The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
reeve_MOS.jpg
I thought This was an amazing manip I found on Google images. Sorry I wasn't sure who the original artist is... but kudos. Gave me chills.

***Just a note to other artist who would like to put Cavill likeness on this suit... Please don't forget his traps... Please. :) This Manip looks natural because CR didn't really have them.
Just ...... wow.

hey, let's see how much longer we can all dwell in the past! MOAR CR MANUPS

Hey, I'm just putting up a great manip of the suit. It doesn't hurt that the artist did such an knockout job with a Reeve's likeness. Id love to see something just as seamless with Cavill's too. :cwink:

It's silly ignoring the past. I'm stoked for Man of Steel and the future of cinematic Superman, but I still absolutely love Superman: The Movie and Reeves. One thing doesn't exclude the other you know.

It's silly ignoring the past. I'm stoked for Man of Steel and the future of cinematic Superman, but I still absolutely love Superman: The Movie and Reeves. One thing doesn't exclude the other you know.

Reeve with no s. I question your love!

yes i am. this suit was one of the first i tried to give it that fleischer feel... wasn't my best, though

my two struggles in that manip was the blue body suit, and how to do the shield right...

on the blue body suit, it was difficult, because it was originally kinda faded to begin with, and every time i tried fiddling with the hue/saturation or the selective color, it would fade out instead of simply get "darker", so i gave up on trying to make it darker, and left it as it is.

on the shield, i've made fleischer manips in the past with the SR suit, however i've never been happy with how i created the shield, so i decided to do something a bit different by making the actual "S" more defined. I like how more defined it looks, because the "S" in the original cartoon was just as defined (except more cartoony), however my beveling is a bit on the sloppy side. the belt was a little bit difficult too, as well, because of the shade of yellow

Yeah I am very happy we're not getting that suit. I just can't see that in a movie of this of caliber. I am looking forward to seeing this MOS suit in action on screen. :yay:

Not that I want this movie to fail and I really hope it doesn't, but we really don't know WHAT caliber it's going to be. For all we know, it might be inferior to STM.

Not that I want this movie to fail and I really hope it doesn't, but we really don't know WHAT caliber it's going to be. For all we know, it might be inferior to STM.

I kinda doubt it will be inferior to Superman: The Movie

dc_trinity_by_nigelhalsey-d552elk.jpg

Awesomeness :woot:

The Trinity.. (Well a real two outta three anyway)by ~NigelHalsey

Ummm... I love STM, it's my all time favorite.... but... just from the behind the scene shots we've seen and the cast and the production team and a visually oriented/ likes him tough/ show them what they want director... and the CC footage... MOS has a big freakin caliber. But good story and flow, that's what we don't know.

Last edited:

Damn, Superman looks awesome. I'm betting in another 2 or 3 weeks we'll be getting a MOS EW cover with a shot like that.

I actually wish WB would just work up towards World's Finest and Trinity movies for the time being.. not just race for a JLA movie because they want to match Avengers.

Christ the suit looks good there.

Obviously we've seen that shot before, but something about the way its been cropped there, and Cavill's face 'shopped pretty nicely onto it, really make it shine. I think another reason why it looks so good is Cavill's proportions, the suit wouldn't be quite as impressive if he was smaller. So yes, that has made me excited all over again.

How could any of you take her seriously, when looking at that pic??? Stuff her besides Captain America and it fits. They're both lame. While I like Steve Rogers character in the film and also in Avengers, I will NEVER like the suit. It looks so incredibly dumb and tacky. This here wonder woman ain't any different.

How could any of you take her seriously, when looking at that pic??? Stuff her besides Captain America and it fits. They're both lame. While I like Steve Rogers character in the film and also in Avengers, I will NEVER like the suit. It looks so incredibly dumb and tacky. This here wonder woman ain't any different.

I think Cap's suit in First Avenger was tops but Avengers' was definitely on the lames side.

That being said, if Thor can were his Asgardian garb, why can't Wonder Woman wear her Amazonian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"