The Reboot Joker

If Snyder has control...I think they can get Patrick Wilson to play a great Joker

40866_pro.jpg

He was in the Watchmen as Nite Owl too

Just to put my two cents in I've always thought Richard E Grant could be the perfect joker, he is a bit old now but I think that can be overcome with the makeup needed for the role, and while I love the Nolan bat films and what he did I still really want to see the joker from the killing joke lifted from those pages and put on film. Also just watch some of his early films and you can see how effortlessly he plays manic and crazy, best example Withnail and I

images

images

Last edited:
Never thought about Richard E Grant before, but I could definitely get behind that. Even if he is a little past his prime these days.

Michael Fassbender.

Dude has the smile and everything. I've wanted him for the Joker since I saw him in jonah hex (terrible film).

Fassbender is a good choice he could be great only sticking point is that he is Magneto for marvel, going back to Richard E Grants age if he was to old for joker he would also make a good Alfred :cwink:

who said the joker was a spring chicken anyways? maybe he's old. in AA and AC he looks old and wrinkly and it looks awesome.

who said the joker was a spring chicken anyways? maybe he's old. in AA and AC he looks old and wrinkly and it looks awesome.
It can go either way, that's the beauty of it. Heath Ledger was in his twenties, Nicholson and Romero were both in their 50s.

I'm sure it's been talked about before, but THE most important thing for me is that they do NOT do Batman's first encounter with the Joker.

I've seen that story twice on screen now. I'm good. One of the best parts about the characters' relationship in the comics is its longevity. The fact that it's a twisted dance that just keeps going and going.

I want that explored. What was teased at the end of The Dark Knight but couldn't be done for obvious reasons.

Basically. Give me a Batman and Joker who are already familiar with each other please :up:

And Harley Quinn.

I would love to see a Joker escape from Arkham. I think that would be a great way of introducing a more 'established' Joker into a movie, because you could showcase his whole skillset: from chemistry, to intimidation, to cunning, to old fashioned ultra violence!

I would love to see a Joker escape from Arkham. I think that would be a great way of introducing a more 'established' Joker into a movie, because you could showcase his whole skillset: from chemistry, to intimidation, to cunning, to old fashioned ultra violence!

Reg, I've liked you more and more with each post I've seen recently :up:

I agree, Nolan proved that the Joker doesn't need an origin and it could easily be implied in the film they have a history, everyone knows who the Joker is, as good as Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson were I still don't feel like we have seen the Joker from the comics, in the context of their own movies all previous incarnations of the character have been great but I'm hoping that we will now be getting a more comic faithful adaptation of Batman and have some of the more fantastical elements carried over, and by that I don't mean "Batman the brave and the bold " I really enjoyed that show but on film it would come across like the 60'S show, but hopefully what we will get is closer to the Arkham asylum games something grittier while still allowing a more fantastical approach to the character.

Since, as mentioned, the age isn't much of a factor, perhaps James Woods?

If nothing else, he would do a kick-ass Joker voice.

James Woods is another interesting choice, on his day he is a great actor

Yeah, the Joker doesn't have to be a young guy, but I can't really see him doing it as he is now, but I could totally see it around the time of Withnail.

Yeah, the Joker doesn't have to be a young guy, but I can't really see him doing it as he is now, but I could totally see it around the time of Withnail.

Yeah I have to agree even though in my head Richard E Grant would have been my perfect Joker I do think he is to old now, but when I watch his early films especially Withnail, and I can just so easily imagine him as the character, someone else though would be Crispin Glover for me he is an interesting actor and some fans seem to feel the same.

An older Joker? Check out the supremely talented Mark Heap. You'll be glad you did.

Read the last couple of pages. It was explained.

No it wasn't, and certainly not well. It was explained that somehow Batman automatically becomes the offshoot of Joker if the man who killed his parents eventually becomes The Joker...even though at the time, The Joker didn't exist yet. It was Jack Napier.

And then it was assumed that Batman must only somehow become Batman out of a desire for revenge if he ends up seeking revenge against one person at a later point in time.

Neither of those points of view is really even logical, and its not borne out by what is found in the 1989 BATMAN movie, either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"