Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right. As much as I hate many things that were done in x3, the worst thing you can do is devote a movie to undoing it or ignoring it. Which is why I dont want an x4, cuz I just dont see how it will work.

Ignoring or undoing events of the movie make the series a joke with no credibility. Going with the events of the movie gives us a sequel without Cyclops, jean, rogue, or Xavier.

Theoretically, we could exist without magneto because that could make way for sinister or someone. But no Xavier, jean, Cyclops or rogue leaves us with a team of storm (?) and wolverine (?) - assuming Jackman and berry come back - a powerless rogue (unless of course we convolute the movie by undoing the cure), and characters like colossus, iceman, and kitty pryde which might work in an 80's comic run, but not quite as well in the movies. But then again banshee, havok and beast worked.

I dont know, I just dont really see where x4 could go that wouldn't take the franchise in an incredibly different direction that taints the credibility and legacy of the films. I think they are already close to ruining the legacy with all these directors who dont want to be bound to the other movies and all this talk of ignoring this film or that film. First class worked, but I think they're really starting to push it.

If these disappointing box office numbers result in no more xmen movies being made, I will be satisfied. Even tho I liked x3 and wolverine, first class brought some dignity back to the franchise, and I think itd be great to see the series end on a high note. Let hugh do his wolverine movies, and call it a day.
20th Century Fox might have something to say about that.
After Wolverine,
There is still a possibilty of Deadpool and if not that there are quite a few other X properties out there.
It is not over yet.

Even If the Last Stand remains In Canon Xavier awoke In post Credits scene in new body which according to the commentary was Xavier's twin Brother born brain dead.
And that brings Xavier back.Magneto regained his powers In Closing shot so very easy
to have Rogue with her powers again.And Mystique as well If she Is Included.

I have made no secret I have no problem with Complete Ignoring of Last Stand as well as Wolverine.As long as X-Men and X2 or more or less keep In Contunity I am fine with
what they do.

For X4 they will have to make decsions on who to pay money to bring back.I feel we would have a better film If they just Ignore Last Stand due to the holes Brett Ratner
dug the franchise Into.

Characters Like Colossus(although I doudt Colossus wouldn't be recast) Iceman(This time using Iceform more) and Kitty Pryde(One of the very few good things Ratner did was cast Ellen Page.While I have doudts Ellen would return that Isn't because I didn't like her as Kitty)

Fox Isn't going to Ignore the box Office possibilties of reuniting Hugh Jackman with other vets of the X_Men films.

Even If the Last Stand remains In Canon Xavier awoke In post Credits scene in new body which according to the commentary was Xavier's twin Brother born brain dead.
And that brings Xavier back.Magneto regained his powers In Closing shot so very easy

I have made no secret I have no problem with Complete Ignoring of Last Stand as well as Wolverine.As long as X-Men and X2 or more or less keep In Contunity I am fine with
what they do.

For X4 they will have to make decsions on who to pay money to bring back.I feel we would have a better film If they just Ignore Last Stand due to the holes Brett Ratner
dug the franchise Into.

Characters Like Colossus(although I doudt Colossus wouldn't be recast) Iceman(This time using Iceform more) and Kitty Pryde(One of the very few good things Ratner did was cast Ellen Page.While I have doubts Ellen would return that Isn't because I didn't like her as Kitty)

Fox Isn't going to Ignore the box Office possibilties of reuniting Hugh Jackman with other vets of the X_Men films.
They could also bring back Jean by going the Madelyne Pryor route and since they never really showed Scott dying he could be brought back. If Ellen decide not to return they could bring in Jubilee to fill in.

I have thought of them using madalane Pryor as way to bring back Famke janssen.But,that would work better If they Ignore The Last Stand and have madaline
catch Cyclops' eye.It's very problematic to bring back Cyclops In a post Last Stand film
since his glasses were left on beach and It's very hard to come up with reason.

As I have said I expect them to give Rogue Kitty's role If X4 adapts Days of Future past.Jubilee has always been a poor excuse to try to fill Kitty's shoes.

what they do.

dug the franchise Into.

Characters Like Colossus(although I doudt Colossus wouldn't be recast) Iceman(This time using Iceform more) and Kitty Pryde(One of the very few good things Ratner did was cast Ellen Page.While I have doudts Ellen would return that Isn't because I didn't like her as Kitty)

I feel like that stuff convolutes and cheapens the franchise to no end and that ignoring it is a cop out which cheapens it. That's why I dont want any post x3 sequels. Maybe there are more comic stories to tell, but the movie storyline came to an end. Not everything from the comics needs to be adapted.

I'd rather just see the franchise end before it gets run into the ground, which is exactly what will happen if sequels are made to undo past movies or ignore them completely.

Of course I understand its a business and they can still juice the properties for all the money they can, but that's exactly my concern. First Class is already that. It wasnt needed, it didn't add anything to the story. Were just lucky it turned out good. I dont see that happening with sequels that are just made to undo and ignore past movies and juice the property for all its worth.

Once the goals of these film makers becomes ignoring the franchise and taking away from it instead of adding to it, its time to quit. And honestly at this point, I dont trust anyone to make an xmen movie that will satisfy me, not even singer and Vaughn despite the success of their last effort. Hell, especially Vaughn, given his attitude towards the franchise.

I have thought of them using madalane Pryor as way to bring back Famke janssen.But,that would work better If they Ignore The Last Stand and have madaline
catch Cyclops' eye.It's very problematic to bring back Cyclops In a post Last Stand film
since his glasses were left on beach and It's very hard to come up with reason.
They could bring Scott back like the 90's TAS series brought back Morph, he was presumed dead for like the first 2 seasons only to be revelaed that Sinister had rescued him form the Sentinels and was performing genetic experiments on him.

Since Sinister's character has always been linked to Jean and Cyclops, I think it could fit perfectly.

With Famke Janssen I just don't see a way to bring her back.If they were to Ignore The Last Stand it wouldn't be alternate version of the Phoenix story.
And If they don't Ignore Last Stand they killed Jean off.And I just don't think
they would spend a whole lot of time undoing certain things the Last Stand
did.
phoe·nix/ˈfēniks/

Noun: (in classical mythology) A unique bird that lived for five or six centuries in the Arabian desert, after this time burning itself on a funeral pyre and rising from the ashes with renewed youth to live through another cycle.

Add in all we know about comic characters that "die", movie characters that "die", and the Phoenix character in particular. No need to ignore X3 to bring her back. :)

Prof X certainly didn't "die". And since we should know the rules about "character dies offscreen" in movies...that means Scott didn't "die" either.

Let's stick to the box office discussion, everyone. You can speculate about the next movies in the other threads.

Well at least it got 2,726,803 in its 11th day compare to what Wolverine got in its 11th day ($1,975,325).

I still want X4 than Second Class.

But I would be sad than to not see Emma Frost and Banshee again!

And Shadowcat better not be back for X4!

I still want X4 than Second Class.

But I would be sad than to not see Emma Frost and Banshee again!

And Shadowcat better not be back for X4!

You don't want Shadowcat? How do you feel about Paquin and Berry returning?

With Famke Janssen I just don't see a way to bring her back.If they were to Ignore The Last Stand it wouldn't be alternate version of the Phoenix story.
And If they don't Ignore Last Stand they killed Jean off.And I just don't think
they would spend a whole lot of time undoing certain things the Last Stand
did.

phoe·nix/ˈfēniks/

Noun: (in classical mythology) A unique bird that lived for five or six centuries in the Arabian desert, after this time burning itself on a funeral pyre and rising from the ashes with renewed youth to live through another cycle.

Add in all we know about comic characters that "die", movie characters that "die", and the Phoenix character in particular. No need to ignore X3 to bring her back. :)

Prof X certainly didn't "die". And since we should know the rules about "character dies offscreen" in movies...that means Scott didn't "die" either.

Going by that premise I wouldn't have a problem by resurrecting Jean from the ashes. Actually I like it because she's not called Phoenix for nothing. but I wonder If other ppl would buy it.

I would be happy If I could have both XFC and X4 filmed back to back.

OT, it's good news that XFC is performing better than WO. Let's hope next weekend does close to 14 mill.

At least the movie went over 100mil Domestic...sure as hell isn't going to make it's budget back though.

It'll make about $150. Its budget was $135-$140.

It'll make about $150. Its budget was $135-$140.

I loved the film and want it to do well, but with how full this summer is, I have a hard time seeing it get to $150. Then again, with all the crap reviews for Green Lantern, maybe X-men will stay in the #2 spot this weekend.

It's been following X1 and the first FF pretty closely in terms of numbers, and both films made it to $150. I really see no reason why First Class wont do the same.

$2,968,837 on Tuesday
$103,718,975 total.

This weekend Is going to be the test for First Class.How well can It stand against
Green Lantern and Super 8.Green Lantern Is going to have big opening weekend but
certainly Isn't getting the reviews First Class got.If First Class can make 15 Million this
weekend It has sot at X-Men and Fantastic Four lever gross.

The bad news will be If first Class dropped to 10 Million.If people want sequel it can't get an Incredible Hulk or Fantastic Four:Rise of the Silver Surfer lever Domestic Gross.

Now there Is a possibilty Fox will look at combined gross but they might Insist on a smaller budget for sequel.

It'll do about $12 million this weekend, which is still on par with X1 and FF.

$2,968,837 on Tuesday
$103,718,975 total.

Good news.It held the monday numbers.If this holds out today and Tomorrow
bu the time Green Lantern hits we can see First Class with 107 Million.

You think First Class will only make 3 million today and tomorrow? :huh:

109-110 by weeks end.

$2,968,837 on Tuesday
$103,718,975 total.

Wow, thats actually an increase from Monday, hopefully this means WOM is kicking in and its numbers will hold strongly in the next couple of weeks.

You think First Class will only make 3 million today and tomorrow? :huh:

109-110 by weeks end.

It has 103 Million through tuesday.If it makes 2 Million today and 2 Million
Thursday It Is up to 107 Million by the time Green Lantern hits after midnight.

The thing that saddens me, is the fact that Green Lantern will most likely make more money than this, just because it appealed to the general audience more than this did. It saddens me, because from the reviews coming in, it's no where close to the quality story First Class provided. Oh well. I'll make my final judgement of the movie after I see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"