The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 8

he'd make one creepy lex!!
tumblr_lz1l53sSqi1ro9vzoo1_500.gif

[FONT=&quot]Joaquin Phoenix[/FONT]
joaquin%20phoenix%20sq.jpg

John Shea was an awesome Lex Luthor. I hope he can be portrayed similar to his version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrdQTvpf0u8

Watching this reminded me how great Luthor could be in live action. Ruthless and evil. I honestly think that there is potential for Luthor to rival Heath Ledgers Joker if done by the right actor in MOS 2, imho.

I don't think Lex gives an actor nearly so much to chew on as The Joker. Lex is almost Sphynx-like. The tendency for him to be portrayed, inappropriately, as a clown, probably indicate how difficult he is to bring to life. I think any actor cast has to have a lot of natural charisma and presence.

John Shea was an awesome Lex Luthor. I hope he can be portrayed similar to his version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrdQTvpf0u8

Watching this reminded me how great Luthor could be in live action. Ruthless and evil. I honestly think that there is potential for Luthor to rival Heath Ledgers Joker if done by the right actor in MOS 2, imho.

Man looking back Lois and Clark looks so excruciating to watch!! :(

As for John Shea MAAAAAN does he resemble Benedict Cumberpatch or what lol?! :p

As for other actors I'm definitely liking Michael C. Hall, Joaquin Phoenix, Damian Lewis or Matthew McConaughey. I've also been reading reports that Mark Strong has also been considered despite his recent role of Sinestro. Somebody even suggested Jim Caviezel over on the Sequels pages too. I'd like to see what he and Hall would look like bald though.

Last edited:
Molina was Doc Oc, and was great at it.

George Clooney?

Rhys Ifans was Doctor Conners, and he was good at it. Poor George Clooney, "Superman, friend, partner, brother, will you help me, rebuild Metropolis."

When i used to be Bats N' Hornets, I often said, BILLY ZANE should be LUTHOR! People call me on it but look... he could very much resemble the Lex of STAS and JLU and if you look at his role in TITANIC, he could use that as a starting point!

Wait wait wait wait... someone mentioned George Clooney?

meme_bjnovak.png

Clooney could do it but it would be too bizarre for some people. Batman and Robin was burned into fans' brains.

Clooney could do it but it would be too bizarre for some people. Batman and Robin was burned into fans' brains.

Oh man, you're totally right. Almost forgot about that.

Until you brought that up, it seemed like decent casting. Wasn't there a mention by Snyder that he would cast as someone in Brad Pitt's celebrity-acting caliber for Lex? I thought Clooney would've been alright.

Hah I had recently (although not seriously) considered Ben Affleck playing Reed Richards and George Clooney as Ben Grimm lol! :p

Man looking back Lois and Clark looks so excruciating to watch!! :(

As for John Shea MAAAAAN do he resemble Benedict Cumberpatch or what?! :p

As for other actors I'm definitely liking Michael C. Hall, Joaquin Phoenix, Damian Lewis or Matthew McConaughey. I've also been reading reports that Mark Strong has also been considering despite his recent role of Sinestro. Somebody even suggested Jim Caviezel over on the Sequels pages too. I'd like to see what he and Hall would look like bald though.
Jim Caviezel!!! a good call!!!
it would be wonderful to see him playing lex luthor!!!

I hope the middling reviews for MOS doesn't deter the big names from taking on Lex. But it'd be nice to see WB strike gold with another Heath Ledger type casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"