The Official Metal Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking of getting Ground Zeroes, how is it compared to MGS3/4?

Well, it's a much shorter game for one thing, it's the prologue (or demo, if you want to be super cynical) to The Phantom Pain, and you can easily clear the main mission in a few hours, though there's lots of side missions to do. They've reworked several things around, like the controllers. It's good, though, if you enjoy 4 you might as well get GZ. I think it's easily worth the $20 you can probably find it for now.

It goes on sale for way less than $20 pretty often too. I thiiiink it's just £5 on EU PSN at the moment.

I really can see GZ being a Plus title in August or September

So I was thinking of getting Ground Zeroes, how is it compared to MGS3/4?

If you're the type of person who considers a game to be "finished" when the credits start rolling, steer clear as it's a huge waste of money. The main campaign is only like two hours, and that's if you're really taking your time.

However, if you're the type of person who can enjoy a game beyond story progress, then I totally think it's worth the asking price. As Tron said there are a number of side missions to do that are pretty fun to mess around with.

Also, for what it's worth, there are some bonuses in Phantom Pain if you played Ground Zeroes.

I half expect it to be a Plus/Games With Gold title over the summer.

Do they have retail games on there, though?

If you're the type of person who considers a game to be "finished" when the credits start rolling, steer clear as it's a huge waste of money. The main campaign is only like two hours, and that's if you're really taking your time.

However, if you're the type of person who can enjoy a game beyond story progress, then I totally think it's worth the asking price. As Tron said there are a number of side missions to do that are pretty fun to mess around with.

Also, for what it's worth, there are some bonuses in Phantom Pain if you played Ground Zeroes.

I've probably spent 300-400 hours on Fallout 3 and New Vegas just wandering around. :D Sounds like I might pick it up since I see it's something like $20 on amazon right now.

GZ is worth hours of contents. The replay value is high. Granted, you can finish the main mission in 10 minutes, but if you take the time to listen to the tapes, find the badges, do the side missions, play like a ghost.... you will spend a lot of time in omega camp.

Well, this has come to light about the whole Konami/Kojima split. Keep in mind, take this with a grain of salt and all, because it comes with a voice actress associated with the project, so how much she'd truly know is questionable, but Donna Burke is saying that Kojima was "fired" by Konami. Maybe not super surprising considering, but it's not been clear yet whether or not this was a case of Konami actually showing Kojima the door, or one of Kojima simply leaving due to changes in the company structure. This is really the first "insider", so to speak, who has spoken about it. Again, though, she may not really know and is going off heresay, but she's the first one with ties to the situation to speak out.

2015-04-0914_38_06-doeqpkm.png

2015-04-0914_39_45-do6yres.png

I suspect after MGSV releases, there will be a tell all interview with Kojima, probably with Geoff Keighley.

EDIT: Well, Konami's PR jumped on that quick.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/metal...nami_says_metal_gear_solid_voice_actress.html

They say what Burke is saying is "categorically incorrect."

Last edited:
Why does it feel like video game legends never leave on good terms?

Well, Ono seems to have left Capcom under good terms, so there's that. I guess he's really only a legend to fighting game fans, though.

I don't know, it's probably just a classic case of creative drive rubbing against changing business. Hard to find a compromise there more often than not.

Do they have retail games on there, though?

Who? Plus and Gold? Deals with Gold has retail games ALL the time. I just bought Lego Marvel for 5 bucks. Diablo is on there now for 20 I think. PS Plus has the same type of deal.

In regards to their freebies..Not as often, but if they are they tend to be games 30 or less... GZ falls into that.

I was only talking about freebies. I thought they stopped giving out full retail titles on those services

I don't think so. Rayman was just given out on XBGWG last month.. I think they'll be few and far between.. but they'll be there for special occasions I'd imagine.

in december, we got injustice ultimae edition on ps4.

Ok these are from over the weekend oh I see tron put it up already but gamer news sites just started to notice it.

Well the latter part of what I just posted below is a little more fresh.

In what feels like the culmination of drama between legendary auteur game designer Hideo Kojima and developer Konami — including his departure from the highly-anticipated Silent Hills and Konami removing ‘A Hideo Kojima Game’ from the cover of Metal Gear Solid’s legacy collection box art — Kojima has reportedly been fired from Konami. These words come from voice actress Donna Burke. It’s unclear how privy Burke is to the inner workings of Konami, so this could simply be unsubstantiated rumors. However, it does fall into place with the friction Kojima has been having with Konami.
“It’s been out in the media for weeks, but it’s true,” Burke said of the situation on Twitter, “Don’t throw away the Kojima team’s work over the last five years because upper-management fired a genius.”
It’s hard to say what the future holds for either, or if the two will ever make peace, but, considering the power Kojima’s name holds, he probably will not remain unemployed for long.
Also with

source: Operation Rainfall & GI

Last edited:
The voice actress thing didn't happen over the weekend. As you can see, I posted about that on Thursday.

10 th leading in the week end is just over week end cause it lead into it. Most people see it as the start of fun time which the weekend is . Friday is still happy day for most.

but also I just stated I saw what you post correct what I said move on to the game informer article

It was the 9th actually, but okay, I guess.

yeah well I was talking about the time the gamer news sites that bothered with it took notice of it not when she posted it. Other wise I would have said so. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"