Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: First Class Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is anybody harping on the continuity in this movie?

Well, it's a point that is going to be raised, especially by those who want total immersion in the movie universe.

I was at the London Comic Con this weekend and as well as attending a panel by First Class/Thor writers Stentz/Miller, i was chatting to others in the press room (including the organisers and various writers who popped in). You would not believe how totally fixated and uncompromising the diehard fanboys are - as well as being ignorant of information. It was almost too much to bear. I felt like the lone voice of common sense and accurate information most of the time.

XFC has a 96% on rottentomatoes...wtf!! I was going to watch it in theaters but it has a negative review so I'll be waiting for it on dvd.

You know what they say, "ignorance is bliss"! It should be "ignorance is blind," I think.

Still about 150 more reviews to be added to RT before Saturday, though. :/

damn
thank you Simon Miraudo

Last edited:
New York City. :o

Seeing it Thursday at 9.

I hope you know 9pm shows don't get counted towards the opening weekend total.:cwink:

Smacks of what Paramount did with IM1 when they had 10pm shows. It caused the film to miss the 100M OW mark by like 1.5M.:doh:

No, it's a pre-screening. It's free. :o

And I have a feeling JP is going to be seeing this movie more than once this weekend. :up:

Yeah, like midnight following. :o

I have to go on Friday morning, because my dad has a party to go to later in the day. I definitely want to see it again when there will actually be people in the audience.

I'm already on my vacation days as of 5 hrs ago and won't have to be back at work until 10pm on Sunday night. So midnight screening at 12:01am on Friday..here I come. :)

The Friday 7PM showing at a theater in Union Square is already sold out. :eek:

The Friday 7PM showing at a theater in Union Square is already sold out. :eek:

Somebody posted that a few days ago on IMDB. Was that you? That seems odd. Somebody must have bought a block of tickets.

The film leaves you wanting more, and hoping that a sequel is in development. First Class is not only better than any of the previous X-Men films, but handles the balance between the comic books, the previous films, and manages to entertain a new audience better than most superhero films out there.

This is a film you’ll want to watch again the moment you’ve left the cinema and will buy the day it comes out on DVD without a second thought. X-Men First Class is a First Class film that I can’t recommend enough. If you’re going to see any film in the next 6 weeks, make it X-Men.

http://www.thefilmpilgrim.com/reviews/x-men-first-class-review/3818

All the critics putting in positive reviews were obviously paid off, true story, saw it on the intranets.

But i believe they all pointed out to the fact that the movie used the fire club to provide eye candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"