The Official Mjolnir Thread

Yeah the bootleg image looked nothing like the theatre image.

Fail.

Mjolnir looks so bad-ass. It was my favorite scene in IM2.

Very much looking forward to seeing Mjolnir in better detail. I wish the scene lingered on Mjolnir a bit longer. It panned down and then went to black after the hammer was visible for like barely a second. MUST SEE MORE! :csad:

Anyone else love the theme that played when the camera panned out to show Thor's hammer? Gave me chills.

Didn't even notice it. I'll have to pay more attention to the sound than the visuals next time I see IM 2.

Very much looking forward to seeing Mjolnir in better detail. I wish the scene lingered on Mjolnir a bit longer. It panned down and then went to black after the hammer was visible for like barely a second. MUST SEE MORE! :csad:
I'm hoping now that many people have seen IM2 we'll at least get more pics

yea will be great to have more clear shots of the hammer so we can look over and over at all the details.

Well Coipel's Mjolonir has a short handle. My prop I THINK is around a foot in length

It looked great. Very true to the comics. it seems they're going moreso in that direction than I thought.

1) It looked very plastic...not like stone or metal.
2) Haft looked very thin and very short. I'm not saying make it full-on unwieldy Kirby style but JEEZ.

Those gripes aside it's very cool that we're going to get all these guys on the big screen. I hope Thor's helmet is a carbon copy from the comics!

2) Haft looked very thin and very short. I'm not saying make it full-on unwieldy Kirby style but JEEZ.

Those gripes aside it's very cool that we're going to get all these guys on the big screen. I hope Thor's helmet is a carbon copy from the comics!

:cmad:

I was wondering if the 'text' around the edges of the hammer were the 'Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor' statement? allbeit in a different language?

Just a thought.

Hey, maybe the ancient Norse gods invented plastic and that's why Thor is sent to Midgard, to take back all the plastic as it is a godly material and should not be in the hands of men.

Is it just me or does the handle look a lil short.
Can't really tell because we have nothing to compare its scale to. It looks like it's in the right proportion to the hammer's head, at least. But we'll have to see someone put there hand on it to get a sense of how long or short the handle is in relation to a person. So long as Thor can fit both hands on it comfortably, I'd say it's about right. I don't like it when Mjolnir's handle is barely long enough for Thor to fit one hand on, even though its handle is supposed to be shorter than it should be for myth-specific reasons.

It looked as much like metal to me as Iron Man's armor did in the film...

yea isnt in most comics the handle is short/medium size.

So do u think he'll carry it slung to his belt or on his back like in the current series. I kinda like the way he has it on his back

i would say slung to belt would look alot better.

It had a metallic look to it. Much more futuristic than I was expecting. There seemed to be some random lines on the side of it.

is this design just fav version of mjolnir? you think branagh's mjolnir will differ? not sure the time between thor concept and release of iron man 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"