The Official PS4 Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you take a screen shot via the share button,can you send to an e mail or you can just upload to Facebook&Twitter?

You have to do a bit of a workaround, but you can upload it to a Twitter account (Facebook too I believe) and save it from there. You have to change the file extension to .jpg to get the proper pic though (I have to at least). It saves as 1024x576 resolution.

I FiNALLY got the PS4,I called tons of stores and non had it except one Best Buy that had 2 of them left so I rushed over!

I got console updates done,I set all my settings to my liking,Am downloading updates for DC Universe Online/Killzone and Lego Marvel and now just checking out the U.I.!

So a month after getting my PS4 replaced due to the HDMI problem, it's started acting up again. :(

What's happening with it?

Finally getting a ps4 cam, my gamestop is gonna have them in the end of this month. So streaming will be even more fun. Also gotta get the ps4 gold headset. :)

What's happening with it?
Same thing it was doing before - the HDMI feed just cuts out periodically for a few seconds. Annoying that with all the pieces that could go wrong with these things, it's the simple HDMI port that Sony seems to be having the most issues with. Funny too, our TV that we've had for several years now is a Sony, and we've never had any HDMI issues with that.

That happened with my ps3 the last few months

Same thing it was doing before - the HDMI feed just cuts out periodically for a few seconds. Annoying that with all the pieces that could go wrong with these things, it's the simple HDMI port that Sony seems to be having the most issues with. Funny too, our TV that we've had for several years now is a Sony, and we've never had any HDMI issues with that.

Sometimes when I turn off my PS4 there is no picture so I switch my TV to different ports then back to HDMI 1 or 2 and it has picture again. Hasn't happened in a while though.

Are you, by chance, using the same HDMI cable?

Does the console over heat while in stand by?,Am downloading DC Universe and left it downloading in stand by all night and it still has many hours to go

I FiNALLY got the PS4,I called tons of stores and non had it except one Best Buy that had 2 of them left so I rushed over!

I got console updates done,I set all my settings to my liking,Am downloading updates for DC Universe Online/Killzone and Lego Marvel and now just checking out the U.I.!

awesome!! hope you enjoy it!! :woot:

Is it possible it's a bad HDMI cable? I'd recommend trying a new one before trying to replace it. Amazon has some incredibly cheap and good quality HDMI cables. I've used this one on my PS3 for almost 5 years now with no issues at all, I bought an extra of the same kind for my PS4 as well with no issue so far. I know it's still possible it's an HDMI port issue, but it's worth a shot. :up:

say, is there any way to turn the PS4 completely off using the power button on the console?

I know if you press it, it will go into Standby mode.

When will the web browser get flash player?

Has anyone had issues with the rubber grips on the ps4 pad wearing down? I bought a ps4 pad to use with my ps3 and after ONE damn sitting the rubber grips are already peeling. WTF. Other than that huge annoyance, that's a nice ass pad.

Has anyone had issues with the rubber grips on the ps4 pad wearing down? I bought a ps4 pad to use with my ps3 and after ONE damn sitting the rubber grips are already peeling. WTF. Other than that huge annoyance, that's a nice ass pad.

It seems like an issue a lot of people are having. Both Sony and Amazon have been good about replacing them.

Neither of mine have peeled yet, but I can definitely feel a difference between the padding on the joysticks of my two controllers. One is smooth and one is rough.

Last edited:
It seems like an issue a lot of people are having. Both Sony and Amazon have been good about replacing them.

Neither of mine have peeled yet, but I can definitely feel a difference between the padding on the joysticks of my two controllers. One is smooth and one is rough.

Ah well thats cool. I'll prob call Sony tomorrow then. I mean one time use and the thing is already peeling? Nah, it must of been a defect during manufacturing or something.

I haven't had any problems with my controller.

Are you, by chance, using the same HDMI cable?
Is it possible it's a bad HDMI cable? I'd recommend trying a new one before trying to replace it. Amazon has some incredibly cheap and good quality HDMI cables. I've used this one on my PS3 for almost 5 years now with no issues at all, I bought an extra of the same kind for my PS4 as well with no issue so far. I know it's still possible it's an HDMI port issue, but it's worth a shot. :up:
Thanks for the suggestion guys, but it's not the same HDMI cable. I just use the one that comes with it, so when I got it replaced, everything in the box was replaced, including the cable. Even so, I did try it with the HDMI cable I use for my blu-ray, and it still did it. I also tried different ports in the TV, and no luck. It's gotta be the PS4 port. They admitted as much the first time I replaced it (though they blamed Amazon for shipping a whole shipment "wrong" and damaging the ports. Obviously BS.).

For anyone interested in Tomb Raider for PS4, Amazon's got a deal going on today putting the price down to 39.99$. I have it for PS3 as well and that game's terrific, I put off finishing the story when I heard about the PS4 upgrade. Looking forward to it :up:

hard to believe that the PS4 isn't out in Japan yet.

But when it is.. Look for the sales numbers to almost double.

I gotta pay off inFAMOUS here soon.

I'd love to be in Japan and see how crazy it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"