The Official Mjolnir Thread

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Anubis Raptor, Apr 28, 2010.

?

What do you think of the Mjolnir for the film?

1. AWESOME!!!

2. Pretty cool.

3. Meh...

4. I hate it!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Looked cool to me. More metallic than the stone look it has in the comics, but still good overall.

2. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I don't know how you can think it looks metallic, especially next to the other weapons in the film. It looks plastic. Not sure why they didn't make the top a flat surface, because the button like thing on top just makes it look even more fake.

The shot that bothers me the most is when he lifts it above his head in front of his soldiers and it moves like a child's toy in his hands.

3. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Well, I'm not sure how you can think it looks plastic, 'cause it looks metallic to me. Brushed, blunt metal, not chrome or shiny.

4. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Brushed, blunt metal, doesn't look hollow. It has weight to it. It looks like someone made a mock up hammer and in their attempt to make it look "real" they painted it.

The look isn't helped by how both Thor and Odin handle it.

5. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Fair enough. I'm just saying, though, to my eye, it doesn't look like a plastic or hollow toy. I'm sure it'll look even less so when Thor's using it in battle with lightning shooting out of it and such.

6. Whiskey Tango Registered

I don't know how much weight it should look like it has if it's wielded by a guy who can throw subway cars.

7. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

It looked like it had some decent weight in the shot of Thor throwing it to me.

8. Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

i want that mjolnir toy :D

9. Vartha Mod of Thunder

heh as do I. :D

10. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Watch when Odin points it at Thor and it shakes in his hands.

11. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Saw that part a number of times. We'll just have to agree to disagree, 'cause it doesn't look like a toy to me at all. It looks almost exactly like the Mjolnir I'm familiar with, ripped from the pages of the comics.

12. Asgard Kanga Fu

Does the head seem too big to anyone?

That one sequence where Thor flies toward someone and swings Mjolnir looked like he was swinging a box on a stick.

13. Vartha Mod of Thunder

heh Looks mighty to me. Actually the mallet head looks larger than my Mjolnir prop's in that scene now that you mention it.

14. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

maybe one day we will get to see mjolnir and stormbreaker together.
    i can't wait to see mjolnir do it's thing. lightning, and returning after its been thrown, gonna be awesome. not to mention seeing thor spinning it or opening a portal. maybe after thor gets mjolnir back on earth he will open a portal to get back to asgard.

15. First Avenger Registered

Hopefully he'll fly too!

16. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well in one of the interviews Chris said there's no Spinning of Mjolnir, it was to hard to do, I don't think it had to do with FX tho.

17. marcvader Lurker #1

The physics involved in spinning an object that's shape doesn't lend itself being aerodynamic won't look right. I just hope he flies which it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

18. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Yeah, when I looked at Mjolnir (which looks almost identical to the comics counterpart), I didn't think that it could be spin like it could in the comics, because comic books obviously never have to obey the law of physics. I don't think it's a big deal if Thor doesn't spin Mjolnir, personally.

19. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

It'll be a shame to never see Thor spin Mjolnir around himself and create a portal like he does in the comics. Other than that, I'm not too broken up that he won't spin it.

20. Vartha Mod of Thunder

There has to be a way to do it with CGI.
    I mean how hard is it to spin a sensor on a string and letting it go?

21. spider-neil spins a web any size!

that's not the difficult part, the difficult part is making the take off (before he flies) look convincing. if wires yank him off the floor he will look weightless, if he jumps off the floor himself it may look all wrong. also actions like using the hammer in 'helecopter' mode may look ridiculous. I think the hammer swinging flying is going to be diffiucult to make look convining.

22. Nathan Registered

He didn't do it in the Ultimates Movie and I also don't think he was spinning it to fly in the Hulk VS movie. I'm fine without it. I always thought that it would look goofy in real life anyway.

23. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Ultimate Thor's a different character from the regular Thor, so I wouldn't really count him as evidence either way. I'm pretty sure he did spin the hammer to fly in Hulk vs., though.

24. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

im hoping they do add the spinning, or else why put the strap. last time i looked hammers don't have straps.

25. Nathan Registered

I just skipped through the Movie, I saw him swing it in one scene for a quick take off, otherwise I haven't seen him spin it around and go into helicopter mode. He even floated a few times even without the hammer in hand.

The only time I saw him spinning it, is when he traveled between hell and Asgard.