Mass Effect 3 - The Arrival Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god, touchy touchy. How are the other endings no longer valid? You chose that direction. You thought that was the proper way to finish the game. Even if you were indoctrinated, YOU as the player, deemed that to be the right action to take. I'm not arguing for the idea, merely presenting it, believing it to be an amusing thought, and the debate provides us with something other than "OMG MORDIN OMG THANE OMG LEGION OMG TALI" posts every other hour.

Either way, I'm guessing you haven't read my posts in which I have said that the previous 32.99 hours of the game were pure joy. I'm not mad at the game. Just disappointed in Bioware for presenting us this tripe. I would have expected some sort of resolution, and yet, we get none in terms of our squad/galaxy. Even a Fallout 3 ending pre Broken Steel would have been fine, like Bioware did for DAO before Awakening (another reason why post game DLC from Bioware is likely, because DAO had Awakening made in response to fan outcry over the ending).

Again, for the billionth time, I AM NOT FOR THE CHANGE.

:hrt:

They're no longer valid because they don't actually happen once you retcon them. To use your Fallout 3 example, it'd be like if you made the choice to shut down the Purifier, but then when you start the Broken Steel DLC it begins by saying "Oh PS you were actually on drugs and hallucinated that whole ending!" It'd just be lazy and stupid IMO. I'd rather they do what Broken Steel actually did and have the resulting DLC be impacted by the choices you made rather then just re-doing the end because some people didn't like it.

Of course, I'm aware of how difficult that is considering Bioware pretty much put themselves in a corner by killing Shep. But that's another issue.

I'm hesitant to believe that we'll get any kind of epilogue for the supporting characters. This is Bioware. They have no qualms with having characters just kinda wander off and have no resolution.

I mean I hope we get something... but who knows. The DLC for this ME will be interesting, since it either has to act as an epilogue or as an in-story addition. No post-game stuff like LOTSB.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get epilogues, but at the same time they could always do something similar to the ME2 importer or comics where you can see how your choices effected things. Obviously that's not ideal, but it's better than nothing IMO.

What really sucks is that all the DLC we get is potentially pointless considering the endings, unless they do a Broken Steel type DLC. I mean, additional squadmates are always great, but if they have no baring on the story outcome AND we don't find out what happens to them in the end, that's kind of a major short-sight.

They're no longer valid because they don't actually happen once you retcon them. To use your Fallout 3 example, it'd be like if you made the choice to shut down the Purifier, but then when you start the Broken Steel DLC it begins by saying "Oh PS you were actually on drugs and hallucinated that whole ending!" It'd just be lazy and stupid IMO. I'd rather they do what Broken Steel actually did and have the resulting DLC be impacted by the choices you made rather then just re-doing the end because some people didn't like it.

Of course, I'm aware of how difficult that is considering Bioware pretty much put themselves in a corner by killing Shep. But that's another issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get epilogues, but at the same time they could always do something similar to the ME2 importer or comics where you can see how your choices effected things. Obviously that's not ideal, but it's better than nothing IMO.

What really sucks is that all the DLC we get is potentially pointless considering the endings, unless they do a Broken Steel type DLC. I mean, additional squadmates are always great, but if they have no baring on the story outcome AND we don't find out what happens to them in the end, that's kind of a major short-sight.

If the DLC just winds up being more characters (which is inevitable, especially given that the game never gave us a Salarian or Krogan), I'm not going to be purchasing it. I completed my play through. I've finished the story.

I can't imagine I'm the only consumer like that, so I'm sure Bioware has some sort of plan in motion.

Is there a way to kill the quarians? The options I've seen primarily revolve around destroying the geth and peace between the two races. Is there a way to kill the quarians instead of the geth without getting peace?

If you did that, my Shep would invade your system and give you a virus. You stop that talk right now!

But no I don't believe that's an option.

Is there a way to kill the quarians? The options I've seen primarily revolve around destroying the geth and peace between the two races. Is there a way to kill the quarians instead of the geth without getting peace?

[BLACKOUT]If you don't have high enough paragon or renegade and let Legion do his upload, the Quarians will continue to attack and then get subsequently wiped out by the improved Geth. Tali commits suicide in grief. [/BLACKOUT]

If the DLC just winds up being more characters (which is inevitable, especially given that the game never gave us a Salarian or Krogan), I'm not going to be purchasing it. I completed my play through. I've finished the story.

I can't imagine I'm the only consumer like that, so I'm sure Bioware has some sort of plan in motion.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. With the conclusion being so "final" I don't see much point in additional characters unless I hold off on another playthru I guess. But I can't imagine what kind of emotional weight any DLC story/character will have considering it'll all lead to the same endings anyway.

That's one thing that's bothering me about the ending: in previous ME games, I've always been stoked to play through the game a second/third time to experience different things and different endings, but to know that all the choices I make in additional playthrus have no baring on the ending whatsoever kind of kills that for me. It's a very strange feeling and one I didn't expect to have. :csad:

How my Quarian/Geth story went...

I had Legion upload the code to the Geth without bringing back the Quarian Admiral earlier in the game and the flotilla kept trying to wipe out the Geth causing the whole Flotilla to be destroyed. Then Tali committed suicide by jumping off a cliff

From Ashes is in there somewhere, since...

The closing scene in my version had Javik be the first guy out of the Normandy after Joker.

Did you download the DLC? What are you saying?
That Javik randomly appeared at the end for you?

What's so frustrating about the ending is that those who enjoy it view those that hated it as foaming fanoys. I hope Bioware knows that not everyone who was disappointed hates the game. I do think it hurts re-playability though. #seriouslydonewithranting

I can't stop listening to "Credits". I love it, and it makes me rage all at the same time.
[YT]yYRsOOsAYZo[/YT]

the hell, it says I posted this 7 minutes ago...wtf

Last edited:

Yes, you can

Legion uploading the Reaper code to the Geth Collective when the Geth Collective are not moving? The Quorians start attacking the Geth. Shepard and Tali realize that once Legion is done uploading the Reaper code, the Geth will immediatly attack the Quorians with the full force of the Reapers, which will kill every single Quorian outside of Tali. If you don't convince the Quorians to stop attacking, the Geth do destroy the Quorian fleet, and Tali commits suicide.

From Ashes is in there somewhere, since...

The closing scene in my version had Javik be the first guy out of the Normandy after Joker.

That is just based off of your team at the end of the game, IE, who you had on [BLACKOUT]London before getting to the beam.[/BLACKOUT]

If you did that, my Shep would invade your system and give you a virus. You stop that talk right now!

But no I don't believe that's an option.
Never mind, I totally just did it. All you have to do is [blackout]let the geth upgrade with Reaper code and not save Admiral Koris. Oh, and Tali kills herself after her people get owned.[/blackout] Hilarity all around! :awesome:

Where's the Rannoch planet?,In my Journal it says I have to do some Geth fighting But I can't find it on my galaxy map and the codex info ain't enough,I think I played it before But not sure why it's up in the Journal again

Also..
Where's the Asari widow at the Citadel?,I got message to give her But her name don't show up when I go to the citadel

And..
Where do I find Reaper Code Fragments?

Plz help,I'd appreciate it!!

Rannoch should be in the top right of the galaxy map.

The widow should be standing around in the Presidium Commons somewhere. I'm not sure about the Reaper code fragments but you might be able to buy them from the Spectre shop.

top right?you don't remember which cluster or what ever ??

It's not available until you get the mission but I think it's called the Perseus Veil.

The mission is called"Geth Fighter Squadron",It's in the Journal and so shouldn't it be full up?

I just googled it lol you gotta go to the Tikkun system.

You travel to Rannoch and one of the landing areas should say, "Shut down geth server." Land there.

I can't find the Tikkun system on my map,I can't select some systems for some reason

That's weird. :huh: Some systems unlock based on story progression but if you have that quest you should be able to do it.

About 3 Priority missions left for me.

I'm getting excited, sad and nervous for the ending.

So, I haven't started the game yet, and I don't wish to be spoiled. But I have noticed that the Prothean squadmate looks similar to the Collectors right? And in the Kasumi mission in ME2 there is a statue of a Prothean who does not look at all like the one in ME3, are we given an explanation on this? A simple yes or no will do.

Yes. I think. :huh:

lol I was thinking of all my fave moments in the game off the top of my head:

• Fighting on the moon of Palaven.
  • Fighting through Cerberus while mortars are bombing the hell out of the battlefield.
  • Finally getting to meet Kahlee Sanders.
  • Jack not being able to cuss in front of her students, and Joker giving her s**t for it hahah.
  • Killing Cerberus troops with a mech.
  • Wrex and Shepard shake hands. Bros 'til the end.
  • Mordin singing, knowing he's going to die. It made me feel sick.
  • Grunt coming out of the tunnels barely alive.
  • Cerberus attack the Citadel.
  • Legion referring to himself as "I" before he kills himself.
  • Ending the war between the Quarian and Geth.
  • Garrus and Joker cracking jokes in the cockpit.
  • Overhearing Kenneth talk to Gabby about EDI hahah.
  • A little friendly competition with Garrus.
  • Saying a prayer for Thane, when Thane really meant the prayer for Shepard.
  • Losing Thessia.
  • Renegading Kai Leng.
  • Walking in on Garrus and Tali.
  • Vega asking Javik if he has any jokes.
  • Vega and Garrus trading stories, trying to prove which one is a bigger badass.
  • Finding Ashley hungover in the corner of the observation room.
  • Tali getting wasted at the bar.
  • Ash reciting a verse from Invictus.
  • Legion offering to help Garrus with gun calibrations.
  • Seeing how the geth uprising started.
  • Discovering just how messed up Sanctuary is.
  • Touching the Salarian's computer over and over and over. And over.
  • The batarian terrorist from Bring Down the Sky sticking a gun in my back.
  • Talking to Conrad Verner about how guns use thermal clips now.
  • Jenna, the undercover operative I saved from ME1, saving Conrad Verner's life.
  • Vega and Cortez debating the merits of the mako and the hammerhead.
  • Fighting through the streets of London while the cannon is shaking the earth.
  • Getting blasted by Harbinger and seeing Shepard all messed up.

There's probably more hahah wow.

I think that's the really URGH thing is that 99% of this game is downright amazing. Like objectively stunning and grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"