Playstation The Official PS4 Thread - Part 13

hqdefault.jpg

The First 5 - PS4 Games To Pick Up! - Electric Playground

1.5K views 17 hours ago Published on 12/20/2018
#First5 #PlayStation4 #HorizonZeroDawn Victor Lucas breaks down his five first choices for a new PlayStation 4!

Here's the complete show below
hqdefault.jpg

Complete Rocket & Raygun Awards for 2018! - Electric Playground

625 views 21 hours ago Published on 12/23/2018
#PlayForever #RocketAndRaygunAwards #GameOfTheYear Sit back and watch the complete Rocket & Raygun Awards for 2018!

Fallowing that

1 day ago
PlayStation's Surprise Holiday Flash Sale Discounts Even More PS4 Games Before Christmas
In addition to the PlayStation Store's five-week Holiday Sale, Sony is adding even more PS4 discounts to the mix with a special Holiday Flash Sale that's now live.Read more

source:The Electric Playground Network | EPN& GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Last edited:
Bit of nostalgia and to show how far gaming graphics have come:

Tomb-Raider-group.jpg

2 days ago
PlayStation Blog Polls For The Best Game Of The Year On The PlayStation 4 Are Now Open
The year is almost over and the PlayStation Blog is conducting a Poll for players to vote for their favourite game of the year on the PlayStation 4; which isn't restricted to console exclusives.Read more

Fallowing that .

15 hours ago
Sony Are "Fools To Bypass" E3 2019 And Will Be Back Next Year, According To Michael Pachter
There's no denying that Sony's decision to skip this year's E3 expo is one of the Japanese company's most controversial announcements in a while, but Michael Pachter thinks they will be back in 2020...Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

PlayStation 4
PS4 worldwide sales top 91.6 million, Marvel’s Spider-Man sales top nine million
Published 10 hours ago. 173 comments.

More than 5.6 million units sold during the 2018 holiday season.

PS4-Sales_01-07-19.jpg

PlayStation 4 has cumulatively sold through more than 91.6 million units worldwide to consumers as of December 31, 2018, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

Here are some additional latest numbers:

• PlayStation 4 hardware sold through more than 5.6 million units worldwide during the 2018 holiday season.
  • PlayStation 4 games sold through more than 50.7 million units worldwide during the 2018 holiday season, which adds up to a total of 876 million PlayStation 4 games cumulatively sold through worldwide as of December 31, 2018.
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man, launched in September 2018, has cumulatively sold through more than nine million copies worldwide as of November 25, 2018.
“Thanks to the continued support from our fans during the holiday season, we are pleased to announce that PS4 has reached 91.6 million units globally,” Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO John Kodera said in a press release. “We are also happy to announce that the monthly active users of PlayStation Network continues to show strong growth, and has surpassed 90 million as of end of November 2018.”

Kodera continued, “I would like to express my deepest gratitude to our passionate community around the globe, and our partners, for helping us achieve these milestones. This year, we will bring more enhanced experiences to our fans along with a highly anticipated lineup of games that are only possible on PS4. As we look toward the next PS4 milestone, SIE will continue to evolve, and we will further expand the platform to deliver the best interactive entertainment experiences to the world.”

source:Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

tell me if this makes any sense, I have a PS4 Pro, and my headset is a Turtle Beach 500P Stealth 7.1 which I have been using since I got my last Fat model (uncharted trilogy bundle). For a while the headset works FLAWLESSLY but in the last few months to a year (depending on how much I use it) if I turn it on AFTER my PS4 I hear it say "power on" but I hear nothing over the headset, if I turn it off I hear "power off" etc, If I turn on the headset BEFORE my PS4 THEN I get sound no problem. Any ideas why it is doing this? for the record I have it hooked up to the rear USB port and I have the included optical running from the side of the dongle to the optical port next to said rear USB port.

EDIT I forgot to mention that the Pro I have now is my 2nd one I sold my old one to a friend and bought a new one so is there MAYBE a setting I did not enable fully when connecting it to this one?

PlayStation 4
PS4 worldwide shipments top 94.2 million
Published 4 hours ago. 81 comments.
8.1 million consoles sold in the three months ended December 31, 2018.

PS4-Shipments_02-01-19.jpg

Worldwide total shipments for PlayStation 4 have reached 94.2 million, Sony announced in its financial results for the three months ended December 31, 2018.

A total of 8.1 million PlayStation 4s were shipped during the third quarter, which is down 0.9 million from the same period the previous fiscal year.

Sony’s previous forecast of 17.5 million PlayStation 4s shipped in fiscal year 2018, which runs from April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019, remains unchanged.

Here are a couple of additional statistics:

• PlayStation Plus subscribers topped 36.3 million as of December 31, 2018, which is up 2.1 million from the previous fiscal year.
  • PlayStation 4 software sold 87.2 million units in the third quarter, which is up 0.7 million from the previous fiscal year. 37 percent of those sales were full game software digital downloads, compared to 28 percent the previous year.

it won't be long before PS4 sales cross 100m! impressive!!

it will be interesting to see if they can maintain this momentum and dominance with the PS5. probably won't be as lopsided next gen, though, with Switch as a competitor and MS on a more solid footing with Xbox.

but, in the end, it will come down to the games.

this is a rumor wait for more info please.

18 hours ago
A Rumor Now Suggests That Microsoft Is Planning On Sharing It's Xbox Game Pass With Playstation
Apparently, Microsoft is looking to give the PS4 some of its money bringer, the Xbox Game Pass. Could this lead to getting rid of console gaps and finally be able to bring all players together?Read more

wow. if this is true, might as well kiss Xbox as a console goodbye, imo.

if you own a PS4, can play all the PS4 exclusives, can play all the multi-plat games (including multi-plat games that don't come to Xbox), and now can play Xbox exclusives via Gamepass, why would you really need to buy an Xbox console? There's really no point. or, at least, there's less of an incentive to do so.

I know these are just rumors. but coupled with the similar Switch rumors, they have to be coming from somewhere.

and if they are indeed true, then to me, that just makes it more obvious that MS' ultimate plan is to exit the console hardware all together and focus on making Xbox a publisher/service brand.

just like what MS did with their Windows Phone. same pattern.

and it's not good for Xbox owners. :(

Gears of Wars and Cuphead are the only exclusives that look interesting to me. That's why I always went with Playstation. It was always a no brainer, to me.

If I had to choose one game though, that'd be Cuphead.

PlayStation 4
PS4 system software update version 6.50 now available
Published 59 mins ago. 94 comments.
Remote Play for iOS deviecs and more.
PS4-iOS-Remote-Play_03-07-19.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment has released PlayStation 4 system software update version 6.50, which adds Remote Play for iOS devices and more.

Here are the change notes:

Main Features in Version 6.50 Update

Other Features

• You can now choose 720p when you broadcast using Niconico Live. This service is available only in certain countries and regions.
  • You can now change the button assignment to perform “Enter” operations from the Circle button to the X button. Select (Settings) > [System], and then select the checkbox for [Use X Button for Enter]. This option is available only for specific countries and regions.

fallowing on yesterdays patch. it's the second segment inthe video below

hqdefault.jpg

VR Gaming Comes to Switch - The Rundown

1.1K views 15 hours ago Published on 03/07/2019
#PlayForever #Rundown #news
Today in the Rundown, we examine the first VR headset for the Nintendo Switch! We also learn how Sony is making it possible to play PS4 Games on the iPhone, find out what Marvel actor might be joining DC's Suicide Squad, have bad news for Marvel and DC on the small screen, and finally, raise a little bad place with a classic Blizzard game that has just come back from the dead!

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN

so having been playing mainly Xbox for the past 6 months, I've been playing more on my PS4 lately.

and going back to the PS4, it's amazing how much better the controller feels, especially for fighting games. And navigating the UI is so much simpler and easier on the PS4 than Xbox.

PlayStation's First 'State Of Play' Livestream Will Bring New PS4 And PlayStation VR Announcements

Sony has just announced ‘State of Play’ which is essentially its own series of livestreams (think Nintendo Direct or Inside Xbox) that will take place throughout the year to bring updates on everything PlayStation.

The first is taking place on Tuesday (March 26th) at 8am AEDT and will bring an update from upcoming PS4 and PlayStation VR games including new trailers, new game announcements and new gameplay footage. You can watch live on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter or Facebook.

With Sony recently announcing they had opted out of E3, this provides a little bit more clarify around their decision to do that, with them obviously wanting to have more controlled messaging more often throughout the year.

Interesting. What would you like to see them announce?

I'm guessing this is the same event

11 hours ago
Sony To Stream A Video Game Presentation In The Same Vein Of Nintendo's Directs
Sony will be streaming a presentation this coming Monday, where they'll make some video game announcements and software updates; taking a page from Nintendo's book.Read more

source:
GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

19 hours ago
THE SURGE And CONAN: EXILES Are Officially Coming To PlayStation Plus Next Month
Sony has officially revealed the full line-up for next month's PlayStation Plus, giving PlayStation 4 users the opportunity to play two high-profile games: Deck13's The Surge and Funcom's Conan: Exiles...Read more

Also with below

15 hours ago
Sony To Cancel Selling Of PS4 Download Codes From Retailers
Playstation players will no longer be able to purchase download codes from physical retailers as Sony has called out selling of codes..Read more

Last edited:
So Kaz Hirai is finally retiring.

So Kaz Hirai is finally retiring.

Well, He'll still gonna be with sony as an advisor he'll just not be running things Detail in the video and the article below it con firming the video .

Borderlands 3 Announced! - The Rundown

1.3K views 16 hours ago Published on 28 Mar 2019
#PlayForever #Borderlands3 #news
Today in the Rundown, we have the first official details on Borderlands 3! We also find out what superstar might be joining Marvel's Eternals movie, learn when Sony's Kaz Hirai is leaving the company, find out when Media Molecule will make your dreams come true, slice our way through a ninja game from the makers of Shovel Knight, and finally, serve up new DLC for Overcooked 2!

Confirming the video above

Sony Former President Kaz Hirai To Retire For Real In Summer
By Alistair . March 28, 2019 . 5:00pm

In a press release, Sony Corporation revealed that former president Kaz Hirai, who stepped into the Chairman position just a year ago, will retire from his positions on June 18, 2019.

12 comments Read >

source The Electric Playground Network | EPN & Siliconera - Welcome to the Unseen Side of Video Games!

hqdefault.jpg

Vic's Thoughts on Genesis Mini - The Rundown
1.1K views 9 hours ago Published on 1 Apr 2019
#PlayForever #Rundown #news

Today in the Rundown, we find out when Sega's tiny retro console the Genesis Mini will arrive! We also have some bad news about the PS4 racing game DriveClub, get intel on the next battle royale map for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and finally, flip the page on some very heroic news about DC Universe!

Confirming the video above

safe_image.php

Driveclub servers will be shut down next year
April 1, 2019

Driveclub, Driveclub VR, and Driveclub Bikes will be removed from the PS Store this year ahead of the servers shutting down in 2020.Read more

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN & EGMNOW

Last edited:
So there's rumours of ps5 supporting backwards compatibility... so should I buy ps3 discs that I've missed before? assuming they would work for ps5 in 2021.

Personally, I'd wait for more info. The rumors I've heard say PS4 backwards compatibility, not necessarily PS3. The reason being the PS4, and PS5 will share similar architecture. Where the PS3 was quite different from the PS4.

I heard someone else put it as the PS4, to PS5 is similar to upgrading your windows PC. That games from before the upgrade should have no trouble working. But again, this is all rumors based on the next gen consoles getting Ryzen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"