• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Sequels The Official The Lizard in Spider-Man 4 thread!

Sand man was portrayed terribly when you think about it. What was the moral he taught us? Its okay to commit crimes and kill peoples uncles if you cant afford your daughters operation. and spiderman forgave him!! Thats like the whole reason he has been living as spiderman for the past few years.

But on the lizard, no lizard minions. I think the first episode of spiderman was perfect... the lizard went back and forth between his animal and evil conners persona. Believing himself to be superior he wanted to turn everyone into lizard people but required human hands to operate his machinery. Spidey cured him before he could suceed. This would be a good basis for the movie.

I think they need to go deeper than just what was presented in the cartoons for The Lizard.

Unfortunately, all 5 of the villains from these films could have been portrayed better. The more they cater to children with these films, the weaker the movie becomes, especially for the villains.

Agreed.

I'm not too against the lizard minions.
Maybe the final battle scene can have Spiderman fighting Lizard and all the lizard minions at the same time.

I'm against the Lizard minions. or at least for now, specially if we're having a second powerful villain.

No Minions!

Just THE LIZARD...and KRAVEN. If not KRAVEN...then ELECTRO. Either way, only two villains.

Yeah, no threat for Connors/Lizard to unleash an army of Lizard minions running around NY. But I don't think Raimi would go that route anyway.

Please, no minions. That would take the camp factor over the edge.

Unfortunately, all 5 of the villains from these films could have been portrayed better. The more they cater to children with these films, the weaker the movie becomes, especially for the villains.

I actually thought Doc Octopus was excellent. Possibly even better then his comic version.

The problem I have with the writers is the process they choose in writing these films. It appears to me, they choose to write these films on a 8th grade level; being blatantly obvious with the content of the story, the situation of the characters, and the characters themselves. The villains have simple, unrealistic motivation, for villains who possess great power and/or arsenal.

Look at it for what it is… one villain goes on a unnecessary rampage to retain a company, another cause havoc to finish an experiment, another steals for an asthmatic daughter, and finally, Jesus Christ, because one got his feelings hurt. The only one to have a real motivation that a mature audience understands or empathize with, was Harry. Yet, even his ******ed stupor, was hard to sit through.

So I don’t know why so many expect any difference with 4, featuring Lizard. This has been Sam style of film making over his entire career. Nothing will change other than, the continuing spiral down of the franchise.

:dry:

So I don’t know why so many expect any difference with 4, featuring Lizard. This has been Sam style of film making over his entire career. Nothing will change other than, the continuing spiral down of the franchise.
that's why we, like I've ALWAYS said, need Lizard to be an inconsequent ferocious monster, like he was in SSM.

The problem I have with the writers is the process they choose in writing these films. It appears to me, they choose to write these films on a 8th grade level; being blatantly obvious with the content of the story, the situation of the characters, and the characters themselves. The villains have simple, unrealistic motivation, for villains who possess great power and/or arsenal.

Look at it for what it is… one villain goes on a unnecessary rampage to retain a company, another cause havoc to finish an experiment, another steals for an asthmatic daughter, and finally, Jesus Christ, because one got his feelings hurt. The only one to have a real motivation that a mature audience understands or empathize with, was Harry. Yet, even his ******ed stupor, was hard to sit through.

That's your opinion though.

Also, who says that this series is spiraling down? It's no where near dead, IMO.

Last edited:
I think Doc Ock was one of the best portrayed Supervillains ever. There were a few camp moments ("And nothing will stand in our way! NOTHING!") but overall, everything down to his motives being "pushed along" by intelligent robot tentacles was done pretty convincingly. Some were disappointed by his turning good at the end since he was kind of a reprobate in the comics, but considering he died afterwards following the movie's "sacrifice" theme, it worked well.

Back on topic, should Lizard be warm or cold-blooded? I vote warm-blooded because because it's a pretty glaring weakness if a large bucket of Ice water can slow you down.

Last edited:
that's why we, like I've ALWAYS said, need Lizard to be an inconsequent ferocious monster, like he was in SSM.
For that to happen Sam who have to show some onscreen, gut wrenching, killings..... that's not his muntra. He will either hint at it off screen as in "Spider-Man 2" or kill in a cartoonish way like in "Spider-Man", which was a take from "Mars Attack". Proof of his style of film making is there; he will not deviate from it.

OK.... this why Connors in "Spider-Man 3" said he was a biologist, uh um *clear throat* sorry, I MEAN "I'M A PHYSICIST". It's spiraling down already.... the Raimi way.

Are you serious? Harry Osborn was freaking awesome. he was not hard to sit through. He was what salvaged the movie.

For that to happen Sam who have to show some onscreen, gut wrenching, killings..... that's not his muntra. He will either hint at it off screen as in "Spider-Man 2" or kill in a cartoonish way like in "Spider-Man", which was a take from "Mars Attack". Proof of his style of film making is there; he will not deviate from it.

OK.... this why Connors in "Spider-Man 3" said he was a biologist, uh um *clear throat* sorry, I MEAN "I'M A PHYSICIST". It's spiraling down already.... the Raimi way.

that right there kind of mucks up conners unless they just pretend that never happened. However the lizard would be too repetitive. A guy personally connected to Peter becomes the bad guy.

This would be the sixth time that happened. too repetititive.

Raimi seems obsessed with making every supervillain personal, like there's no other way to do it.

Are you serious? Harry Osborn was freaking awesome. he was not hard to sit through. He was what salvaged the movie.

You mis-read what I though was clear.... Harry's ******ed stupor is what was hard to sit through Spider-Bite. His motivation and battle scenes was great... i'm not discounting that. Only his stupor.

Agreed. The ONLY two characters that did justice was the Osborns. Harry as the "New Goblin" could've been a whole lot better, but it wasn't Franco's fault. And Dafoe is just amazing in any movie.

I actually thought Doc Octopus was excellent. Possibly even better then his comic version.

Are you kidding? He did not have to be so sympathetic. How can Raimi TRY to bring in the Sinister Six with a leader that's so whiny?

Also, who says that this series is spiraling down? It's no where near dead, IMO.

Spider-Man as a whole movie franchise went straight down with Spider-Man 3. IMO.

But, don't worry I say...Raimi actually LIKES Lizard...so he won't do a pathetic job as he did with Venom.

You mis-read what I though was clear.... Harry's ******ed stupor is what was hard to sit through Spider-Bite. His motivation and battle scenes was great... i'm not discounting that. Only his stupor.
Yeah, that whole "oh my dad is rich right" and him reverting back to a 10 year old was hard to watch. Could have been written a liitle better with the amnesia bit.

that right there kind of mucks up conners unless they just pretend that never happened. However the lizard would be too repetitive. A guy personally connected to Peter becomes the bad guy.

This would be the sixth time that happened. too repetititive.
Unfortunately, this is the one villain along with Norman and Brock he should have a connection to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"