The Pokémon "Turquoise Version" RPG OOC Thread

PokeRPG

Civilian
Reaction score
torukobanner2.png

Welcome to The Pokémon "Turquoise Version" RPG

Much like the other RPGs within the SuperHeroHype! Boards, this roleplaying game is designed for a new Pokémon Region in which all of the Pokémon from Generations I through IV can co-exist. This is a mature look on the Pokémon Universe that has otherwise in the past been viewed as childish.

Given this is the first season, the only pre-established history is the history of the Toruko Region and the information provided about the Gym Leaders of this new region.

GAMEMASTERS
trustyside-kick - Game Master
SuperFerret - Assistant GM
Carnage27 - Assistant GM

-------------

RULES

You may play as any 2 human characters from the games, comics, anime, or you may choose to create your own character. Just be sure to assign them a class. You may not, however, be able to play any members of the Elite Four or the defending Champion of this Pokémon Leage.

Our region is the new Toruko Region, but your character can be native to either the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh regions if you desire it to be so. Please note that the Seafoam Islands in the Toruko Regions is the same Seafoam Islands from the Kanto Region but the Mt. Pyre in the Toruko Region is not the same Mt. Pyre in the Hoenn Region.

You are allowed to carry 6 Pokémon at a time. If you have more than 6 Pokémon the rest must remain in some sort of storage.

Legendaries may not be caught, beaten, or killed. But you are allowed to interact with him by chasing them and challenging them.

When battling one of the Gym Leaders, keep in mind that just because they have 6 Pokémon at least for battling they will not always use six. Just like in the show, the Gym Leader will only use as many Pokémon as the challenger has. So if you are battling an NPC Gym Leader keep that in mind when you challenge them. If you are interacting with a PC Gym Leader, the player playing the Gym Leader must honor this rule.

Battling is like the show, so you can have your Pokémon dodge attacks and combo attacks like Agility+Quick Attack for example. You are not restricted to only 4 moves per Pokémon unlike the video games. Your Pokémon may perform any move they are able to naturally learn, but please be wise about this. I love Squirtle. He is my FAVORITE Pokémon, but if my trainer is a new trainer who just got his first Squirtle, my Squirtle shouldn't be performing Hydro Pump as though it was something as basic as Bubble. So we please ask that you be smart and mature about the moves your Pokémon performs depending on how powerful it is.

Hidden Moves (HMs) do not exist in this RPG. Just think about it, if you have to teach your Blastoise Surf just to ride on its back when it is a fairly large Water-type Pokémon, or if you have to teach your Charizard Fly just to ride on its back when it is a fairly large Fire-type Pokémon that can fly...that isn't realistic at all. You shouldn't have to teach a Pokémon Cut if they have claws. Just be reasonable here. Obviously, you aren't going to be flying on the back of a Pidgey or Spearow because they are so tiny. But it isn't so farfetched to hang onto your Squirtle and swim a distance but it shouldn't be a great distance because obviously the Pokémon would get tired from pulling on your weight with Squirtle being so small. So just be realistic given that this is not the video game. Technical Moves however are in the game and are explained below after the rules and other information.

Know your Pokémon an their weaknesses. Just because you are writing your own story does not mean you can ignore the fact that Water-type Pokémon have a weakness to Electric and Grass-type attacks, unless it is a Water-type Pokémon whose second type allows them to have an immunity or resistance (ex: Swampert is a Water/Ground-type so he Electric attacks do not work on it). If you are unsure what attacks your Pokemon is weaker against or has resistance or immunity against, please check this website and scroll down either numerically or alphabetically to find the Pokémon you are searching for. Undernearth the "Evolution Chain" box you will see a "Damage Taken" box which will tell you specifically what type of moves your Pokémon are affected by and how.

Constructive criticism of posts can be given, but don't be an jerk about it and openly criticize another's work.

Communication is the one word to live by for the RPGs. Good communication between players not only helps the flow of the arc and increases the enjoyment of the storytelling process, but it also helps create new twists and ideas that can make for some memorable stories.

Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.

You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post without prior notice, your character is up for grabs.

The Gamemasters have the final say in matters in the RPG. You may not always like their judgement, but that's life. Arguing about it is not only pointless, but does absolutely nothing to help your cause.

There should be minimal cursing and swearing in posts. Even though we are taking a mature spin on the world of Pokémon, you should not be dropping f-bombs just because it is "in character" all over the place.

There will be NO bypassing of the Hype! censor. This is a Hype! rule and no exceptions will be made.

People who disobey these rules, some more major than others, will get booted from the RPG by the Gamemasters. Further problems will cause the Hype! Mods to get involved and lead to bannings and possibly worse.

-------------​

The Legend of Tereant

torukolegendarypoke3.png

-------------

The Gym Leaders of the Toruko Region

gymleaderbiosrpg3.png

The Pokemon League of the Toruko Region

torukoelitefour1.png

-------------
pokestages1.png

torukotms.png

torukotravel3.png

classes3.png

-------------

The Pokémon "Turquoise Version" RPG Application

Name of Character (are they from the comics, show, made-up, or games??):

Character's Personality:

Font (be specific):

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc):

What town is your character from (can be from any region)?

What is their current location (does not have to be hometown)?

Starter Pokémon (choose up to six; you are allowed a maximum of one Stage II and two Stage I's at the start; but if you choose not to have any Stage II Pok
émon you can have a maximum of three Stage I's):

If you have more Pokémon in storage what are they (if you chose 1 Stage II Pok
émon and 2 Stage I Pokémon for your 6 starters the Pokémon in storage must be Basic Pokémon):

TMs in your TM Case (choose up to 5):

Why have you chosen this character?:

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

-------------
pokemondiamondandpearlge.png

Last edited:
Players of the Toruko Region

torukoroster3.png

List Roster

Aaron Campteron
TrueMastermind
Trainer
of Kanto & Toruko Region

Application

Alabaster White
SuperFerret
Crime Boss/Owner of Premier PokeBall Corp.
of Toruko Region

Application

Blue Oak
Carnage27
Trainer/Pokémon Aide
of Kanto Region

Application

Cain

In2Minds
Elitist
of Kanto Region

Application

Eco
Aever
Trainer
of Sinnoh Region

Application

Faye Greens
Mistress Gluon
Researcher/Ace Trainer
of Toruko Region

Application

Felice
Arckand
PokéManiac
of Johto Region

Application

Jon
Blacklight
Trainer
of Kanto, Johto, & Toruko Region

Application

Jonathan
Aever
Trainer
of Kanto Region

Application

Lt. Matis Surge
raindog13
Gym Leader
of Kanto Region

Application

Matt Scoopman
Byrd Man
News Reporter
of Johto Region

Application

Nicholas Lee
Mr.Marko
Trainer
of Toruko Region

Application

Owen Bruer
trustyside-kick
Herbalist/Brewer
of Hoenn Region

Application

Sam Daly
TrueMastermind
Researcher/Trainer/Collector
of Sinnoh Region
Application

Sean Seafoam
Carnage27
Agent of the International Police
of Hoenn Region

Application

Shade
Mr. Marko
Criminal
of Toruko Region

Application

Vincent Rivers
trustyside-kick
Gym Leader/Pokémon Aide
of Toruko Region

Application

Violet
SuperFerret
Pokémon Ranger
of Kanto Region

Application

Last edited:
World Map

torukoregionmap4.png

Towns & Areas of the Toruko Region

torukostartertowns2.png

willowtown.png

sparkplugcity1.png

galenacityq.png

crookedtown.png

supremecity1.png

mountpyre.png

apparitionmtn1.png

seafoamislands1.png

Last edited:
CaelCard.jpg

Name of Character:
Cael Armstrong

Character's Personality: Strong and assertive, but also willing to help others. He is a gym leader, but is very active in the community as well. He is somewhat of a vigilante in Galena, often assisting the Police with Pokemon-related crimes and investigations. He is independent and is of the mindset that if you want something done right, you should do it yourself.

Font (be specific): Normal font, bold, dark red

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc): Gym Leader

What town is your character from (can be from any region)? Galena City

What is their current location (does not have to be hometown)? Galena City

Starter Pokemon (choose up to six; only one of the Pokemon can be fully evolved if you choose to have one fully evolved; only Gym Leaders are exempt from this rule):

1. Tyranitar (II)
2. Primeape (I)
3. Steelix (I)
4. Skarmory (Basic)
5. Makuhita (Basic)
6. Bulbasaur (Basic)

If you have more Pokemon in storage what are they: Sandshrew, Geodude, Cranidos, Diglett, Cubone, Aron (as per the gym leader bio card).

1. TM26 - Earthquake (Cael gives this to anyone who wins his badge)

Why have you chosen this character?: I played Brock last time this RPG came around, and I wanted to play a gym leader.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Cael stood triumphantly on his half of the large Battle Hall of the Galena City Gym. “Good try, Tube.”

The teenage boy sighed, calling his now unconscious Machop in. "I got my butt kicked."

Cael chuckled. "Yeah, but you're improving." He turned to his Makuhita, who was panting from the battle. "He's getting better, isn't he?" Makuhita nodded; Cael grinned at the boy. "See?"

"Well, thanks for the practice, Cael. I better get home before dinner gets cold."

"No problem, kid."
Cael pulled a Pokeball from his belt, calling Makuhita back.

Suddenly, a voice came over the intercom. "Cael to the meeting room, please. Cael to the meeting room."

Cael sighed. "What could they want this time?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cael approached the meeting room to find two police officers standing outside the room. "Officers? What can I do for you?"

One of the officers pulled a picture from his pocket, handing it to Cael. "Another attack. This time it appears that they were Ice Pokemon."

Cael took the picture, staring at it long and hard. It was a picture of a large building on the outskirts of Galena City; its windows were shattered and the entire building was covered in a thick sheet of ice. "Have your people gotten any closer to finding any clues?"

The officer shook his head. "Nothing. These guys, whoever they are, are good. They did, however, steal an entire shipment of evolutionary stones."

Cael handed the officer the picture. "I'm going to have to see this one for myself." Without another word, he walked past the two officers, already holding a Pokeball in his hand. As soon as he reached the entrance, he threw it to the ground. In a billow of light, a large Skarmory appeared. "Lets head to the southwest corner of town. I'm sick of waiting around for these cops to find clues." The Skarmory nodded as Cael mounted it. "I doubt they would even know what to look for." With that, they flew into the sky, leaving the gym far below them.

Last edited:

Vincent Rivers (Made-up)

Character's Personality:
Vincent is astounded by Water-type Pokémon. He lives in the Seafoam Islands where he works for a Pokémon Professor as an aid. Although, for certain tests he does not restrict himself to purely Water-type Pokémon. He sometimes must use some of the Professor's other Pokémon. Water-type Pokémon are merely what he prefers. He works together with his Pokémon in order to do certain experiments and tests for Professor Howard Campbell at the coast of the Islands.

His entire family has a strong love for Water-type Pokémon. Simon Rivers, Vincent's grandfather, started Offshore Gym and Malcom Rivers, Vincent's father, was fascinated with discovering and chasing after rare and thought to be near-extinct Water-type Pokémon. Seth followed in their grandfather's footsteps and became a talented trainer and took over the duties as Gym Leader of Offshore Gym when Simon stepped down after losing the lust for battle after Malcom went missing.

His older brother Seth used to tease Vincent because of his choice of not battling his Pokémon, yet he is a huge fan of watching Pokémon battles take place during Tournaments on his television. Seth would tell him of the potential he and his Pokémon could have, which would eventually be revealed since after Seth was badly injured when he ran into Articuno, Vincent took over as Gym Leader and has been the Gym Leader for 2 years now.

Font (be specific):
Bolded, Royal Blue Tahoma font.

Gym Leader/Pokémon Aide

Seafoam Islands

Seafoam Islands

Starter Pokémon
(choose up to six; you are allowed a maximum of one Stage II and two Stage I's at the start; but if you choose not to have any Stage II Pokémon you can have a maximum of three Stage I's):

Blastoise
Blastoise_by_ShinLeeJin.png

Squirtle
vincentsquirtle.png

Torkoal
torkoal.png

Turtwig
turtwig.png

Mantyke
mantyke.png

If you have more Pokémon in storage what are they:
(I'm listing the other Pokémon that Vincent uses for Gym Battles)
Crawdaunt
crawdaunt.png

Spheal
spheal.png

Vaporeon
vaporeon.png

Psyduck
psyduck.png

Krabby
krabby.png

TM 55 - Brine (Vincent gives this to anyone who wins his badge)

TM 47 - Gyro Ball

TM 68 - Giga Impact

TM 50 - Overheat

TM 17 - Protect

As the Game Master of this game I am playing one of the Gym Leaders for the trainers who wish to challenge this new Pokémon League, but I will not be removing the character's roots as he initially was a Pokémon Aide as he still will be doing research.

This post will serve as a flashback post in the game. said:
"Still looking at dumb old sea shells, I see."

Seth walks into Professor Campbell's laboratory where he finds his baby brother sitting at one of the desks, examining some shells. Vincent sighs at the mere fact that he should've expected his brother to start the classic argument over again. Here he almost thought for a minute his older brother would act like the mature one of the group.

Vincent may be his 'baby brother' but only by 8 years. Vincent is 20 whereas Seth is 28. Seth has been training ever since he was 15 to engage in Pokémon battles to restore the honor of their family's past. Their grandfather on their father's side was once a great Pokémon Master.

Although, with Vincent...all he can ever recall from his childhood starts with his fascination of Pokémon and their environment. One could argue that he favors Water-type Pokémon because he grew up on an island where there are a plethora of them near the coast, but Vincent is not naive. He knows of all the types of Pokémon that are out there; he just admires the strengths and weaknesses of Water-type Pokémon the most.

"Before you start on your rant about how I'm wasting my time and should follow in our grandfather's footsteps of becoming a great Pokémon trainer and one day a Master, Seth...you should know that this is no ordinary shell. The way it's shaped, looks like--"

"A load of stinkin' crap."

"Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of possibly being a fossil shell from an Omanyte."

"Listen little bro, you got a Squirtle and a Corphish just aching to do some butt-whooping and what do you do with 'em? I still cannot believe that Professor Campbell is giving you one of his Torkoals either. I'd actually put the Torkoal to use and make him both an offensive and defensive Fire-type Pokémon to be reckoned with. What are you going to do, light up your bunsen burner with it?"

Vincent chuckles at his brother's joke. He stops what he is doing for a brief moment and puts down his pen. He turns towards his brother, about to say something as he raises his hand to make a gesture, and then stops as the words were about to seep out of his lips. Then, he shrugs his shoulders briefly, and brings his attention back to his work.

"Seriously, Vinny...you're killing me here with this scientific mumbo jumbo! Geez! If Lorena turned out to be a dude, I would have griped her butt too...but she isn't. She my sister and I love her and her feelings towards Pokémon. But we gotta restore the honor to the men of the Rivers Family! We could train with each other even!"

Vincent shakes his head to the side and smirks for a moment as he continues to ignore his older brother.

"...if it ticks you off, I just may end up using Torkoal as a bunsen burner striker. Thanks for the tip, Seth."

Vincent gathers up his things, and heads out the door. He has a scheduled agenda he has to work with. And right now it is telling him to meet up with Professor Campbell.

Last edited:
CaelCard.jpg

Name of Character:
Cael Armstrong

Character's Personality: Strong and assertive, but also willing to help others. He is a gym leader, but is very active in the community as well. He is somewhat of a vigilante in Galena, often assisting the Police with Pokemon-related crimes and investigations. He is independent and is of the mindset that if you want something done right, you should do it yourself.

Font (be specific): Normal font, bold, dark red

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc): Gym Leader

What town is your character from (can be from any region)? Galena City

What is their current location (does not have to be hometown)? Galena City

Starter Pokemon (choose up to six; only one of the Pokemon can be fully evolved if you choose to have one fully evolved; only Gym Leaders are exempt from this rule):

1. Tyranitar (II)
2. Primeape (I)
3. Steelix (I)
4. Skarmory (Basic)
5. Makuhita (Basic)
6. Bulbasaur (Basic)

If you have more Pokemon in storage what are they: Sandshrew, Geodude, Cranidos, Diglett, Cubone, Aron (as per the gym leader bio card).

1. TM26 - Earthquake (Cael gives this to anyone who wins his badge)

Why have you chosen this character?: I played Brock last time this RPG came around, and I wanted to play a gym leader.

Cael stood triumphantly on his half of the large Battle Hall of the Galena City Gym. “Good try, Tube.”

The teenage boy sighed, calling his now unconscious Machop in. "I got my butt kicked."

Cael chuckled. "Yeah, but you're improving." He turned to his Makuhita, who was panting from the battle. "He's getting better, isn't he?" Makuhita nodded; Cael grinned at the boy. "See?"

"Well, thanks for the practice, Cael. I better get home before dinner gets cold."

"No problem, kid."
Cael pulled a Pokeball from his belt, calling Makuhita back.

Suddenly, a voice came over the intercom. "Cael to the meeting room, please. Cael to the meeting room."

Cael sighed. "What could they want this time?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cael approached the meeting room to find two police officers standing outside the room. "Officers? What can I do for you?"

One of the officers pulled a picture from his pocket, handing it to Cael. "Another attack. This time it appears that they were Ice Pokemon."

Cael took the picture, staring at it long and hard. It was a picture of a large building on the outskirts of Galena City; its windows were shattered and the entire building was covered in a thick sheet of ice. "Have your people gotten any closer to finding any clues?"

The officer shook his head. "Nothing. These guys, whoever they are, are good. They did, however, steal an entire shipment of evolutionary stones."

Cael handed the officer the picture. "I'm going to have to see this one for myself." Without another word, he walked past the two officers, already holding a Pokeball in his hand. As soon as he reached the entrance, he threw it to the ground. In a billow of light, a large Skarmory appeared. "Lets head to the southwest corner of town. I'm sick of waiting around for these cops to find clues." The Skarmory nodded as Cael mounted it. "I doubt they would even know what to look for." With that, they flew into the sky, leaving the gym far below them. .

approvalPIC.jpg

Last edited:
Name of Character (are they from the comics, show, made-up, or games??): Lt. Matis Surge (games)

Character's Personality: Having nearly been killed in warfare, Surge is very paranoid and is prone to flashbacks. Surge has a great respect for bravado and toughness as he feels is what helped him survive. Surge created and utilizes an arrogant and boisterous persona against challengers to mask and cope with his true self: stoic, pessimistic, and broken. As battles escalate, however, his arrogance and excitement become sincere.

Font (be specific): impact, green

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc): Kanto Gym Leader

What town is your character from (can be from any region)? Vermillion City, Kanto

What is their current location (does not have to be hometown)? Vermillion, en route to Turquoise region.

1. Raichu

2. Pikachu (“Volty”)

3. voltorb (“Twitch”)

4. magnemite (“Mac”)

5. Electabuzz (“Sarge”)

If you have more Pokemon in storage what are they: none

TMs in your TM Case (choose up to 5): I don’t know the #s but:

1. Thunderbolt

2. Shock Wave x? (I assume he has a couple of these but not for himself but as a prize for those who defeat him)

3. Grass Knot

4. Ice Punch

Why have you chosen this character?: I always thought he was interesting because he was the only instance of a soldier (I think) and an American in the Pokemon universe. In the games he always locked himself in that one section of the gym while the player had to find the secret buttons to open the door—looking back I see that as just paranoid and expanded on the idea by making him a sort of Pokemon version of a traumatized Vietnam vet.

Can’t really say why I did what I did. Maybe I just needed a break. I love Kanto. I love Vermillion City. And I love the gym. But I needed out. I was tired of waking up every morning from the same damned nightmare and heading out to the gym to put the beat down on some fresh-faced punks from Pallet or Viridian. They just got their little Bulby-saurs, beaten the badge out of that little red head from Cerulean, and think they’re ready. Just a few battles and they think they’re ready. They’re not. They haven’t seen anything yet.

The rattle of machine gun fire went off in the distance. The experienced ones immediately had their guns in hand while the newbies trembled and fumbled for their holsters. Poor bastards. Cannon fodder. Then, the bullets came flying towards us from behind the brush.

“Corporal Nelson, I want you to torch the **** outta these trees so we can get a good line of sight! Everyone get down, NOW!”

“Yes, sir!” he screamed as he went for his belt, grabbing a pokeball and hurling it to the ground. In a flash of light that illuminated the dark jungle, the orb burst open and a reptilian figure began to take shape.

“Charmeleon, flamethrower!”

The red lizard belched out a stream of flames that, within seconds, turned the trees to ash. Now we could see our attackers, staring us right in the face. Some of those bastards were in flames, flailing on the ground and screaming their goddamned heads off, but the others immediately opened fire. Private Madden was blasted in the throat by a bullet and is immediately sent to the ground. Another barrage tears apart Corporal Nelson and his Charmeleon. The jungle night is lit up again as I hear the familiar sound of an opening pokeball. Then, from enemy lines, a Donphan rolling at speeds high enough to level trees comes charging right at us.

I looked out to sea as the S.S. Anne set sail for Toruko. I struggle to maintain balance as the ship rocks from side to side. Don’t’ know why I didn’t take the train or something. Never been much of a naval man.

“Say bye bye to Vermillion,” I say to Raichu. The overgrown rat looks back at the shrinking city in the horizon and then up at me.

“We gotta lot of work ahead of us.”

Last edited:
Name of Character (are they from the comics, show, made-up, or games??): Lt. Matis Surge (games)

Character's Personality: Having nearly been killed in warfare, Surge is very paranoid and is prone to flashbacks. Surge has a great respect for bravado and toughness as he feels is what helped him survive. Surge created and utilizes an arrogant and boisterous persona against challengers to mask and cope with his true self: stoic, pessimistic, and broken. As battles escalate, however, his arrogance and excitement become sincere.

Font (be specific): impact, green

Class (Gym Leader, Camper, PokéManiac, etc): Kanto Gym Leader

What town is your character from (can be from any region)? Vermillion City, Kanto

What is their current location (does not have to be hometown)? Vermillion, en route to Turquoise region.

1. Raichu

2. Pikachu (“Volty”)

3. Electrode (“Twitch”)

4. Magneton (“Mac”)

5. Electabuzz (“Sarge”)

If you have more Pokemon in storage what are they: Lickitung, Victreebel, Lanturn

TMs in your TM Case (choose up to 5): I don’t know the #s but:

1. Thunderbolt

2. Shock Wave x? (I assume he has a couple of these but not for himself but as a prize for those who defeat him)

3. Grass Knot

4. Ice Punch

Why have you chosen this character?: I always thought he was interesting because he was the only instance of a soldier (I think) and an American in the Pokemon universe. In the games he always locked himself in that one section of the gym while the player had to find the secret buttons to open the door—looking back I see that as just paranoid and expanded on the idea by making him a sort of Pokemon version of a traumatized Vietnam vet.

Can’t really say why I did what I did. Maybe I just needed a break. I love Kanto. I love Vermillion City. And I love the gym. But I needed out. I was tired of waking up every morning from the same damned nightmare and heading out to the gym to put the beat down on some fresh-faced punks from Pallet or Viridian. They just got their little Bulby-saurs, beaten the badge out of that little red head from Cerulean, and think they’re ready. Just a few battles and they think they’re ready. They’re not. They haven’t seen anything yet.

The rattle of machine gun fire went off in the distance. The experienced ones immediately had their guns in hand while the newbies trembled and fumbled for their holsters. Poor bastards. Cannon fodder. Then, the bullets came flying towards us from behind the brush.

“Corporal Nelson, I want you to torch the **** outta these trees so we can get a good line of sight! Everyone get down, NOW!”

“Yes, sir!” he screamed as he went for his belt, grabbing a pokeball and hurling it to the ground. In a flash of light that illuminated the dark jungle, the orb burst open and a reptilian figure began to take shape.

“Charmeleon, flamethrower!”

The red lizard belched out a stream of flames that, within seconds, turned the trees to ash. Now we could see our attackers, staring us right in the face. Some of those bastards were in flames, flailing on the ground and screaming their goddamned heads off, but the others immediately opened fire. Private Madden was blasted in the throat by a bullet and is immediately sent to the ground. Another barrage tears apart Corporal Nelson and his Charmeleon. The jungle night is lit up again as I hear the familiar sound of an opening pokeball. Then, from enemy lines, a Donphan rolling at speeds high enough to level trees comes charging right at us.

I looked out to sea as the S.S. Anne set sail for Toruko. I struggle to maintain balance as the ship rocks from side to side. Don’t’ know why I didn’t take the train or something. Never been much of a naval man.

“Say bye bye to Vermillion,” I say to Raichu. The overgrown rat looks back at the shrinking city in the horizon and then up at me.

“We gotta lot of work ahead of us.”

You never fail to impress, raindog13.

approvalPIC.jpg

Matt Scoopman (Made-Up)

Character's Personality: Matt is a news hound, always going after the next big story. Regardless if it's the next big trainer or a criminal gang, he's leaping into action...kinda like a male Lois Lane but with Pokemon! As the top field reporter for WTKO, Matt has become the face that the public knows when it comes to finding out the truth.

Font (be specific): Georgia and blue

Reporter

What town is your character from (can be from any region)? Goldenrod City (Johto)

Supreme City

Starter Pokémon (choose up to six; you are allowed a maximum of one Stage II and two Stage I's at the start; only the Gym Leaders are exempt from this rule but the number of Stage II's and I's must be approved by the GM):

Scyther (Stage I)

2. Sandslash (Stage II)

3. Taillow (Stage I)

4. Geodude (Stage I)

5. Houndour (Stage I)

6. Poliwag (Stage I)

Swift

Fury Cutter

Why have you chosen this character?: Though it would be a good character to play, have fun and all that good stuff.

"Okay, sweeps is coming up," the news director says to the small group inside the conference room.

"We're going to need something big, something bold to catch the attention of people!"

"I've got it," I yell triumphantly.

"Give me Len as my camera man and we'll travel across Toruko as I live the life of an actual Pokemon trainer!"

All eyes are upon me.

"You'll live the life of a Pokemon trainer?"

"Yes, roaming from town to town and challenging Gym Leaders with nothing but your Pokemon, a backpack....and of course my dapper suits."

"Matt, do you know anything about Pokemon?"

"I...uhh...I have a few that I bought and keep in storage," I say sheepishly.

"Uh-huh...."

"What do you think?"

The news director shrugs. "What the hell? Even if you fall flat on yoru face, all of Toruko will be watching."

Matt Scoopman (Made-Up)

Character's Personality: Matt is a news hound, always going after the next big story. Regardless if it's the next big trainer or a criminal gang, he's leaping into action...kinda like a male Lois Lane but with Pokemon! As the top field reporter for WTKO, Matt has become the face that the public knows when it comes to finding out the truth.

Font (be specific):Georgia and blue

Reporter

What town is your character from (can be from any region)? Goldenrod City (Johto)

Supreme City

Starter Pokémon (choose up to six; you are allowed a maximum of one Stage II and two Stage I's at the start; only the Gym Leaders are exempt from this rule but the number of Stage II's and I's must be approved by the GM):

Scyther (Stage I)

2. Sandslash (Stage II)

3. Taillow (Stage I)

4. Geodude (Stage I)

5. Houndour (Stage I)

6. Poliwag (Stage I)

Swift

Fury Cutter

Why have you chosen this character?: Though it would be a good character to play, have fun and all that good stuff.

"Okay, sweeps is coming up," the news director says to the small group inside the conference room.

"We're going to need something big, something bold to catch the attention of people!"

"I've got it," I yell triumphantly.

"Give me Len as my camera man and we'll travel across Toruko as I live the life of an actual Pokemon trainer!"

All eyes are upon me.

"You'll live the life of a Pokemon trainer?"

"Yes, roaming from town to town and challenging Gym Leaders with nothing but your Pokemon, a backpack....and of course my dapper suits."

"Matt, do you know anything about Pokemon?"

"I...uhh...I have a few that I bought and keep in storage," I say sheepishly.

"Uh-huh...."

"What do you think?"

The news director shrugs. "What the hell? Even if you fall flat on yoru face, all of Toruko will be watching."

approvalPIC.jpg

[FONT=&quot]The Pokemon "Turquiose Version" RPG Application

AgentSean Seafoam (created character)
[/FONT]

4d737e098fd19e5b0a1f27f25bf8e7ed.png

Character's Personality: Sean is very much the “secret agent” archetype. He’s suave, handsome, and driven. He never lets his adventures get in the way of his mission, however. Think of a James Bond/Jack Bauer type, but with Pokemon

At the same time, he is very loving and devoted to his Pokemon, viewing them as his partners, much like a cop would be protective of his human partner. He also allows his Empoleon to walk free and out of his Pokeball, as Neptune(as Sean calls him) does not enjoy being contained.

Font (be specific.): Trebuchet MS

Occupation (trainer, Gym leader, ect):

What town is your character from (can be from any region)? Lilycove City (Hoenn)

Where is your characters location at the moment?:
Supreme City

Starter Pokemon:

Neptune (Empoleon)

Poseidon (Wartortle)

Juno (Eevee)

4. Venus (Turtwig)

5. Ares (Charmander)

Ice Beam

Water Pulse

Brick Break

Giga Drain

I really like the idea of a secret agent Pokemon trainer. I think it opens up a lot of opportunities for fun, and more adult storylines.

Also, I look forward to going up against whatever evil team surfaces.

“FREEZE!” I yell at the man currently running down the corridor away from me. The scumbag is a drug dealer, specializing in the selling of stun spore that’s been tampered with, offering the user an incredible high. Of course the only way to tamper with the spore is to torture and experiment on the Pokemon I infiltrated the dealing ring, and tracked the leader here.

The man ignores me, no surprise there, and I glance over at Neptune, my Empoleon and Pokemon partner, “Nep, ice beam. You know what to do.”

Neptune gives off a hoot and opens up his mouth. A beam of frosty light springs from his beak, and creates a wall of ice at the end of the corridor, trapping the drug peddler in.

“No where to go, my fried. Come quietly, and maybe you won’t go to prison all bruised up.”

“**** you!” he replies, tossing a pokeball from his hip, and out pops a Weezing.

Neptune trumpets a challenge call, and I smile, “Have it your way.”

Last edited:
Aw shucks :o

Also, quick question, are baby pokemon considered basic?

Yes. On the first post, I have a picture that classifies it all.

But just in case I read your question wrong...how are you defining "baby Pokemon" in your sentence?

Vincent Rivers (Made-up)

Character's Personality:
Vincent is astounded by Water-type Pokémon. He lives in the Seafoam Islands where he works for a Pokémon Professor as an aid. Although, for certain tests he does not restrict himself to purely Water-type Pokémon. He sometimes must use some of the Professor's other Pokémon. Water-type Pokémon are merely what he prefers. He works together with his Pokémon in order to do certain experiments and tests for Professor Howard Campbell at the coast of the Islands.

His entire family has a strong love for Water-type Pokémon. Simon Rivers, Vincent's grandfather, started Offshore Gym and Malcom Rivers, Vincent's father, was fascinated with discovering and chasing after rare and thought to be near-extinct Water-type Pokémon. Seth followed in their grandfather's footsteps and became a talented trainer and took over the duties as Gym Leader of Offshore Gym when Simon stepped down after losing the lust for battle after Malcom went missing.

His older brother Seth used to tease Vincent because of his choice of not battling his Pokémon, yet he is a huge fan of watching Pokémon battles take place during Tournaments on his television. Seth would tell him of the potential he and his Pokémon could have, which would eventually be revealed since after Seth was badly injured when he ran into Articuno, Vincent took over as Gym Leader and has been the Gym Leader for 2 years now.

Font (be specific):
Bolded, Royal Blue Tahoma font.

Gym Leader

Seafoam Islands

Seafoam Islands

Blastoise
Blastoise_by_ShinLeeJin.png

Squirtle
vincentsquirtle.png

Torkoal
torkoal.png

Turtwig
turtwig.png

Mantyke
mantyke.png

(I'm listing the other Pokémon that Vincent uses for Gym Battles)
Crawdaunt
crawdaunt.png

Walrein
walrein.png

Vaporeon
vaporeon.png

Golduck
golduck.png

Kingler
kingler.png

TM 55 - Brine (Vincent gives this to anyone who wins his badge)

TM 47 - Gyro Ball

TM 68 - Giga Impact

TM 50 - Overheat

TM 17 - Protect

As the Game Master of this game I am playing one of the Gym Leaders for the trainers who wish to challenge this new Pokémon League, but I will not be removing the character's roots as he initially was a Pokémon Aide as he still will be doing research.

Approved!

[FONT=&quot]The Pokemon "Turquiose Version" RPG Application

AgentSean Seafoam (created character)
[/FONT]

pokemon.png

Character's Personality: Sean is very much the “secret agent” archetype. He’s suave, handsome, and driven. He never lets his adventures get in the way of his mission, however. Think of a James Bond/Jack Bauer type, but with Pokemon

At the same time, he is very loving and devoted to his Pokemon, viewing them as his partners, much like a cop would be protective of his human partner. He also allows his Empoleon to walk free and out of his Pokeball, as Neptune(as Sean calls him) does not enjoy being contained.

Font (be specific.): Trebuchet MS

Occupation (trainer, Gym leader, ect):

What town is your character from (can be from any region)? Lilycove City (Hoenn)

Where is your characters location at the moment?:
Supreme City

Starter Pokemon:

Neptune (Empoleon)

Poseidon (Wartortle)

Juno (Eevee)

4. Venus (Chikorita)

5. Ares (Charmander)

Ice Beam

Water Pulse

Brick Break

Giga Drain

I really like the idea of a secret agent Pokemon trainer. I think it opens up a lot of opportunities for fun, and more adult storylines.

Also, I look forward to going up against whatever evil team surfaces.

“FREEZE!” I yell at the man currently running down the corridor away from me. The scumbag is a drug dealer, specializing in the selling of stun spore that’s been tampered with, offering the user an incredible high. Of course the only way to tamper with the spore is to torture and experiment on the Pokemon I infiltrated the dealing ring, and tracked the leader here.

The man ignores me, no surprise there, and I glance over at Neptune, my Empoleon and Pokemon partner, “Nep, ice beam. You know what to do.”

Neptune gives off a hoot and opens up his mouth. A beam of frosty light springs from his beak, and creates a wall of ice at the end of the corridor, trapping the drug peddler in.

“No where to go, my fried. Come quietly, and maybe you won’t go to prison all bruised up.”

“**** you!” he replies, tossing a pokeball from his hip, and out pops a Weezing.

Neptune trumpets a challenge call, and I smile, “Have it your way.”

Definitely like the idea of an Agent.

approvalPIC.jpg

Yes. On the first post, I have a picture that classifies it all.

But just in case I read your question wrong...how are you defining "baby Pokemon" in your sentence?

Pichu, Igglybuff, etc. I saw the picture on the first post. Got it now :up:

By the way guys...I forgot to flat out state it but just like in the last game you are allowed to apply for 2 characters. I will edit that into the first post under the rules to make that clear.

By the way guys...I forgot to flat out state it but just like in the last game you are allowed to apply for 2 characters. I will edit that into the first post under the rules to make that clear.

Oh no! Now I have to...make another one... We need a villain. :)

Can we have our characters battle and catch wild pokemon. For example, posting something up without really interacting with other characters, to show the progression of our character as a trainer, and well, as a character?

Also, how many years is this after, before, the continuity of the Pokemon Anime, Manga or Games?

You can write whatever story you want, but interaction makes things more interesting. A few posts to set things up is usually what people do though.

Can we have our characters battle and catch wild pokemon. For example, posting something up without really interacting with other characters, to show the progression of our character as a trainer, and well, as a character?

Yea, you can. Just when you are catching Pokémon please try to make it seem significant and "challenging" in a sense. As SF once mentioned, it should be a big event.

Also, how many years is this after, before, the continuity of the Pokemon Anime, Manga or Games?

There is no set continuity cut-off point. And really, I think if you wanted to say "y" occurred after "x" happened during "z" it is cool. Not everyone will be up-to-date because some of the players played only the games, and from the games only played certain Generations, and some people follow the show as well or only the show, and some people follow the manga/comic or only the comic. The beauty of this taking place in a new region allows the fluidity of no continuity cut-off point even more. If you want something to be in cannon, make it so with your character. The chance that someone is going to do something that contradicts something you have in cannon is very slim--because the majority of the players on this forum are not well versed in the PokeMythos outside of the games from what I've gathered--and if that situation comes to pass I will discuss the specific situation with my AGMs as well as the players in said situation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"