The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
McConaughey is on a pretty hot streak right now. I think he'd be able to bring charisma and a real sinister edge to Lex.

Why the hate for Billy Zane?
Because you suggested him. :oldrazz:

I just hope this doesn't end up like the Moriarty casting in Sherlock Holmes 2.

Guy Richie was like, "We're going to get a huge name to play Sherlock's #1 nemesis, like Daniel Day Lewis!"

And then we get Lane from Mad Men. He was okay, but honestly, I think Mark Strong played a better Moriarty in the first film (even though he wasn't Moriarty).

I'm not saying we need a big name actor, but I'll be pissed if they cast someone totally underwhelming. On the other hand, I hope they don't cast a big name who is completely wrong for the part (**cough**Bruce Willis**cough**).

Two scenarios pop into my head:

1) He was lying, so people would be on the look out for a high profile celebrity that they would never think of looking at a supporting character from a cable show.

or

2) No big names were that interested.

Take yo pick. :o

2009: No one cares about Matthew McConaughey

2010: No one cares about Matthew McConaughey

2011: No one cares about Matthew McConaughey

2012: No one cares about Matthew McConaughey

2013: "Oh, he's gonna star in a Chris Nolan movie? **** YEAH! Bring on McConaughey!"

2013: "Oh, he's gonna star in a Chris Nolan movie? **** YEAH! Bring on McConaughey!"

I cared about him as Rick Pecker the agent in Tropic Thunder. :csad:

^ By Odin's Beard and Poseidon's Glass Eye, THIS!

Last edited:
I think people really started paying attention to him with The Lincoln Lawyer. And I too cared about him in Tropic Thunder. :(

I think people really started paying attention to him with The Lincoln Lawyer. And I too cared about him in Tropic Thunder. :(

I mean come on, he saved everyone with a Tivo!

Last edited:
Well, by "care", I don't mean care about his work. I was more referring to the amount of name-dropping going on for him on the Hype. I almost NEVER saw his name come up here, then news about Interstellar got out, and now he's a contender.

With names like McConaughey and Diesel being brought up, it seems like people want a Luthor with a lot of swagger at least.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure people are joking about Diesel.

He's not on my short list. In fact, at this point I don't even have a list. But, I get what people think he might bring to the table. I also get why people would think he would be bad as well. I just feel he wouldn't just be the dude from FF series, only now in a suit fighting Superman.

Besides, Marvel Studios already has Diesel in talks; he's as good as gone as an option. :o

I said it once and I'll say it again. TOM HANKS will be Lex. Gawd. :p

it was killer joe for me!!
tumblr_mdliruU7Om1qhbvf0o1_500.gif

tumblr_mc29pqfVnr1qgp6v5o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members