The Official Mass Effect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe so yeah. You'd have had to start downloading back in 1982 if you wanted it ready for launch though. :woot:

that's probably true......if I were using the X1............:o

Man I kinda regret watching the launch trailer. First off, the music choice was horrible, and I think it showed a little too much for my liking.

March 21? Oh wow, I hadnt realized this was coming out so soon

ok so I'm putting this up in spoiler warning if you want to se it it's up to you and on you.

It's coming.

[YT]X6PJEmEHIaY[/YT]
MASS EFFECT™: ANDROMEDA – Official Launch Trailer

• 891,404 views14 hours ago

[FONT=&quot]It's finally happening, we have 11 days until Mass Effect: Andromeda releases and if you're playing on Xbox One or PC, you might only be waiting six days to play. EA Access and Origin Access members will be getting their hands on the game five days in advance, with unthrottled multiplayer and somewhat throttled single player.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the official launch trailer (above) we get a taste of everything that is to come in Mass Effect: Andromeda and it looks awesome. In the game, we a are a pathfinder looking to find the new home for humans, of course, it will come with a crazy quest to save the everyone... but hey, that's how it goes when you're a video game hero. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Available in North America March 21 and worldwide March 23 on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, and Xbox One.[/FONT]
IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
MASS EFFECT
[/FONT]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Man I kinda regret watching the launch trailer. First off, the music choice was horrible, and I think it showed a little too much for my liking.

I really enjoyed it although I was looking for them to show a lot. I can understand the comment on the music. It all looked great to me living up to what I wanted to see.

Got some video's from the live stream Via youtube for those interested (and only those interested) watch it while you can see it below other this is in Spoiler warning too. watch at your own risque.

so, in watching various gameplay vids, I've noticed 2 things.

one, there seems to be a degree of choice/customization in terms of what hand to use Biotic powers? I've seen some vids where a Biotic power is thrown with the left hand but with the right hand in another vid. Maybe it's based on which shoulder button the move is assigned to ( but what about if it's assigned to the RB + LB slot ? )?

also, there seems to be customization/variation on the colors of the Biotic powers?

again, in some vids, a Biotic power is colored blue, but in another vid, the same power is colored purple.

Fallow up break down of the two video's from sly nation above .

hqdefault.jpg
19:24

[YT]Wavwhl5uK-Q[/YT]
Mass Effect Andromeda | Pax East: Twitch Stream #1 Breakdown (Non-Spoiler Edition)

• 127 views17 minutes ago

Published on 12 Mar 2017
This is a breakdown of the first ME Andromeda Stream from Pax East. This one went live at 1 pm on Friday. It was held on the Twitch Stage. The second stream was held at 4 pm on the main stage (breakdown coming soon). This was edited as to not contain any spoilers. Enjoy! ~LINKS~
Pax East Twitch Stage (1pm)-

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrN4gYwGZhs&t=1970s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrN4g...

Pax East Main Stage Stream (4pm)-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oitl... ~Help me with my goal of going Full-Time on YouTube!~
Need to pre-order ME: Andromeda? Consider supporting Sly Nation & buying it on Amazon, here-
Xbox One- http://amzn.to/2lDy7RW
PC- http://amzn.to/2mijWPB

As always, if you want to stay up to date on everything Mass Effect, Destiny, The Division, and new uploads from Sly Nation. Twitter is the best place to do so! Follow @Sly_Nation and be alerted to new updates from out favorite games and new uploads from my channel. Couldn't do this without you, Nation!

source: Sly Nation's Youtube Channel
[/URL]

I really enjoyed it although I was looking for them to show a lot. I can understand the comment on the music. It all looked great to me living up to what I wanted to see.

Even though I just said that the trailer showed a bit too much for me I ended up watching a 30 second clip from the PAX stream where they make this awesome easter egg/reference to a really famous movie :woot: It seems that there will be a bunch of humor in the game.

so, in watching various gameplay vids, I've noticed 2 things.

again, in some vids, a Biotic power is colored blue, but in another vid, the same power is colored purple.

I haven't seen what you mentioned, but maybe the color changes depending on the strength of the attack? Or maybe it depends of what kind of planet/atmospehere you're in.

Even though I just said that the trailer showed a bit too much for me I ended up watching a 30 second clip from the PAX stream where they make this awesome easter egg/reference to a really famous movie :woot: It seems that there will be a bunch of humor in the game.

I haven't seen what you mentioned, but maybe the color changes depending on the strength of the attack? Or maybe it depends of what kind of planet/atmospehere you're in.

maybe that's the case. like it's tied to what level/strength the power is it.

Hard to resist lol, although I'm unspoilable outside of major character deaths and crucial plot twists. I've heard there is considerably more huour and a generally much lighter tone to this.

i'm gonna have to pass on this (at launch) the release date is too close to persona 5, and i got the collector's edition of that preordered

so as posted in post #981

the second youtube video called liam's loyalty mission and Q&A they stated that the mulitplayer is optional / skip able in that youtell other player to the the multiplayfor you so it's like your hireing other while you play as rider in the single player soley your self.

details below

GamesRadar+

15 hrs ·

GOOD NEWS! Mass Effect Andromeda's multiplayer isn't mandatory!

You can skip Mass Effect: Andromeda's multiplayer with Strike Teams - here's how

As the new Pathfinder for all of humanity in Mass Effect: Andromeda, you are… Read more

[FONT=&quot]
mE4ECT8GQG4JJAB23JSJYh-480-80.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As the new Pathfinder for all of humanity in Mass Effect: Andromeda, you are bestowed with the ultimate power of leadership: delegation. If you don't want to hop online to do a multiplayer mission but you still want the single-player campaign rewards, you can just send one of your Strike Teams to do it for you.
Wait, you can do multiplayer… in single player? For a more thorough explanation, here are some in-depth snippets from a Twitter Q&A session with Mass Effect: Andromeda multiplayer producer Fernando Melo and lead designer Ian S. Frazier.
Striking out on your own

View image on Twitter

Follow
Fernando Melo @DiscoBabaloo

On the 6th day of MP-mas, the MP dev team gave to you: Strike Teams. Don't want to play Missions in MP? Send STs out from either SP or MP.​
8:52 PM - 6 Mar 2017

Follow

.@TheAestivation @katerinafm Play Msn: get msn funds & pathfinder loot. Use ST: also get ST xp. Or play MP: also get mp xp/credits.​
10:06 PM - 6 Mar 2017

7 Mar
Adam Geesaman @argeesaman

@tibermoon Will we be able to play in a MP playlist in MEA or do you get random MP missions at random times? #APEX #space cc @akgeesaman

Follow
Ian S. Frazier @ PAX ✔@tibermoon

@argeesaman @akgeesaman Missions become available periodically and you choose which to do. Or play a custom mission (i.e. Normal mp match).​
8:55 AM - 7 Mar 2017

7 Mar
SomebodyOfNobody @of_somebody

@DiscoBabaloo @tibermoon So if we fail the first time in Strike teams for either SP or MP, we can try again to get the reward?​

Follow

@of_somebody @DiscoBabaloo APEX Missions, which are the ST missions that can be played in MP, can be failed and retried. The rest cannot.​
12:44 AM - 7 Mar 2017

[/FONT]

we got options

Giving more options

6 Mar
Tony MacDonell @tmtek

@DiscoBabaloo Ideal future ME is everything MP, and those who don't like it can send strike teams and spend their time flirting with aliens!​

Follow

@tmtek haha - SP is still main focus of course, but trying to provide good options for MP players, those that play both, or SP only​
9:42 PM - 6 Mar 2017

6 Mar
shiva_sam @shiva_sam_G

@DiscoBabaloo are these repayable? Or randomly generated?​

Follow

@shiva_sam_G both, but you'll only get the mission rewards for 1st time completed​
9:04 PM - 6 Mar 2017

6 Mar
Bread➡Andromeda 8🎮 @badbohrok

@DiscoBabaloo will this enable someone like me with poor internet to get the MP reward stuff?​

Follow

@badbohrok it should - you'll still need to be online to manage teams but you wouldn't need to worry about trying to sustain an mp session​
10:56 PM - 6 Mar 2017

Assembling your Strike Teams

Follow

re Strike Teams - you can recruit/upgrade npc teams that you send on Apex missions in your stead. If successful, you'll get the msn rewards.​
9:01 PM - 6 Mar 2017

6 Mar
chris @Frei_Daddy

@DiscoBabaloo are these teams character based npcs? can we customize them for flavor? this sounds sick!​

Follow

@Frei_Daddy no, they are randomly created but exist as an single squad entity​
9:46 PM - 6 Mar 2017

6 Mar
carnival knowledge @frobank

@tibermoon interesting. can we see who is on the team or is it more abstracted?​

Follow

@frobank It's fairly abstracted, though you do see the rough racial composition of each team.​
11:03 PM - 6 Mar 2017

Becoming veterans

6 Mar
Roberto Flores @RobTheSith

@DiscoBabaloo @katerinafm So that's why they get xp too, sooooo we can upgrade them? The st is going to be predetermined or we can >​

Follow

@RobTheSith @katerinafm yes, they gain xp & level up (and you can upgrade them) for better chance when taking on tougher missions​
10:34 PM - 6 Mar 2017

6 Mar
Ian S. Frazier @ PAX ✔ @tibermoon

@TheRandomGamer If they succeed, they gain xp and Ryder gets a special reward. If they fail, they get less xp and no reward for Ryder.​

Follow

@TheRandomGamer Depending on the mission and if they succeed/fail, they may acquire traits that affect their performance in the future.​
10:34 PM - 6 Mar 2017

6 Mar
Ian S. Frazier @ PAX ✔ @tibermoon

@RobTheSith @GambleMike You don't choose who is in each team, but you do choose which team to deploy. The guys /w night vision goggles to >​

Follow

@RobTheSith @GambleMike night missions, the all krogan team to a assault mission, etc. Their traits determine what they're good at.​
11:02 PM - 6 Mar 2017

And some similarities to Dragon Age: Inquisition's War Table

6 Mar
Meta Four @Metascent

@DiscoBabaloo So Strike Team Missions are like DAI War Table Missions? You wait 3.5 hours and get a "10 Mission Fund" reward?​

Follow

@Metascent very similar - if successful, you get the rewards (and your ST gets its own xp)​
9:02 PM - 6 Mar 2017

6 Mar
femshep.com @femshep_com

@GambleMike @tibermoon So, ST is sort of like War Table missions in DA:I?​

Follow

@femshep_com @GambleMike Similar, but add to that a trait mechanic, gear upgrades, and the ability to play key missions yourself in mp.​
11:04 PM - 6 Mar 2017

6 Mar
Adam Barling @Adam_Barling

@DiscoBabaloo Inquisition hybridised with MGSV. Sounds great.​

[FONT=&quot]I'm planning to play a decent amount of multiplayer in Mass: Effect Andromeda, but it's cool to know that the option will be there if I'd rather just tell my Strike Team to do it. Or maybe have my Strike Team deployed in one mission while I'm matchmaking for another…[/FONT]

source http://www.gamesradar.com/

hmmm I got a bunch to night one from game fallowing up on what game raydar put up the night before and video for slynation on the contest and a new character introduction Pcgames N

GameSpot

2 hrs ·

Mass Effect 3’s “Galactic Readiness” is gone, but Andromeda’s multiplayer still plays a role in the single-player campaign.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Dev Explains How Multiplayer Ties Into The Story Campaign

During last week's Penny Arcade Expo, developer BioWare finally unveiled the multiplayer component of its soon-to-be-released space RPG Mass Effect: Andromeda. Though my hands-on time was limited, the cooperative horde mode structure felt extremely similar to Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. While that could make for some enjoyable gameplay, those parallels might alarm players who remember Mass Effect 3's multiplayer for other, less positive reasons.
In order to achieve the "best" ending in Mass Effect 3's single-player campaign, players needed to raise their "Galactic Readiness" above a certain level, which inevitably forced them to participate in the game’s online multiplayer. Though Mass Effect 3's fast-paced, action-focused multiplayer proved surprisingly enjoyable, fans still balked at the idea of playing online to unlock story options in the single-player.
Thankfully, Andromeda doesn't repeat this format, but its multiplayer does tie into both the story and the mechanics of the campaign--or at least, it can. According to lead designer Ian Frazier, you can simply select multiplayer from the main menu, but if you so choose, "There's a tie that can exist between single-player and multiplayer--that's the Strike Teams."
Frazier continued, "At a certain point fairly early in the plot, we say, 'Hey, there's this militia [that is] waking up from the cryopods from the Milky Way.' They can do missions where the Pathfinder isn't. When Ryder has more important things to do, you get the ability to assign AI Strike Teams to go do these missions. It's all set in real-time, so it's going to take an hour, five hours, or whatever for one of these missions to happen. Your teams have a different percent chance to succeed based on their stats and equipment and everything. You can gear them up, you can train them up, you can send them to do these missions, but they're going to take a while to do it."
For the most part, these Strike Missions function as a sort of strategy meta-game that exists in parallel with but largely separate from the main storyline. But as Frazier explains, there are optional exceptions: ?Some of these missions are called 'Apex Missions.' They're generally a little harder. You can send your teams to do them, but it's going be really hard for them unless you've really leveled up your teams. Or you can do it yourself in multiplayer. You can just hit a button, it'll quick-save your single-player game [and] launch you directly into multiplayer where you can solo if you want, you can match-make with friends, [or] you can do a public game and match-match with strangers."
According to Frazier, not only will the transition between your single-player experience and these special multiplayer Strike Missions be seamless, the missions themselves will feel appropriate to the context of your story. "If it says it's a night mission on a certain map against Kett for this objective, that's what the mission will actually be," said Frazier. "When you finish it, you get all the normal multiplayer rewards as if you had picked [multiplayer] from the main menu, but you'll also get the rewards associated with the mission back in single-player." These rewards include both "mission funds"--which you can use to buy items for your multiplayer characters--as well as Pathfinder rewards for Ryder ranging from crafting materials to firearms.
"The idea is, if you're really into multiplayer, you get all the things you already liked, plus it's benefiting your single-player campaign," said Frazier. "If you're only into multiplayer, cool. If you're only into single-player, cool. We tried to set it up in a way that there's nothing you can't get within the context of single-player. You don't have to play multiplayer at all if you don't want to."
Mass Effect: Andromeda launches on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on March 21. Be sure to check GameSpot and YouTube later this week to catch our mini-documentary series on the making of the game.

Filed under: Mass Effect: Andromeda PAX East 2017 PC Xbox One PlayStation 4

Fallowing this

7:18
[YT]oRLDMNRdw48[/YT]
Mass Effect Andromeda | Free Game Giveaway- Win a Pre-Order Edition of Your Choice!

• 4,070 views10 hours ago
Published on 13 Mar 2017
Giveaway Link- https://gleam.io/yIlFy/sly-nations-ma...

Thank you all so much for watching & for the amazing support of my channel! This is my way of saying thanks for all the awesome comments, tweets, shares & likes. Hope you continue to stop by as we enter the final full week before release! To enter you MUST be subscribed to the channel! Click on the link above, or here- https://gleam.io/yIlFy/sly-nations-ma... to enter!

I will pick a winner Friday night & post it with a video. The winner will have the weekend to reply and if they haven't replied by Sunday at 11:59 pm. A new winner will be chosen Monday, the day before release.

***If your under 17, you must have parents permissions before entering***
Thanks again ladies and gents & I will see you all next week! ~Help me go full-time on youtube!~
Still need to buy Mass Effect Andromeda? Consider helping out the channel and use these links.
Xbox One- http://amzn.to/2lDy7RW
PC- http://amzn.to/2mijWPB

and lastly

Mass Effect: Andromeda introduces the Angara - a new race that punch their family in the face

[YT]TqwnP42cKZg[/YT]
Mass Effect: Andromeda - Introducing Jaal Your Angara Teammate (4K) - IGN First

• 198,154 views12 hours ago
4 hours ago

If you don’t mind some slight story spoilers, this new Mass Effect: Andromeda trailer lays out the Angara, an intelligent alien race indigenous...Read more

source: WWW.GAMESPOT.COM, Sly Nation's Youtube Channel & PCGamesN

also with

PAX East 2017 - Hands On with Multiplayer

Posted Mar 11, 2017
Mass Effect: Andromeda | Previews | 14 Comments

Our first appointment at PAX was to sit down with Mass Effect Andromeda and play through a multi-player demo. Initial thoughts were that it would be a PvP battle, however it was more of a survival mode fight against waves of Raiders. You are teamed with three other players to join in and survive the attacks in a set battlefield. Different series of objectives appear throughout, but this scenario was all about firepower.

Read more

source: GI& MMORPG.com

Last edited:
so I've been watching some youtube vids of the Ryders flirting with their squad/crew mates.

and based on what I've seen, I think my first/main playthrough will be a male Ryder who romances PeeBee or Lexi. Male Ryder just seems to have more interesting romance options than female Ryder.

Fem Ryder just has.......Liam?? Hopefully there are more male romance options for Fem Ryder, cuz I usually like playing as a created female character.

so I've been watching some youtube vids of the Ryders flirting with their squad/crew mates.

and based on what I've seen, I think my first/main playthrough will be a male Ryder who romances PeeBee or Lexi. Male Ryder just seems to have more interesting romance options than female Ryder.

Fem Ryder just has.......Liam?? Hopefully there are more male romance options for Fem Ryder, cuz I usually like playing as a created female character.
I am sure you can shag the "handsome" alien... :funny:

I am going PeeBee by default here. Hoping she is an option for both Ryder siblings.

I am sure you can shag the "handsome" alien... :funny:

I am going PeeBee by default here. Hoping she is an option for both Ryder siblings.

what "handsome" alien?? there are no sexy male aliens. :o

and from what I've seen, I think PeeBee swings both ways. :cwink:

what "handsome" alien?? there are no sexy male aliens. :o

and from what I've seen, I think PeeBee swings both ways. :cwink:
The new one. When people started realizing he was probably the final party member, everything suddenly became about being able to sleep with him. It became such a thing, one of the people on Bioware basically had to confirm it on twitter. :funny:

Good. :o

The new one. When people started realizing he was probably the final party member, everything suddenly became about being able to sleep with him. It became such a thing, one of the people on Bioware basically had to confirm it on twitter. :funny:

Good. :o

oh, Jaal??

I know he's a romance option, but I didn't see him in the romance/flirt vid I watched, so I don't know who he's available to.

personality wise, he seems ok. but in terms of looks, it's not that appealing. not what I would call sexy or handsome. :o

He has a monocle Knight, of course he is handsome. :cwink:

apparently this game received a graphical downgrade

Reveal
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-20npsvz.png

Latest
peebee3wsr8.png

Reveal
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-207askl.png

Latest
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-201rsvz.png

Reveal
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-20erswq.png

Latest
vlcsnap-2017-03-14-201pseh.png

so, watching the flirt video again, it looks like this could be the possible breakdown of flirt/romance options:

Cora - Definite straight only flirt option for Male Ryder. Full romance confirmed from prior vid.

Gil - Definite gay only flirt option for Male Ryder.

Vetra - Flirt option for either Male or Fem Ryder. Had different responses to Male/Fem Ryder. Seemed a bit more "open" or "relaxed" with Fem Ryder.

Liam - Possible straight flirt option for Fem Ryder. Definite no-no for male Ryder.

Lexi - Possible flirt option for either Male or Fem Ryder. But may not be romanceable at all. if she is, seems to be more of a challenge. Also read elsewhere she has a crush on Drack.

PeeBee - Definite flirt option for either Male or Fem Ryder. Full romance confirmed from prior vid.

Suvi - Definite flirt option for Fem Ryder. Not sure about Male Ryder.

Jaal ( not shown in video ) - Definite romance, but no sure for who.

Drack ( not shown in video ) - Have no idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"