batman, Daredevil, Mysterio, Riddler and Two-Face.

Mads Mikkelsen would be pretty cool. Looks good bald too.

madsmikkelsenportraits66thvenicefilmmbo5wqdsy3fl_zpsece9d684.jpg

PusherII_zps082950ce.png

I'm still pulling for Chris Meloni to reveal himself to be Lex at the end of the film or for Michael Cerveris to be cast as Lex in the sequel...or in Justice League

I'm still pulling for Chris Meloni to reveal himself to be Lex at the end of the film or for Michael Cerveris to be cast as Lex in the sequel...or in Justice League

I really can't see Michael Cerveris as Lex Luthor, even though I like his work on Fringe.

"Colonel Hardy" = Lex? That would be nice, imo.

I really can't see Michael Cerveris as Lex Luthor, even though I like his work on Fringe.

"Colonel Hardy" = Lex? That would be nice, imo.

I told Michael Cerveris that I would campaign for him to get the role of Lex. Love his work on Fringe as well.

And yeah, if Col. Hardy turned out to be Lex trying to infiltrate the US government I think that would be cool. Meloni would certainly make Lex out to be a formidable foe for Superman. But people keep going on and on about how they want Billy Zane as Lex. Sure he looks cool bald but I'm not so sure about that one....

Cool actor no doubt, but a bit too old imo. I'd prefer someone 10 years older than Cavill and physically in their prime.

I thought of

LMK-084552.jpg

because he was pretty cool in The Raven, but he doesnt really look much like a Lex though. He probably doesnt have the presence and the name to go with it either.

He looks really haggard in this pic, woah.

Damn straight. :o

Cool actor no doubt, but a bit too old imo. I'd prefer someone 10 years older than Cavill and physically in their prime.

I thought of

LMK-084552.jpg

because he was pretty cool in The Raven, but he doesnt really look much like a Lex though. He probably doesnt have the presence and the name to go with it either.
evans is like 5 years older than henry and looks in same age bracket

Brolin is only 15 years older than cavill and looks damn good for his age
MV5BMjI1NzQ1NTQ2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk1NjcyNw@@._V1._SX640_SY869_.jpg

I think Evans looks about 10 years older than Cavill actually. He looks mid- to late 30s imo, whereas Brolin looks late 40s. Bottomline is I think Luthor should look slightly younger than Brolin. Brolin also has too much of a rugged cowboy'ness to him no matter how cool an actor he is.

Last edited:
age is not a problem for me it is looks and borlin looks great for 45 brolin is very charming and charismatic and comes across easily as a tough bad ash:woot:
4.-GQJanuary08Cover-785790.jpg

josh-brolin.jpg

4dyKx.Em.56.jpeg

13071_10151429002667290_1824585897_n.jpg

Wrong movie...

Edit: Whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics