The Force Awakens The Princess Leia Organa Solo / Carrie Fisher Thread

tumblr_niybohtK781qa4gi0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nke258hIQ71u6igpho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrxo9pwUQI1skxkgco1_1280.jpg

:atp:

Phantasm, God bless you! God bless everyone in your life! :o

Carrie Fisher eating a snowball while Mark Hamill laughs

tumblr_nqu1jjQjT71skxkgco2_500.jpg

Wonderful pictures, I have never seen many of these!

Carrie Fisher definitely has the most to prove in this movie. She may be one of the original three, but lets be honest - Leia has never been adored as much as Luke or Han. Added to that, Carrie Fisher is arguably the least accomplished actor of the three, post-Star Wars. She's done a lot of TV work, but most of it seems like it's tongue in cheek "Help me, whoever" type stuff. At least to me.
And it's extra tough I think because Star Wars continues to be a boy's movie. She was chosen for the originals, at least in part, for her physical features... she was a beautiful lady, and it fell in line with the damsel in distress routine. Now though, she's not going to be there for visual consumption. She has to show genuine acting bonafides. And there's a lot of people out there who want her to lose, because they know her personal struggles at this point. I think there's a big group of people who think she lost something after her addiction troubles. She doesn't really look or sound like the same person anymore.

I hope she can do it, but it seems to be asking a lot of her.

The one BTS shot of Leia looks REAL good IMO. She looks like an older,experienced Leia. Exactly how she should look

She's done a lot of script doctoring and screenwriting work. So, she's not as accomplished as the other 2 in front of the camera. I do get what you're saying, though.

Is it just me or does anybody else think that Carrie Fisher has not aged well compared to Hamill and Ford? I saw the video of her during SDCC and it shocked me just how old she appears to be. I wonder if it has to do with her history of drug and alcohol abuses.

That is actually a very common assumption and consensus long before it was even speculated the series would return. However, like Hamill she has lost a significant amount of weight and im only assuming she is trying her very best for the role. How that will carry out on screen is yet to be seen, but she is a pretty whacky person and I hope she can pull it together to deliver a memorable performance. I imagine her part will be fairly low-key but I could be wrong. She looks great in that photo though, movie magic and all.

Is it just me or does anybody else think that Carrie Fisher has not aged well compared to Hamill and Ford? I saw the video of her during SDCC and it shocked me just how old she appears to be. I wonder if it has to do with her history of drug and alcohol abuses.

I think everyone has noticed she hasn't aged well. I'm mostly worried about her voice and enunciation than I am about her looks.

I don't think it's so much that as what appears to be some unwise plastic surgery. While looking older than her actual age, she still looked like herself in the early 2000s. She then gained a lot of weight and then lost it, and seemingly underwent some plastic surgery, hence the constant pouty expression now.

Plus she's been on and off bipolar meds.

I don't care too much how she looks (age affects us all) so long as she still acts like Leia.

Personally, considering her life, I think Carrie looks damn good. Both her and Hamill look better then they have in years imo.

Both Carrie and Mark got into great shape for these movies.

Carrie has been through a lot during the past 30 something years. I have direct family members who are bipolar, as is my boyfriend and another best friend. I can attest to just how trying that can be on a person. I have a great deal of sympathy and understanding for people with a mental disability as bipolar disorder, and certainly commend Carrie Fisher on how she is certainly trying her hardest. With the alcoholism and drug use, as well as weight gain... I'm sure we can all see that she has risen above that in the past several years.

Also, she has been in some pretty good movies since- When Harry Met Sally, Blues Brothers... and has roles in others like Sorority Row, Scream 3, and Jay and Silent Bob. She is a regular/frequently recurring voice actor on Family Guy, too. Add her books, comedy shows, tv roles, and script work... and it is safe to say that she has kept herself busy, despite having bumps in the road.

I'm certain she will have a memorably good role in the new film.

I'm not too familiar with the lore, but i figured Leia would have make up on, similar as the prequels for Queen Armadillo. I figured it be a good way to hide blemishes. Honestly, i don't know if she can tune in to the original character - but.. movie magic and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"