The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice, I hope they kept that scene in the movie :) Kelex isn't really that important but would be a nice nod to the fans :)

Yeah I'd love it he doesn't even have to speak tbh

Billy Zaniacs assemble!

10thAnnualBeverlyHillsFilmFestivalOpeningNCfnpm7r6sIl_zpsa7083e52.jpg

KRUMM!!!.....THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!! :funny:

Yeah I'd love it he doesn't even have to speak tbh

yea, just a shot of a flying golden robot near Jor-El, maybe Jor-El reviewing a file on a data pad or whatever, he then hands it to Kelex who then flies off :)

LOL

Poor Billy Zane. He used to be such an inspiration for bad actors everywhere.

That pic makes me think he should play Dr Sivanna in a Captain Marvel film, must be the glasses :awesome:

Joaquin Phoenix. And he'd be a much better choice than that overrated Guy Pearce guy. That guy is annoying and all wrong for Lex, plus not that good of an actor. Phoenix FTW! :word:

Matthew McConaughey's confirmed he's working on Interstellar with Christopher Nolan. Maybe if Nolan produces Man of Steel 2 he can get him in for Lex.

Matthew McConaughey's confirmed he's working on Interstellar with Christopher Nolan. Maybe if Nolan produces Man of Steel 2 he can get him in for Lex.

If he can cover up that thick accent of his I'd be alright with that choice. He's a very good actor, underrated too and it's great news that he's working with Nolan. He's been picking better and better roles lately which is great. He's too good to be wasting his time with mediocre romantic comedies. But looking at how MOS was cast, I think they will go for an academy award nominee/winner for the role of Lex. But perhaps MM will get a nomination in the meantime.

Joaquin Phoenix. And he'd be a much better choice than that overrated Guy Pearce guy. That guy is annoying and all wrong for Lex, plus not that good of an actor. Phoenix FTW! :word:

Wow... Never thought of this before, and now that I have, I think it would be an awesome choice. Yeah, that's someone I would love to see as Lex, rather than Pearce or Zane.

Pearce is definitely not overrated. The guy is outstanding in damn near everything he's in.

I also think Phoenix is wrong for Lex. He's a good actor, but I seriously cannot picture him in the role. He gets brought up periodically for Lex and I've tried to see it, but I just can't.

Yeah, the Ra's/Lex comparison is not at all fair at all, Lex is Superman's number one foe, Ra's is a much lesser well known villain of Batman's, he's not The Joker.

And I could see Joaquin Phoenix as Lex. He'd be a wild, crazy Lex, just waiting to go off. Could be fun. He's got to be able to supress all that though without us seeing it in his face. Idk if he could do that though. Lex should be a hard one to read. Anyway, not the worst choice. I'm anxious to see who we get, if we get Lex in the future.

My bet though for Luthor's "involvement" in MOS is that he's just referenced verbally throughout, and maybe some logos of his are shown on landmarks or whatever. I doubt we'll actually see him, personally.

If he can cover up that thick accent of his I'd be alright with that choice. He's a very good actor, underrated too and it's great news that he's working with Nolan. He's been picking better and better roles lately which is great. He's too good to be wasting his time with mediocre romantic comedies. But looking at how MOS was cast, I think they will go for an academy award nominee/winner for the role of Lex. But perhaps MM will get a nomination in the meantime.

Yeah it's great to see him taking on better roles, I really don't mind his accent. Tell you one to watch with him in Frailty he's brilliant in that film.

Well if Meloni turns out to be Lex I won't be shocked. I still remember all the secrecy that shrouded his casting and then they finally came out and said he is playing Col. Hardy. If he's just playing some colonel why all the secrecy? And if Mackenzie Gray turns out to be Lex or the voice of Brainiac or John Corben then more power to him...

Well if Meloni turns out to be Lex I won't be shocked. I still remember all the secrecy that shrouded his casting and then they finally came out and said he is playing Col. Hardy. If he's just playing some colonel why all the secrecy? And if Mackenzie Gray turns out to be Lex or the voice of Brainiac or John Corben then more power to him...

There's secrecy about the whole film though not really any particular secrecy surrounding Meloni in particular. I really don't think there's a twist like that in the film, there'd be no reason for Lex to pretend to be someone else and I highly doubt hen could disguise himself as a colonel, you can't just through abit of money and get a rank like that.

There's secrecy about the whole film though not really any particular secrecy surrounding Meloni in particular. I really don't think there's a twist like that in the film, there'd be no reason for Lex to pretend to be someone else and I highly doubt hen could disguise himself as a colonel, you can't just throw abit of money and get a rank like that.

There was no secrecy about who was playing Superman, Lois, Ma and Pa Kent, Perry and so on...but when they cast Meloni we had NO CLUE who he was playing for a few days if I remember correctly. They didn't say he was Col. Hardy until a week or so after he was cast. And how are you so sure there is no reason for Lex to disguise himself? Have you seen the movie and aren't telling us?!?! :wow:

And if Lex IS in the movie he would have some pretty high up connections in the government if he is portrayed the way I think we all would want to see him portrayed. There are corrupt people in the government and the military. Money talks and damn near EVERYONE has their price. I don't think it would take much for Lex to impersonate a colonel to be honest. And what's to say he's impersonating a colonel? He could have served, and then Superman comes along and he flips his **** over something, leaves the military and starts his weapons division of LexCorps.....I'm just throwing out possible theories. It's not unheard of for billionaires to want to serve. Some people have a deep sense of service to country and Lex could actually think that him killing Superman is the right thing to do for his country....just saying

There was no secrecy about who was playing Superman, Lois, Ma and Pa Kent, Perry and so on...but when they cast Meloni we had NO CLUE who he was playing for a few days if I remember correctly. They didn't say he was Col. Hardy until a week or so after he was cast. And how are you so sure there is no reason for Lex to disguise himself? Have you seen the movie and aren't telling us?!?! :wow:

And if Lex IS in the movie he would have some pretty high up connections in the government if he is portrayed the way I think we all would want to see him portrayed. There are corrupt people in the government and the military. Money talks and damn near EVERYONE has their price. I don't think it would take much for Lex to impersonate a colonel to be honest. And what's to say he's impersonating a colonel? He could have served, and then Superman comes along and he flips his **** over something, leaves the military and starts his weapons division of LexCorps.....I'm just throwing out possible theories. It's not unheard of for billionaires to want to serve. Some people have a deep sense of service to country and Lex could actually think that him killing Superman is the right thing to do for his country....just saying

No I wish I had :woot: I just do t see a reason for it, think it would be a twist for the sake of it.

I really don't think Lex is in MOS but I'm expecting a presence of some sort i.e. a mention of Lexcorp or something.

No I wish I had :woot: I just do t see a reason for it, think it would be a twist for the sake of it.

I really don't think Lex is in MOS but I'm expecting a presence of some sort i.e. a mention of Lexcorp or something.

I go by the saying from the tv show Big Brother..."expect the unexpected". I'm expecting them to throw something crazy at us. And think about it....Snyder STILL hasn't confirmed that Shannon is Gen. Zod. We know he is, but it hasn't come out of Snyder's mouth

I go by the saying from the tv show Big Brother..."expect the unexpected". I'm expecting them to throw something crazy at us. And think about it....Snyder STILL hasn't confirmed that Shannon is Gen. Zod. We know he is, but it hasn't come out of Snyder's mouth

True but I still don't think Meloni is Lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"