The Official Metal Gear Thread

Makes sure you play every yellow side op first and foremost, and after that just keep playing side ops. They will unlock eventually.

Yea right after I posted I finished a side ops and was treated to more story and some new missions

Plus get Quiets bond levels with snake maxed out for mission 45.

But please for the love of Kojima don't forget to put a butterfly in your emblem BEFORE you complete mission 45, you'll thank me for it later and i had to learn it the hard way.

Yea iv had max buddy with Quiet the entire game almost.

Cool. Iv read NOT to have that butterfly in the emblem? Weird.

Oh yeah, that's right, you do need to have Quiet's bond with Snake maxed out for mission 45 to show up. What's this about the butterfly emblem, though?

Well after mission 43 alot of players realise that they dont have quiet as a buddy anymore and after you complete that mission it makes since, but there is a way to keep quiet as a buddy after mission 43 which is to simply put a butterfly design on your emblem before you finish Mission 41 otherwise you lose her forever and there's no way to get her back to diamond dogs which is annoying.

I had to learn that the hard way and now i can never get her back. :csad:

Wow, thanks for letting us know. Would have pissed me off for sure to lose her.

Co-op sounds good on paper, I know, but I was pretty underwhelmed with it in PW, whereas I had a lot of fun with MGO and MGO2. I probably won't play it a lot, but I'm sure I'll have some good times with it.

2015-09-1705_25_29-tgl2aqq.png

Cc9K0Re.png

2015-09-1705_25_23-tgx8swr.png

FlakyWigglyBackswimmer.gif

adding a bit with an article from Siliconera and another article from Game Informer on what should be added to the game

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Getting D-Horse Armor DLC. September 17, 2015 . 12:30pm

Konami revealed Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain costume DLC for male and female soldiers, as well as D-Horse, at the Tokyo Game Show.
[YT]argaOHOh4kM[/YT]
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Solid Online are on display at Konami’s booth at the Tokyo Game Show. Stage presentations are being held to show off DLC for the game. The pack announced at the event consists of outfits for male and female soldiers, as well as D-Horse armor.

Male characters will receive three costumes for use in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. They will be able to buy a tuxedo, a sneaking suit, or jungle fatigues. Female players will have two jumpsuit outfits, based on outfits worn by EVA and Big Boss. There will also be two kinds of armor for D-Horse, one of which cuts his mane short so it looks a little like a mohawk.

Konami has yet to reveal release date for the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain costume DLC revealed at the Tokyo Game Show. It also hasn’t said if the costumes will be sold separately or in packs.

Read more stories about Konami & Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on Siliconera.

and from GameInfomer

source: Siliconera & GI

As for me I'm always for Co -op but I did notice most Japanese studio's and publisher's from Japan, if they bother to venture with co-op they seem to try to be overly unique with it cause they want to stand out.

So that maybe the reason here or they just didn't think about with this.

Well after mission 43 alot of players realise that they dont have quiet as a buddy anymore and after you complete that mission it makes since, but there is a way to keep quiet as a buddy after mission 43 which is to simply put a butterfly design on your emblem before you finish Mission 41 otherwise you lose her forever and there's no way to get her back to diamond dogs which is annoying.

I had to learn that the hard way and now i can never get her back. :csad:

Wait, I never had a butterfly in my emblem and I never lost quiet as a buddy. I just unlocked side ops 150(I think) and then mission 45 and 46 have appeared.

Wait, I never had a butterfly in my emblem and I never lost quiet as a buddy. I just unlocked side ops 150(I think) and then mission 45 and 46 have appeared.

Are you sure? You should've gotten a message from Ocelot saying she's vanished at this point. And mission 45 shouldn't have unlocked before finishing side op 150.

Are you sure? You should've gotten a message from Ocelot saying she's vanished at this point. And mission 45 shouldn't have unlocked before finishing side op 150.

Yea I got that notice, then went to the side ops where she had disappeared, then from there it threw me straight into another mission. But I haven't beat that yet.

Edit. Yea I think I f***ed up, based on that cut scene.

Edit.
From what I'm reading her departure is supposed to happen, that if you keep her you can't get the 100% completion. Christ im so confused

Last edited:
I've only played a couple of the games prior but I'm really, really enjoying this one. Just tons of fun, literally because there's so much to do at all times. It feels like Kojima took criticisms of MSG4 to heart and made a game that is gameplay-first, story-second rather than the other way around. And the story, at least from what I've experienced, is so much more streamlined and cohesive than anything in that prior game. Snake Eater has been my high water mark for the series but this one may usurp it depending on how the narrative plays out. As far as gameplay goes it's not even close. This is the best.

Finished the game. HIGHLY disappointing overall, ecspecially considering this is it for the series. Now I still loved the game(I mean it's f'ing Metal Gear) but it felt like this saga went out with a thud vs a bang. Now this could be due to the fact I'm still grieving that my time with this saga is over, but still I just didn't have the emotional connection with this game that I did with Kojimas previous console outing. But as I said, I loved it and agree this game had the best gameplay of em all.

But question, as I'm trying to tie this game to the others:

Ok so the kid in the gas mask? Psycho mantis?
Is Venom Snake the "Big Boss" that Solid Snake defeated in the Outer Heaven uprising?

Finished the game. HIGHLY disappointing overall, ecspecially considering this is it for the series. Now I still loved the game(I mean it's f'ing Metal Gear) but it felt like this saga went out with a thud vs a bang. Now this could be due to the fact I'm still grieving that my time with this saga is over, but still I just didn't have the emotional connection with this game that I did with Kojimas previous console outing. But as I said, I loved it and agree this game had the best gameplay of em all.

But question, as I'm trying to tie this game to the others:

Ok so the kid in the gas mask? Psycho mantis?
Is Venom Snake the "Big Boss" that Solid Snake defeated in the Outer Heaven uprising?
Yes, and yes.

The game really is a mixed bag of awesomeness, unfinished story and half-baked gameplay elements.

1) Why do we have SO MANY weapons and customization options, but don't have a shooting range on the mother-flipping-base? It's really frustrating to test your load-out on the field...
2) Why is wormhole allowed on FOB? You can't prevent your resources and soldiers to be stolen. Completely kills the idea of shooting down balls.
3) Already mentioned Eli story wrap up.
4) What do higher difficulty missions do in main ops list? Like they're a mandatory to complete? Put them into some sub-menu for interested.
5) Why do people need to grind optional stuff to continue the story?
6) Mother Base is vast, but empty. There's literally nothing to do, nothing to interact with. You can't organize the space, outfit it with some stuff, build it personally, it's just... there.
7) They wasted so much time creating dozens of filler missions, they forgot to wrap important story bits. Gameplay and internal economics model got in the way of story big time.
8) [BLACKOUT]Shame that it's impossible to create a female protagonist... I know, I know, the story and stuff. But that would be really funny if Medic just changed his gender too.[/BLACKOUT]
9) [BLACKOUT]Quiet leaves forever? It's sci-fi. Find a way to bring her back. Because, it's stupid to cut her out since the game is designed to have great replay value.[/BLACKOUT]

For starters...

How do you get Quiet to follow you? When I take her out with me, she does her thing but when Im ready to move on, she just stays camped out instead of following me to a new destination

How do you get Quiet to follow you? When I take her out with me, she does her thing but when Im ready to move on, she just stays camped out instead of following me to a new destination
iDroid -> 3rd panel -> Buddy Support -> Quiet (Scout) or (Attack) and choose destination on the map.

9) [BLACKOUT]Quiet leaves forever? It's sci-fi. Find a way to bring her back. Because, it's stupid to cut her out since the game is designed to have great replay value.[/BLACKOUT]

I've heard this complaint before but [BLACKOUT] I really think Quiet's ending made perfect narrative sense and adds to the tragedy of Venom Snake's story and really surmised the key themes of the game, the pain of having something or someone taken from you and the ache their absence leaves. Perhaps another Diamond Dogs sniper could have been included after the fact, but Quiet herself was done. [/BLACKOUT]

You can also just open the Map, and then press up/down on your D-pad. That way you can also issue commands like Quiet Scouting/Attacking, Helicopter pick up, supply drops, etc.

[BLACKOUT]I understand it's a very nice narrative move. I like her ending and I like the story overall. But the game isn't designed as a linear adventure with a final ending, after which you have to start all over. You have to replay missions, get better ranking, open weapons, outfits and so on. Cutting out Quiet like that = poor game design. Also, I don't think she can be replaced. What about her super-human abilities? OH, maybe you could brainwash a female borg sniper to use as your own. :jd: [/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
iDroid -> 3rd panel -> Buddy Support -> Quiet (Scout) or (Attack) and choose destination on the map.

You can also just open the Map, and then press up/down on your D-pad. That way you can also issue commands like Quiet Scouting/Attacking, Helicopter pick up, supply drops, etc.

thanks. It was frustrating me how bad of a buddy she was....lol. Like come on girl, lets go

I even finished the game without learning how to use her properly... :doh: But even so, she was a huge help in some missions.

I also hoped to get alternate costume for Quiet with her prologue haircut. Loved it.

thanks. It was frustrating me how bad of a buddy she was....lol. Like come on girl, lets go

Yeah, same here. First time I used her, I was wondering why I couldn't issue any commands. When I couldn't find them on the command wheel, I thought maybe my bond with her had to grow first, before she listens to me. Obviously that didn't work either and only later I found out that I had to issue orders through the idroid. And I didn't found that out myself either. Had to look it up online.

[BLACKOUT]I understand it's a very nice narrative move. I like her ending and I like the story overall. But the game isn't designed as a linear adventure with a final ending, after which you have to start all over. You have to replay missions, get better ranking, open weapons, outfits and so on. Cutting out Quiet like that = poor game design. Also, I don't think she can be replaced. What about her super-human abilities? OH, maybe you could brainwash a female borg sniper to use as your own. :jd: [/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]Toss in some plastic surgery and a boob job are we're good.[/BLACKOUT] :sly:

You know if this wasn't the last Metal Gear game a fewer people would have been disappointed.

You know if this wasn't the last Metal Gear game a fewer people would have been disappointed.

Oh I agree. That's prob why I was left dissapointed. This is still a great game, but I thought it fell a tad short compared to other Metal Gear games and being the fact that, this is it.

How do you defeat the [BLACKOUT]Skull Unit[/BLACKOUT] in Episode 16? [BLACKOUT]Ive blown up the two tanks. I have a jeep which I use to crash into the truck and then they jump out and ambush me.[/BLACKOUT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"