The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the one in the shot where the asteroids/debris/escape pods are flying through the city. Haven't found the other.

So Lex is a company man in this universe. Maybe we'll just see a ubiquitous LexCorp logo throughout the film to hint at his presence.

Two times?
YsYIcAr.jpg

7vXTyPL.jpg

Ah, I didn't catch it in those other shots. Anyone know what building that is (in real life)?

Ah, I didn't catch it in those other shots. Anyone know what building that is (in real life)?

I have no clue. I did a quick search through the list of the tallest buildings in Vancouver and Chicago (where they shot the movie) and I could not find a match. Maybe they did what they did with the original Wayne Tower from Begins, and enlarged a much smaller building.

I'm trying to think of some choices for Lex that I've never heard before and I've come up with a couple names I think could at least do a damn good job.

Geoffrey Rush
Damian Lewis
Sean Penn

Damian Lewis

Done. I've loved him as an actor since watching Band of Brothers as a kid and he is a natural ginger no less. He is also the perfect age for in my opinion. Looks older than Cavill Supes, but not too old.

And it seems like about the right time to bring up my pic again - Oscar nominated actor Clive Owen :) Some pics from his latest film:

vd-ShadowDancer-408x264.jpg
20278701.jpg

shadow_dancer-480x330.jpg

Last edited:
Can Owen even do a convincing American accent?

I had Clive Owen and Josh Brolin on my list and deleted em lol. Also had Bruce Willis, Ray Stevenson, Johnny Lee Miller, John Noble, Timothy Olyphant. Tryna think a bit outside the box. Could be interesting to see if Willis could do a great intelligent villainous role.

bruce would do intelligent aswell as whalberg plays a convincing science teacher

I had Clive Owen and Josh Brolin on my list and deleted em lol. Also had Bruce Willis, Ray Stevenson, Johnny Lee Miller, John Noble, Timothy Olyphant. Tryna think a bit outside the box. Could be interesting to see if Willis could do a great intelligent villainous role.

Stevenson is the only one from that list that might be good in the role, but I just don't think we'll see such an unknown.

I like Clive Owen because he's an out of the box choice, he's a younger Lex than we've seen in the past but still a fair bit older than Cavill (my ideal age range), he's nominated for an Oscar, and Snyder wanted him for 300 if I remember rightly so he's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Josh Brolin, also Oscar nominated, also the right age range for me :)

Now i'm not saying you HAVE to be Oscar nominated to get the role. I think people like Daniel Craig and Jason Isaacs are good choices and they have no Oscar noms.

But i'm just saying we should be looking at more respected/well known actors here, considering the calibre of the cast so far.

I'm probably not the best person to judge with that, i'm really dense with accents!

I can't think of a single role where he has used an accent besides his own. I think Luthor's naturally born American status is important, both in terms of themes and his ability to run for president.

If it has to be an Oscar winner or nominee it's quite a limited list.

I think Damian's Emmy and Golden Globe wins are close enough.

Phoenix has been mentioned. He would be an interesting choice that's for sure. The more and more I think about it though Damien Lewis really does sound awesome. He's so great on Homeland and as DK stated Emmy and Golden Globe and we know he is more than capable of embodying a real intensity that would be great to see him being to Lex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"