The Official Mjolnir Thread

MAN I can't wait to sit down and Watch all these films back to back.

Hey Vartha, will you be going to a midnight showing Thursday?

No I'll be in the middle of a shift at work. Tho I WILL be first in line for the first show that day. lol EASY since all the kids are in School and most folks are at work at noon. lol

I was happy to see that they utilized Mjolnir pretty good! Both as a weapon and a tool, even as a plot device, one can feel its importance and its power (the thud that it makes when it if left on the floor is amazing!) throughout the movie.

I don't want to write more, since many haven't seen the movie in the States, but be ready to be pleasantly surprised!

DP - sorry!

Last edited:
the visual effect used for displaying Mjolnir might was a huge delight . I loved seeing Mjolnir brought to life from Thor welding it , to the throw , to the twirling and even when it's laying in the crater.

i figured the hulk university scene(culver) happened during the day of the stark expo.
then the end if iron man 2 is the next day, after the expo, stark is with fury, the culver footage is on the screen. at the end of credits we see coulson in NM this is the scene in thor's beginning when he arrives on earth. at the end of TIH tony shows up on shields behalf i believe. at the end of thor fury shows up. so this means that stark was sent to look into the hulk situation and fury and shield went after thor since fury probably knows more about the cosmic landscape or because shield was already there investigating mjolnir.

so i figure the ending of iron man 2 is when the hulk is already happening, obviously since the university footage is on the screen in iron man 2, and thor is probably within a day of the end of TIH. like maybe the night the hulk fights abomination is the night that jane hit thor with her car

It'd be pretty cool if that scene in TIH where he screams at the thunder is connected to Thor somehow since I remember the rumor that people saw Mjolnir falling in the background.

Meow-Meow ...

Corny weapon, but that's the material's fault.

I guess they did about as well as they could.

Oh. We have a hater/troll here.
Probably a frustrated hulk fan. :D

Heh, I chuckled at the "meow-meow" part. Listening to Hemsworth say it the second time I watched the movie, I don't think I would've been able to figure out what he was actually saying if I didn't already know the word, either. :)

Oh. We have a hater/troll here.
Nah ... at the end of the day I was just indifferent about the film. Entertaining in parts, but not extremely memorable by any means. Wasn't bad, just wasn't good / great. Middle of the road.

Yeah, she annoyed me a bit in the trailers, but I think that was just because it was so much of her concentrated into a short time. Spread out over the course of the movie, she was pretty solid comedy support.

It'd be pretty cool if that scene in TIH where he screams at the thunder is connected to Thor somehow since I remember the rumor that people saw Mjolnir falling in the background.

According to Kevin Feige that's exactly what it represents .

Last edited:
Ok heres my question about Mjolnir, is it the source of all his powers? Because in the comics Mjolnir only gives him weather control, flight, and interdemisional teleportaion while tho retains his asgardian strength, speed and durability? my question is does the hammer grant him all of his powers including his physical attributes? And does its loss make him completely mortal?

Hey Guys, i know this is somewhat off topic but I bought the toy hammer for my son today and we noticed some runes along the top cap of the hammer. My son was wondering what it meant. I checked out some websites on norse symbology and decoded the phrase. The literal translation on the top of the hammer is "He who wields this hammer commands the lightning and the storm" . It would appear, at least from the research that I did, That they actually misspelled the word "who" on the top the hammer, it is actually spelt "woh". just figured that it may come up at some point and figured I would share what I found out.

Isn't that somewhat impossible since the location of the storm in TIH and the one in Thor are in places very far from each other?

Ok heres my question about Mjolnir, is it the source of all his powers? Because in the comics Mjolnir only gives him weather control, flight, and interdemisional teleportaion while tho retains his asgardian strength, speed and durability? my question is does the hammer grant him all of his powers including his physical attributes? And does its loss make him completely mortal?
Its loss in this movie's case made him completely mortal, but that may have been because Odin specifically took all his powers when he banished Thor and bound them to the hammer with that magic symbol. Not really sure whether losing the hammer in the movies would make him lose all of his powers normally because all we have to go on is this one movie, and it never came up here.

Hey Guys, i know this is somewhat off topic but I bought the toy hammer for my son today and we noticed some runes along the top cap of the hammer. My son was wondering what it meant. I checked out some websites on norse symbology and decoded the phrase. The literal translation on the top of the hammer is "He who wields this hammer commands the lightning and the storm" . It would appear, at least from the research that I did, That they actually misspelled the word "who" on the top the hammer, it is actually spelt "woh". just figured that it may come up at some point and figured I would share what I found out.
Cool. I didn't know the runes on the hammer actually meant anything.

Isn't that somewhat impossible since the location of the storm in TIH and the one in Thor are in places very far from each other?

Is like to see where Feige says that.

I too would love to see KF's comment on that.

To be honest, while I'm well aware of all what was said by some fans at the time of the 'lightning link' [some also tried to claim previously that the lightning/energy discharge from the Arc Reactor at the end of IM was Thor related too!!!], there were people who said that they could see Luke Cage and Spider-Man/Daredevil in TIH as well. :doh:

So I'm talking a big pinch of salt to that until evidence to the contrary; Fiege actually confirming that it was would be great.

It's not the same, though. Everyone knows all lightning that has ever happened, ever, came from Thor. I mean, that's just common knowledge. :o :o :o

Yup it's in a thread in the Thor World forum
Mjolnirtoptranslated.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"