The Official Mjolnir Thread

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Anubis Raptor, Apr 28, 2010.

?

What do you think of the Mjolnir for the film?

1. AWESOME!!!

2. Pretty cool.

3. Meh...

4. I hate it!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

DUDE that rocks! I do Scratch model building and you are very good! Gives me ideas for my Gungnir. lol

2. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

on the iron man 2 blu ray disc 2 i found a neat little easter egg of the easter egg from the film. it is after the credits of the ultimate making of iron man 2, just like the scene is after the credits of the movie. shows the filming of the mjolnir scene from iron man 2 on the thor set. kenneth branagh talks about thor, and we see jms there too. jms talks about the scene and it even shows him trying to lift mjolnir. i guess it will be his cameo in the thor movie.

you have to select play all or it wont appear. under ultimate making of iron man 2 on disc 2 select play all and you can either watch the whole thing and wait till after the credits for it or just skip to chapter 6 to watch it.

3. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Ooh, I was on the fence about buying the IM 2 blu-ray after it turned out the Comic-Con footage might not be on there, but the Branagh/JMS thing sounds cool too.

4. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I'll buy it eventually because I enjoyed the movie. I love all the little easter eggs in the film. :D

5. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

yea now you can watch them in order, iron man 1&2 then the incredible hulk. will give new perspective. just curious if thor will add even more to the incredible hulk story. i know it wasnt him in that scene in the cave. i just think that maybe thor created the storm to keep the army away so maybe it will be thrown in. i think thor is set during TIH

6. Son of Thunder

Son of Thunder Registered

Thought I'd share my updated Mjolnir. Had to resculpt parts of the head and decided to resculpted the whole head of the hammer, covering the Sculpty with QuikSteel. I was more aggressive with the weathering this time so the head looks positively ancient and the weight and sturdiness is much improved. Here are some pics of version 2...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Comparisons with version 1 (left)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#356 Son of Thunder, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  7. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

mjolnir was awesome. wish they would have shown it being created though.

i assume thor didn't create any portals is because he didn't know and odin didn't tell thor about mjolnir being able to create interdimensional portals since he would probably go off and fight whenever he wanted in whatever realm. though now that the portal to midgard is closed and thor is more mature maybe odin will reveal that to him in the avengers, so he can help the mortals.

8. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I agree, I'd love for Thor to be able to open portals with Mjolnir in the Avengers and Thor's sequels.

9. Flemm

Flemm Registered

It's an ability I could see being added at some point for plot-related reasons. I could also see it being a more extreme tactic in the movies, instead of something that Thor does casually.

10. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Of course, but by the third Thor film and later on in the Avengers films he should be able to use it pretty casually.

11. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i think it should just be like his twirl, but a bigger arc he has to movie his arm in a circle too to make it big enough to walk through. don't think it should be something that drains him, just let it be as easy as his twirl. doesn't mean he has to use it all the time, just to travel great distances instantly, or go realm to realm. he can still fly most of the time.

12. Flemm

Flemm Registered

I think it depends on where they want to go with the story, honestly. It could potentially be bad in a lot of scenarios to trivialize travel between the various worlds. But, on the other hand, it might eventually become a desirable thing to facilitate the plot, as is often the case in the comics.

13. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Definately, it should be used sparringly and only when neccessary.

14. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i don't think it would trivialize travel, just allow thor to do what he is supposed to be able to do. i figured he was too immature to be told about or given this power up until this point. he might have rushed off half cocked to fight. now he is more level headed and mature so he will use it sparingly.

15. DieSmiling

DieSmiling Can't Be Stopped

Stupid question, but how do you phonetically pronounce Mjolnir?

16. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

me-yull-near

17. Flemm

Flemm Registered

The j is like a y, basically. The "ir" rimes with year.

18. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Me-yoll-near

EDIT: Beaten to the punch! Twice! :argh:

19. Flemm

Flemm Registered

Well, it is the Thor forum :cwink:

20. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

There should be a sticky on norse pronunciation.

21. irapogi

irapogi Registered

nope ;)
    The culver footage is shown at the end of iron man 2 in the shield meeting, then coulson finding the hammer is after the credits, unless the entire thor and tih happened aftr coulson leftstark and before stark got debriefed?

22. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

The "J" as "Y" applies to Jotunhiem as well.

23. Kryptonian Warrior

Kryptonian Warrior The Dawn Is Upon Us

I think that it's pronounced like this....MJ (reference to Mary Jane Watson from Spiderman cause this is the Marvel Universe)-ya'll near. So MJ-y'all-near.........DUH!! :hehe:

I know I know, a lame attempt at a joke.

24. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

25. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i figured the hulk university scene(culver) happened during the day of the stark expo.
    then the end if iron man 2 is the next day, after the expo, stark is with fury, the culver footage is on the screen. at the end of credits we see coulson in NM this is the scene in thor's beginning when he arrives on earth. at the end of TIH tony shows up on shields behalf i believe. at the end of thor fury shows up. so this means that stark was sent to look into the hulk situation and fury and shield went after thor since fury probably knows more about the cosmic landscape or because shield was already there investigating mjolnir.

so i figure the ending of iron man 2 is when the hulk is already happening, obviously since the university footage is on the screen in iron man 2, and thor is probably within a day of the end of TIH. like maybe the night the hulk fights abomination is the night that jane hit thor with her car

#375 misjuevos, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011