The Dark Knight Rises The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Yah, him walking on the ice was never a big deal with me, especially when Gordon was able to walk on it as well. If anything, the nitpick should be that Gordon seemed fine walking on the ice to grab that flare. We've already seen Bruce walk on ice and the knowledge of knowing where to walk.

Plus...the ice was pretty thick for a while until you walked further, such as Stryver until he finally hit a point where he fell right through.

Yah, him walking on the ice was never a big deal with me, especially when Gordon was able to walk on it as well. If anything, the nitpick should be that Gordon seemed fine walking on the ice to grab that flare. We've already seen Bruce walk on ice and the knowledge of knowing where to walk.

Plus...the ice was pretty thick for a while until you walked further, such as Stryver until he finally hit a point where he fell right through.

What I ment was Bruce walked across the ice to get back to Gotham.

misery.jpg

Don't you people understand HE NEVER GOT OUT OF THE COCK-A-DOODY PLANE!!!!! :)

misery.jpg

Don't you people understand HE NEVER GOT OUT OF THE COCK-A-DOODY PLANE!!!!! :)

I would love to see a film where Nolan meets a fan like her. :lmao:

I've seen this quite a bit since I got it for Christmas; I still love this film. The scene where Folley takes the lead vs the mercenaries with the deshi basara score still gets my blood pumping! Dat ending, man, dat ending. I've never been happier for anyone than Bruce.

I would love to see a film where Nolan meets a fan like her. :lmao:

I've seen this quite a bit since I got it for Christmas; I still love this film. The scene where Folley takes the lead vs the mercenaries with the deshi basara score still gets my blood pumping! Dat ending, man, dat ending. I've never been happier for anyone than Bruce.

That's what makes this trilogy so special to me. My favorite superhero and the guy behind the mask is given a happy ending that we will never see again, nor will we probably ever get in a comic book. It's not going by the way Batman is and that's sticking around, but in a relatable world that Nolan gave us, he's giving Bruce Wayne a happy ending while also keeping the Batman legacy alive by passing the mantle down to someone else.

And yah..."There's only one police in this town" from Foley hit something when that scene began; if only it was longer though.

I love, love the buildup in that scene.

deshi......DESHI......basara.....BASARA....

Indeed. And people can complain, but I loved how Foley saw the flaming bat symbol and lead the cops into war. It's a beautiful progression of how only one cop believed in Batman while the others were hunting him down(with Loeb setting a task force), then Gordon and a few others believing in Batman while there were still others that didn't trust him which only became worse and finally after the truth is revealed about Harvey Dent, the cops end up becoming Batman's army in the end and the people of Gotham puts up a statue to show the true face of heroism.

I never had a problem with Bruce retiring at the end of TDKR, because this is a self contained trilogy; with a beginning, middle and an end. With BB and TDK we got the classic "Batman continuing the fight" type of endings. For TDKR we got closure and finality.

The shot of the Batman statue, and Gordon's sullen reaction to it gets me every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"