The Ratings Thread

Is there word on how this is doing on social media? I’m a bit surprised at how low the activity is on Tumblr (I was looking for GIF sets :funny:). By the time I checked Twitter, it wasn’t trending either. I suppose it’s because there aren’t any “new” ships to root for right now.

Is there word on how this is doing on social media? I’m a bit surprised at how low the activity is on Tumblr (I was looking for GIF sets :funny:). By the time I checked Twitter, it wasn’t trending either. I suppose it’s because there aren’t any “new” ships to root for right now.
I know it was trending in the top 5 on Twitter last night at some point, but The Flash was trending higher. And S&L did hit #1 on its premiere night. But looking at the numbers, this show skews older, so I don't think it's going to regularly be trending at the top on Tuesdays or anything like that.

Demo breakdowns for the ep:

2021-Mar-09-TUE-Bcast.png

Last edited:
For last night, Flash did 1 million and Superman & Lois did 1.2 million.

Flash and S&L were both down to .2's this week (even This is Us was down to its own series low for some reason), BUT S&L (.23) pulled ahead of Flash (.22) in the demo for the first time, building on its lead-in now in both the demo AND viewership (where it was already winning every week). Also, it looks like All-American might legitimately become the top show (in the demo) on The CW, which is crazy considering it was once at the bottom of the network. I've never seen it, but I have to think it must be a pretty good show to have a ratings journey like it's had.

Flash and S&L were both down to .2's this week (even This is Us was down to its own series low for some reason), BUT S&L (.23) pulled ahead of Flash (.22) in the demo for the first time, building on its lead-in now in both the demo AND viewership (where it was already winning every week). Also, it looks like All-American might legitimately become the top show (in the demo) on The CW, which is crazy considering it was once at the bottom of the network. I've never seen it, but I have to think it must be a pretty good show to have a ratings journey like it's had.

All American shows the power of Netflix. We'll see if HBOMax has that same kind of power.

S&L continues to pull ahead of its lead-in as it got a .26 in the demo and 1.24 million viewers vs. The Flash's .23 demo and .98 mil viewers. Hopefully the hiatus doesn't completely kill its momentum.

Nothing like seeing Superman in the millions. I agree that I hope the hiatus doesn't hurt its momentum.

We will have to see if Supergirl can benefit from Flash's lead-in next week.

Speaking of millions, this show is also killing it in the Live+7 (DVR) gains thus far.

The premiere: L+Same Day: .37 / 1.745 million viewers ; L+7: .76 / 3.145 million viewers (105% gain in demo, 81% gain in viewership)
1x02 "Heritage" - L+Same Day: .27 / 1.239 million viewers; L+7: .67 / 2.711 million viewers ( 148% gain in demo, 119% gain in viewership)

Those are the highest percentage gains on the network by far. All-American and Walker may be the tops on the network in live viewing, but delayed viewing is where S&L really dominates. And lucky for us, the CW has always cared more about these numbers than most.

Really glad it's doing well. I know the extra few minutes (or even less this week) probably don't make much difference but I hope this means they'll keep doing extended cuts next season as well.

S&L continues to pull ahead of its lead-in as it got a .26 in the demo and 1.24 million viewers vs. The Flash's .23 demo and .98 mil viewers. Hopefully the hiatus doesn't completely kill its momentum.

I always wonder how the CW can even run as a network with ratings like this. A local TV station probably can fair better showing reruns of Gilligan's Island. I always thought the CW would be better to run a Cable network that basically airs there TV shows like 5-6 times during the week(say if you show a new episode Monday 8 PM, you can also show it at Monday @ 11 PM, Tuesday @ 7 AM, 12 PM and 6 PM) You might even show once or twice on the weekend

I'm not surprised. 8 weeks your audience is going to move on.

It was preempted in the NY region, so I wouldn't count on those numbers to be accurate yet. They'll likely adjust when the finals come in.

Last night’s episode sees an increase from last week with 900K.

The finals for last week's eps:

The Flash - .14 demo/641k viewers
Superman & Lois - .16 demo/797k viewers

It's going to take time to regain the millions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"