The Official PS4 Thread - Part 13

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Thread Manager, Feb 3, 2018.

1. X Knight Hope

the fact they are starting to officially talk about PS5 now makes me think it will come earlier in 2020.

and I can see Sony waiting until after E3 to unveil PS5. let MS make the 1st move at E3 and let them show their cards. then Sony can hold their PSX event a few months later and steal all the buzz by unveiling the PS5.

2. spiderman2 Registered

Yeah I am not sure either and I figure when we get are final look at ps5 before it comes out when ever that is we will get news about that.

3. X Knight Hope

yep. I'm eager to hear more about PS5 now after this interview.

I'm also hoping PS5 will include a 4K Blu-Ray player. I think it was a huge misstep to not include that in the PS4 Pro.

Would be nice if PS5 could also play audio CDs. And serve as an all-around media player like the PS3 did where you could save your media files directly to the PS3 hard drive. I think you could also rip audio cd files right to the PS3 hard drive, if I remember correctly.

I really liked the PS3 as a media player and felt the PS4 took a step back in that regard.

4. spiderman2 Registered

Yeah them not including a 4k player in the pro cost them some sales how many I dont known but it did. I would have gotten one my self if it had a 4k player. Yeah I am eager to hear more to. Glade to have some news but now I want price, full specs, release date and launch games. lol never satifiled am I you could say I guess.

5. Silvermoth Avenger

For me I pretty much only get excited when they start announcing games. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. I have no idea which side of the fence I’ll land on

6. zenith16 Registered

this thread's been busy .

[​IMG]

PS5 Details Announced! - The Rundown

1.5K views 11 hours ago Published on 04/17/2019
    #PlayForever #Rundown #news Today in the Rundown, we discuss the first official details on the PlayStation 5, and what we hope want to see from the system! We also craftan update on the big screen Minecraft movie, and find out when you'll get to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3!

Confirming the above

[​IMG]
    20 hours ago
    PLAYSTATION 5: Next-Gen Console Not Expected To Release In 2019 At All; Hardware Details Revealed
    Some very interesting details have been recently revealed about Sony's PlayStation 5, although the next-gen console is not expected to be released this year at all.Read more

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN& GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I’m glad they’re making meaningful changes rather than it just being a derivative update.

8. X Knight Hope

yep. it sounds like the PS5 will be a beast of a console.

I'm sure the next Xbox will be equally as powerful. And most likely, the specs of the next gen consoles will be quite similar this time.

Which means the deciding factor will come down to the games and overall vision. And it's those areas where I think Sony still has MS beat.

9. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Xbox will get trounced early on unless it brings out something significantly better. They’ve bought a bunch of studios but that is a long term plan - as it stands there’s no competition on the exclusives front.

10. spiderman2 Registered

Not only games but we dont known price and full spechs and release date yet but I am glade to hear something. But yes games are what it is all about. I think there is a good shot at Horizon zero dawn 2 at launch and that by its self would be enough for me for day 1. Are there any games you would want that would make you get one at launch?

Silvermoth likes this.
  11. X Knight Hope

I'm finally starting to play Horizon 1 and so far it's pretty good. So Horizon 2 as a PS5 launch title would get me excited.

Spider-Man 2 would definitely seal the deal on getting a PS5 at launch. but, I have a feeling Spider-Man 2 might be a Year 2 or 3 game.

There's a chance Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, and Death Stranding could be PS5 launch titles or at least cross-gen games. Ghost and Death Stranding as launch titles would make the PS5 a must have for me.

I'd also like a new game in the Infamous series. A launch title fighting game ( maybe Street Fighter 6? ) or a launch title RPG would also get me interested.

and speaking of price, what price do you think the PS5 will be?

judging by the specs and the fact that it sounds like it will be a powerhouse, I can see it being $500 max. anything more than $500 and they would be repeating the PS3 mistake.

if they can pack all that power and release the PS5 for $400, then Sony would pretty much lock up the next gen again, especially if the equivalent Xbox goes for $500.

but $500 seems more likely to me.

#236 X Knight, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  12. X Knight Hope

yeah. the studio plan will take some years before it bears fruit. And even then, there's no guarantee what kind of games they will produce.

will they be AAA level games on par with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man? or will they be more mid-level games that will be good for Game Pass?

And when you look at this gen objectively, the state of affairs for Xbox exclusives ( both 1st party and 3rd party ) is pretty sad. Outside of Halo, Gears, and Forza, what high quality exclusive game was released on Xbox One this gen? It's hard to really name one.

What has been the Xbox answer to AAA 1st party games like God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda Breath of Wild, Mario Odyssey, etc.? There really has been no answer.

What has been the Xbox answer to quality 3rd party exclusives like a Persona 5? There really has been no answer.

13. spiderman2 Registered

Horizon is great I need to go back and play it again never really did side missions. I would also say when you are done with it you should get its DLC it is really good DLC like even better than the main game and pretty long for DLC like 10 hours with out even doing its side stuff. So yes for me to Horizon zero 2 would get me to get it at launch. Spiderman 2 I also agree that would get me to get one day one. I love spiderman and batman they are the two superhero's I love and I love insomniac there have been some rumors of 1 final ratchet game for ps4 but it we got a insomniac game at launch I would buy one. Did you 100% spiderman? All 3 of those games if we like even got 1 I am day 1. I do think some of those games like TLOU2 and what not could be cross gen but a cross gen game is not really enough for me to buy a new system. I have only played infamous second son but I thought it was good not sure if we will get another one of those any time soon with sucker punch now doing Ghost of Tsushiam though and I think Ghost is going to be great.

For price I think it will be 500 and cost 600 to make so sold at a lose of 100 that way they can make it more powerful and a little more future prof. I think the days of consoles costing 400 need to go away. With inflation I think 500 will became like the new 400. I dont think it was just the price that hurt ps3 when it came out. I think that was part of it but I also think part of it was the fact that the encomney was like the worst it had been in a long long time and also the fact that multiplatform games had a lot of performance issues the first like 2 years. If the encomney wasn't has bad than and if they didn't have a issue with performance with multiplatform issues the first like 2 years because of the cell chip than I dont think the 600 price would have been quite has big of a issue. One thing I am really wondering about when it comes to not excusivie games is what is rocksteady doing? After them making the great batman Arkham games depending on what they are doing next if they did a new game at launch for ps5 and next xbox that may be enough for me to get one and with how long its now been sense they came out with Arkham knight and not really having any news about what they are doing I am starting to think there next game is going to be for next gen and that they are waiting for console reveals to show what they are doing next.

14. spiderman2 Registered

That is why xbox is going to get crushed there game out put has always been sad and this gen was even worse.

15. spiderman2 Registered

Can we get a ps5 thread now lol

16. X Knight Hope

I got the Complete Edition of Horizon Dawn, so I think it comes with the DLC.

And I'm still early on in Spider-Man.

I'd like Rocksteady to make a Superman game......lol. But if we get another Batman game in time for PS5 launch, that would also be on my radar.

btw......I don't know if we have shared PSN ids yet. If you'd like, PM me with your PSN ID and I'll add you to my friend list ( or check if you're already on it.....lol ).

17. spiderman2 Registered

Just saw this

18. spiderman2 Registered

Oh ok got you yeah complete edition has the DLC already for it. Oh ok like how far have you gotten in spiderman? You play any of the ratchet games before? It was said rocksteady is done with batman and also said they are dont doing superman so we dont known if they are doing a new completely new IP or a different DC character or what right now. But yeah I am just really wondering what they are doing.

19. X Knight Hope

I got to the point where you 1st meet/control MJ ( art gallery? ). After that, I got sidetracked with other games.

Plus, I've been bouncing back between Xbox and PS4, which is why I'm looking to downsize and consolidate and own just 1 main console. And next gen, I am only going to get one console.

That's why I've been asking myself, if I had to choose 1 console to own, which would it be? And the more I think about it objectively, the more I'm leaning back towards the PS camp. If I only owned Xbox, I would be missing out on all the variety and exclusives available on Playstation. Can't say the same about Xbox sadly.

And I like Xbox. But it's becoming more and more impractical for me to own both.

20. X Knight Hope

nice. I will have to give this a watch later on. I always enjoy their vids even though I don't always understand all the technical jargon stuff......lol.

21. spiderman2 Registered

I am not sure how far you are in spiderman I think that is still some what early. I am a two gen guy my self but its nintendo and Sony to me xbox just sucks and is pointless because it is lacking exclusives like you said. There isn't one xbox one game I care about getting. Sony on the other hand I can imagion not playing games like GOW, spiderman, Horizon, infamous second son etc and Nintendo I cant imagion going with out like Zelda, splatoon, Mario etc.

lol yeah they are interesting and yeah I dont understand a lot of him I am not a big tech guy heck I still had a flip phone un till like a few months ago. I tend to not get newer tech stuff or known about it un till later out side of like new video games and consoles that is I get a lot of those one day 1.

22. X Knight Hope

I have a Switch, too. but I've barely touched it. I just finally turned it on the other day to update it......lol.

I may or may not keep my Switch. but at least it has its own set of exclusives.

I'm trying to hold on until E3 to see what MS presents. Xbox will really have to blow me away to convince me to stick with it. And maybe they will.

Meanwhile on my PS4, I'm enjoying JRPG Trails of Cold Steel. And Persona 5 The Royal is also coming to PS4 later on. Most likely that will be PS4 exclusive, too. You can't get those games on Xbox and that's becoming my problem with Xbox.

If you like Gears, Halo, and Forza, then Xbox is fine. I do like Forza and that would be one series I'd miss if I gave up Xbox. Halo and Gears I'm indifferent on. But Xbox needs more than Gears, Halo, and Forza. And it needs quality level exclusives and not just stuff like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay. I'm not knocking those games. They may be fun. but they're not my cup of tea and there's no way they can compare to God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man, etc.

Despite all that, I still have this strange "attachment" to Xbox. can't explain why........lol

#247 X Knight, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  23. Silvermoth Avenger

Honestly I’m gagging for more timesplitters haha. But a fresh new franchise, like a halo, something that says “this is what this generation is all about” would be fun

24. spiderman2 Registered

lol did you grow up with Xbox or something? Yeah they dont compete with those games for sure. Like what games do you have on switch and like what have you played the most? I have like 8-9 games on switch and Zelda I have put like 240 hours into Mario like 35 and splatoon like 90 and a few other games I have put much less into. So I would say I have already gotten a lot from the switch and I still have some other games this year I want to get for it like Mario maker 2.

25. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Potential ps5 titles
    Watch Dogs 3
    Horizon One Dawn
    Spider-Man Vol. 2
    Resident Evil 3
    Resident Evil 8
    Assassin's Creed Vikings
    God of War Returns
    Grand Theft Auto VI

yas?!

Last of Us 2 would probably be released in ps4.