The Official "Ratchet & Clank" general thread (spoilers)

Game is stunning.. One of the, if not the best looking game I've played so far this gen

It's just beautiful. It's not some hyper realistic game that's so real looking that it looks like plastic. It's graphics are fantastic.. The lighting, the stuff going on. It's a graphic masterpiece without having to have pores on someone's face.

Some have said it's like playing a Pixar movie. And honestly the CG from the upcoming movie is about the same as the game graphics.

People have been saying that since Tools of Destruction back in 2007

It's a constant. :o

It's something they've always tried to do.. Be a Pixar movie you play. They've nailed it here.

Can't wait to play this. Just picked my copy up. I haven't played a Ratchet and Clank game since 2007. It was a favorite for my Dad and I to play together and since he passed I found it hard to revisit the series. Now feels like the time to go back to that world.

One thing that I love about the game is the animation. I see a lot of people talk about the graphics, but few mention the actual animation. It's amazing in this game. Everything from little facial expressions of enemies to the bounce of Racket's ears...they even implemented Disney-quality 2D animation squash and stretch techniques that I don't think I've ever seen in a video game before (something 3D movies have only been able to achieve well over the past several years). Every frame of animation from main characters to the most tertiary enemy is just wonderful to look at.

I've never played a R&C game before, but I'm so impressed.

One thing that I love about the game is the animation. I see a lot of people talk about the graphics, but few mention the actual animation. It's amazing in this game. Everything from little facial expressions of enemies to the bounce of Racket's ears...they even implemented Disney-quality 2D animation squash and stretch techniques that I don't think I've ever seen in a video game before (something 3D movies have only been able to achieve well over the past several years). Every frame of animation from main characters to the most tertiary enemy is just wonderful to look at.

I've never played a R&C game before, but I'm so impressed.
I cant speak on the PS2 games, but it was always top notch on the PS3. Tools of Destruction came out in 2007 and it was one of the best looking and animated game when released. They've constantly set the bar for themselves

One thing I noticed.. If you're under water look closely at Ratchets cheeks. I'm fairly sure you can see his fur flowing in the water

four articles two different places one's a video Review while the other's preview

• GI Rating 8.25
    Ratchet & Clank

hot-post.png
    ps4-icon.png

on Apr 11, 2016 at 08:00 AM 35,089 Views

Everything old is new again for the space-faring rodent and his robot friend.
    ... More

theirpreview

their interview.

Lastly EPN's

2:19

[YT]kZ0KqzV-OYc[/YT]
Ratchet & Clank PS4 Review! - EPN Reviews on the Run

• 1 day ago

source: GI & EPN.tv

PlayStation 4
Ratchet & Clank for PS4 the fastest selling game in franchise history

Published 46 mins ago. 72 comments.
Sony discusses how the movie tie-in came to be.

Ratchet-PS4-Fastest-Selling.jpg

Ratchet & Clank for PlayStation 4 is the fastest selling Ratchet & Clank game in the franchise’s history, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

Over at the PlayStation Blog, SIE senior producer Greg Phillips discusses a bit about how the Ratchet & Clank movie tie-in, which launched in theaters today, came to be.

Read that below.
It started back in early 2013, the first test footage of what would become the Ratchet & Clank movie first began circulating the halls of Insomniac Games, eventually reaching myself and a number of others here at PlayStation. Even in its early form, it showed a tremendous amount of promise, and at that moment we all knew we might be sitting on something special.

The test footage was created by Rainmaker Films who, along with Blockade Entertainment, were keen to try and turn Ratchet & Clank into a theatrical feature. This test footage was their proof of concept — and it definitely opened some eyes.

The footage sparked conversation between Insomniac Games and me here at PlayStation about how cool it might be to have a game available when the movie came out. At the time we were finishing up the development of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (an epilogue to the beloved Future trilogy of games), so it was a conversation with an eye to what we could do to have a game ready for the launch of the film.
Fast forward to January 2014 and one completed scene of the film was done. It was a sequence that occurs about 5 minutes into the film, where Ratchet shows an elderly old man how he upgraded his space craft in ways only Ratchet could.
As soon as we all saw this scene, the movie went from “This has a lot of potential” to “Oh, wow, we’re gonna pull this off!” It was at that point discussions on the game picked up in earnest. The film was returning to the beginning to tell Ratchet’s origin story, and we decided we would do the same on the game side. The film was going to introduce Ratchet to an all new audience and our goal for the game was to try to do the same by celebrating everything that made previous Ratchet & Clank games great. After a short discussion, we realized we had the perfect way to unify the stories: by having the game narrated by the ever truthful, never would lie about a thing, Captain Qwark!

As the game and film continued to develop, it was great to see the collaboration between teams. Rainmaker would share early cuts of the film and a small group of people that included folks from Rainmaker, Insomniac Games, and myself would go over everything and suggest improvements. In fact, the room seen in this image is very similar to the room at Rainmaker where these meetings would happen.

To close, even back when all we had was the initial footage of Ratchet & Clank running through an early version of the Metropolis level in the original PS2 game, we knew we had the making of something great. Ratchet & Clank was one of the first projects I worked on in product development, and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Nearly 15 years later, we not only got to go back to that original experience and remake it for a new generation, but we also have the Ratchet & Clank theatrical film that brings these characters and world to film audiences everywhere.

Read More

PlayStation 4, Insomniac Games, Ratchet & Clank, Sales, SIE, SIEA, SIEE

source: Gematsu

Oh beat me to it. I just saw about the sales a few minutes ago and was going to post about that on hear lol.

Just got to play this game for the first time last night been besy watching NBA playoffs and work and school and man it looks great! One of the better looking games this gen and has the normally over the top kind of cheesy humor that ratchet and clank is know for.

I'm glad to see that, even with the movie bombing, the game itself is going strong. I'll be probably getting it this weekend.

And the Rocket&b rayguns award for

Details in the video below

11:50
[YT]4Hbdy0JxMto[/YT]
Best Remake 2016 - Rocket & Raygun - Electric Playground
234 views1 hour ago

Published on 22 Dec 2016
Get ready for the annual Rocket & Raygun Awards, where we name the best games of the year! Victor Lucas is joined by his pals Ben Silverman, Jose Sanchez, and Steve Tilley to discuss the best games of 2016. In this video, we name the best remake game. The nominees are:

Ratchet & Clank
Batman: Return to Arkham
BioShock: The Collection
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Gravity Rush Remastered
Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection
Dead Rising

source: EPN.tv

the game was a huge disappointment for me, the gameplay was a bit stale and the writing was absolutely awful, especially character-wise. My one compliment is that the graphics were kinda nice but they should've made it 60 fps.

Any thoughts on what the next installment should be like? I personally would like that they wait for PS5 era and put emphasis on exploring planets and space as well. It should have a story you play through like the other games, but the actual gameplay needs to evolve a bit in my opinion. Though that said, I have a slight feeling the Ratchet & Clank franchise is done for.

the game was a huge disappointment for me, the gameplay was a bit stale and the writing was absolutely awful, especially character-wise. My one compliment is that the graphics were kinda nice but they should've made it 60 fps.

Any thoughts on what the next installment should be like? I personally would like that they wait for PS5 era and put emphasis on exploring planets and space as well. It should have a story you play through like the other games, but the actual gameplay needs to evolve a bit in my opinion. Though that said, I have a slight feeling the Ratchet & Clank franchise is done for.
The last game was the fastest selling game in the franchise. Its far from done. We may not get one till PS5 though with Insomoniac busy on Spider-Man and their own third party material. I doubt the deal for Spidey is a one game deal so they'll likely do the sequel as well. Ratchet could be handled by another studio but that is always risky. Yeah I think we might wait a while but thats not necesarily a bad thing

I tried out the 2016 remake when it was a psplus game but just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot before Rift Apart comes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"