The Official Mjolnir Thread

Looked cool to me. More metallic than the stone look it has in the comics, but still good overall.

I don't know how you can think it looks metallic, especially next to the other weapons in the film. It looks plastic. Not sure why they didn't make the top a flat surface, because the button like thing on top just makes it look even more fake.

The shot that bothers me the most is when he lifts it above his head in front of his soldiers and it moves like a child's toy in his hands.

Well, I'm not sure how you can think it looks plastic, 'cause it looks metallic to me. Brushed, blunt metal, not chrome or shiny.

Well, I'm not sure how you can think it looks plastic, 'cause it looks metallic to me. Brushed, blunt metal, not chrome or shiny.

Brushed, blunt metal, doesn't look hollow. It has weight to it. It looks like someone made a mock up hammer and in their attempt to make it look "real" they painted it.

The look isn't helped by how both Thor and Odin handle it.

Fair enough. I'm just saying, though, to my eye, it doesn't look like a plastic or hollow toy. I'm sure it'll look even less so when Thor's using it in battle with lightning shooting out of it and such.

I don't know how much weight it should look like it has if it's wielded by a guy who can throw subway cars.

It looked like it had some decent weight in the shot of Thor throwing it to me.

Saw that part a number of times. We'll just have to agree to disagree, 'cause it doesn't look like a toy to me at all. It looks almost exactly like the Mjolnir I'm familiar with, ripped from the pages of the comics.

Does the head seem too big to anyone?

That one sequence where Thor flies toward someone and swings Mjolnir looked like he was swinging a box on a stick.

Does the head seem too big to anyone?

That one sequence where Thor flies toward someone and swings Mjolnir looked like he was swinging a box on a stick.
heh Looks mighty to me. Actually the mallet head looks larger than my Mjolnir prop's in that scene now that you mention it.

maybe one day we will get to see mjolnir and stormbreaker together.
i can't wait to see mjolnir do it's thing. lightning, and returning after its been thrown, gonna be awesome. not to mention seeing thor spinning it or opening a portal. maybe after thor gets mjolnir back on earth he will open a portal to get back to asgard.

Well in one of the interviews Chris said there's no Spinning of Mjolnir, it was to hard to do, I don't think it had to do with FX tho.

The physics involved in spinning an object that's shape doesn't lend itself being aerodynamic won't look right. I just hope he flies which it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

Well in one of the interviews Chris said there's no Spinning of Mjolnir, it was to hard to do, I don't think it had to do with FX tho.

Yeah, when I looked at Mjolnir (which looks almost identical to the comics counterpart), I didn't think that it could be spin like it could in the comics, because comic books obviously never have to obey the law of physics. I don't think it's a big deal if Thor doesn't spin Mjolnir, personally.

It'll be a shame to never see Thor spin Mjolnir around himself and create a portal like he does in the comics. Other than that, I'm not too broken up that he won't spin it.

There has to be a way to do it with CGI.
I mean how hard is it to spin a sensor on a string and letting it go?

There has to be a way to do it with CGI.
I mean how hard is it to spin a sensor on a string and letting it go?

that's not the difficult part, the difficult part is making the take off (before he flies) look convincing. if wires yank him off the floor he will look weightless, if he jumps off the floor himself it may look all wrong. also actions like using the hammer in 'helecopter' mode may look ridiculous. I think the hammer swinging flying is going to be diffiucult to make look convining.

He didn't do it in the Ultimates Movie and I also don't think he was spinning it to fly in the Hulk VS movie. I'm fine without it. I always thought that it would look goofy in real life anyway.

Ultimate Thor's a different character from the regular Thor, so I wouldn't really count him as evidence either way. I'm pretty sure he did spin the hammer to fly in Hulk vs., though.

im hoping they do add the spinning, or else why put the strap. last time i looked hammers don't have straps.

Ultimate Thor's a different character from the regular Thor, so I wouldn't really count him as evidence either way. I'm pretty sure he did spin the hammer to fly in Hulk vs., though.

I just skipped through the Movie, I saw him swing it in one scene for a quick take off, otherwise I haven't seen him spin it around and go into helicopter mode. He even floated a few times even without the hammer in hand.

The only time I saw him spinning it, is when he traveled between hell and Asgard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"