The Official "Ratchet & Clank" general thread (spoilers)

I only wish Jak got the same treatment from Naughty Dog. :(
I feel like Naughty Dog has basically abandoned J&D. After every single PS3 game they announced, they'd give this little cocktease statement that they were thinking of going back to Jak and Daxter buuuut Uncharted/Uncharted 2/Uncharted 3/Last of Us just came to them more. It's almost like they don't want to actually close the book on the fans, but it seems sort of obvious they're not that interested anymore. They've never been the type of developer to go back like that either (i.e. Crash).

Sucks. That said, I'm so happy to be able to play the old games on the PS3 via the HD remake.

While I was hoping for some new PS4 game series, the new Ratchet trailer did make a good first impression.

I'm guessing this game is being made to give the PS3 Ratchet games a better send-off than Full Frontal Assault before they start PS4 Ratchet games. Let's face it, there's probably going to be some next-gen titles to promote the feature film in 2015.

FFA was OK, but it's A LOT better with other people.

Ratchet and Clank writer T.J. Fixman leaves Insomniac

(3 hours ago)

tjfixman.jpg
Pen-behind-the-lombax Todd 'T.J.' Fixman announced his departure from Insomniac Games yesterday, saying he wanted to focus on mediums other than gaming. In a blog post, long-serving Ratchet and Clank writer Fixman said his "relationship" with Insomniac will continue, at least because he'll still be working on the Ratchet and Clank movie due in 2015.

Fixman joined Insomniac in 2007, going on to become a senior writer at the studio and work on nine games including the Ratchet and Clank Future series, All 4 One, and Full Frontal Assault. Fixman said a surge in feature screenwriting opportunities over the last year had left his workload too great to keep his position at Insomniac, but added that the move is also about finding a new challenge.

"I can look at my time at Insomniac and feel like I've done what I set out to do there," said Fixman. "As for other mediums, I feel like I'm just getting started. I'm excited by movies and television. I want to get back into graphic novel writing. I want to develop different projects with new characters and stories and worlds I can explore. Right now I have the opportunity to try all of it, and when you're handed a gift like that, you have to grab onto it with both hands."

One of Fixman's last duties as an Insomniac employee was to write the script for new entry Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus, which rockets onto PS3 sometime this holiday.
Source: tjfixman

Honestly, I'm hoping Insomniac breaks out of their comfort zone and does something new. The amount of talent at that studio is just being shackled right now by unaspiring games. Ratchet and Clank, in my opinion, needs to take a break. I love the franchise, don't get me wrong. However, that being said, I think it'd be in Insomniac's best interest to try something new.

I'm not really sure yet what to think of Sunset Overdrive since we haven't seen gameplay. What I have envisioned in my head looks awesome as hell and loads of potential. But we all know the case here...often times what fans envision is better than the retail product we're given.

I'd like to see Insomniac branch out and take a stab at a horror title or maybe even a racing game ala Diddy Kong racing/Modnation Racers etc. I think their pedigree of creating exotic weapons would work well in an over the top campy gun-blazing racer.

Just my two cents.

Moving away from Sony exclusivity should be a good thing for them in the long run. Resistance 3 is one of my favorite games of the generation but there's no denying it's been a rough 8 years for them. Nothing they make sells all that much.

Honestly, I'm hoping Insomniac breaks out of their comfort zone and does something new. The amount of talent at that studio is just being shackled right now by unaspiring games. Ratchet and Clank, in my opinion, needs to take a break. I love the franchise, don't get me wrong. However, that being said, I think it'd be in Insomniac's best interest to try something new.
Unfortunately that's not happening anytime soon. We are getting a new title this fall and with a movie out in 2015, Id bet money that a PS4/Vita tie in will be released by then. Sony really overexposed Ratchet this gen, releasing 6 games, including 2 PSP titles during this same period, for a total of 8 games from this IP in a span of 7 years.

Moving away from Sony exclusivity should be a good thing for them in the long run. Resistance 3 is one of my favorite games of the generation but there's no denying it's been a rough 8 years for them. Nothing they make sells all that much.
Considering that Fuse on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 sold for a combined total of 110,000, I would say leaving Sony was a bad move for Insomniac. Resistance 3 at least sold 1.33 million units and the proper Ratchet & Clank games (not those quick, over and done, short games that have been coming out) are rather good sellers of about 2 million.

If Sunset Overdrive ends up being a bust (and considering Microsoft's strong penchant for letting their non-Halo/Fable IPs to just die, I would say that's a strong possibility), I think Insomniac has no choice but to sell to Sony. A studio can't thrive independently with huge bombs like Fuse.

To me, Insomniac belongs at/with Sony. I sure hope their image hasn't been tarnished in a way that will hurt Into the Nexus. I hope it does well and I'm probably going to get it but it is coming out the same week as the PS4...

Reviews

Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus Review
Shaun and Marissa reunite with Ratchet & Clank in the Nexus.

Synopsis:They went into the Nexus with Ratchet and clank , great game mechanic, with amazing writing and cut scenes

Marissa's Score 10Shaun's Score 9.0

and it's the shows pick of the Day

Shows

December 13 – Reviews on the Run – Full Show

Travel through the Desolation Of Smaug with The Hobbit, reunite in the Nexus with Ratchet & Clank, take a look at the extra PS4 games and check out #6 in the ROTR Top 100 Games & Movies...

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

there's so many threads on this, i don't know which one to go on.

the reboot's been delayed.
Insomniac Games is also hard at work at Ratchet & Clank for the PS4, a re-imagination of the original game that started it all 13 years ago. The game, out Spring 2016, re-tells the origin story that ties in closely and expands upon the movie’s narrative. It also features several new levels along with reimagined classic locales like Metropolis, brand new weapons and completely redone visuals made possible by the power of the PlayStation 4. We’ll be sharing more on the game soon!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/13/ratchet-clank-movie-releases-april-29-2016-in-us/

Last edited:
I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game, but I know it's kind of shooter/platformer hybrid.

Would you guys say it's more of a platformer or more of a shooter? Also, what would you say is the split? 50/50?

I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game, but I know it's kind of shooter/platformer hybrid.

Would you guys say it's more of a platformer or more of a shooter? Also, what would you say is the split? 50/50?

As far as the PS2 games go, they start out more focused on platforming and it shifts more towards shooting until Deadlocked, which is a pure third-person shooter. I'd say it starts at 40/60, then 50/50 for the next two, then 80/20 for the last one.

In the PS3 games, there's a more even split, with a stronger focus on weapons still. Around 70/30 in favor of shooting.

PlayStation 4
Ratchet & Clank PS4 debut trailer, screenshots [Update: eight-minute gameplay video]
Published 2 hours ago. 90 comments.
Re-imagining playable at E3 next week.

RCPS4_06-10-15.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment and Insomniac Games have released the first trailer and screenshots for Ratchet & Clank, the upcoming PlayStation 4 game based on the spring 2016-due movie.
The game, a re-imagining of the original Ratchet & Clank, features elements based on the original, but now with modern controls, several new planets, new and updated gameplay segments, all new Clank gameplay, new boss fights, new flight sequences, James Arnold Taylor as Ratchet, and more.
“The fresh start means we changed up the arsenal quite a bit as well,” Insomniac Games community manager James Stevenson said on the PlayStation Blog. “As always with Ratchet & Clank games, you battle your enemies with an out-of-this-world arsenal.
“In the PS4 version of Ratchet & Clank, the majority of the arsenal is made up of weapons that weren’t in the original game. That means both new weapons and fan-favorite tools of destruction from the Ratchet & Clank Future series will fill out Ratchet’s kit. From the brand new Pixelizer (which transforms enemies into explosive 8-bit pixels) to franchise favorites like the dance-party-inducing Groovitron and wise-cracking robotic bodyguard Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet & Clank’s arsenal has never been better.”
Pre-orders for the new game will include the exclusive “Bouncer” weapon, from Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, which launches a bomb that releases a number of tiny homing bombs that bounce towards targets.
Ratchet & Clank will be playable on the E3 show floor next week.
Watch the trailer below.

[YT]iU3sU2WMcPM[/YT]
View the first screenshots at the gallery.
Update: An eight-minute gameplay video has surfaced (backup here):

[YT]d5KCB99ZLhY[/YT]

visit gallery »

Read More

PlayStation 4, Clips, Gameplay, Insomniac Games, Ratchet & Clank, SCE, SCEA, SCEE, Screenshots, Teasers
source:Gematsu

I thought I was the only Ratchet fan..

So excited for R&C Ps4!

Jesus, it's like you're playing an interactive Pixar flick or something.

I thought I was the only Ratchet fan..

So excited for R&C Ps4!

I had never played R&C before ps3 but now it is my favorite Sony franchise and my 4th favorite video game franchise ever. 1 Zelda 2 Batman arkham 3 DKC.

I had never played R&C before ps3 but now it is my favorite Sony franchise and my 4th favorite video game franchise ever. 1 Zelda 2 Batman arkham 3 DKC.

I'd recommend you buy "Going Commando" and "Up Your Arsenal" from PSN, GREAT games! :woot: I'd also recommend "Deadlock" but the PS3 port Is pretty buggy.

I'd recommend you buy "Going Commando" and "Up Your Arsenal" from PSN, GREAT games! :woot: I'd also recommend "Deadlock" but the PS3 port Is pretty buggy.

I have crake in time it is my favorite one and I also have tool of destriontion and into the natxics and the ps3 HD collection that has sever old ps2 ratchet and clank games. I still need to beat I think 2 of those 3 though. Beat the 3 ps3 ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"