The Reboot Joker

Jim Carrey as the Joker would just be another Riddler but re-skinned as the Joker. I have no reason to believe that Carrey would be compelling.

I think Carey's dramatic acting is way overrated in fanboy circles.

Not Joker related, but I always thought Robin Williams would be an awesome Hugo Strange.

I think Carey's dramatic acting is way overrated in fanboy circles.

Why specifically fanboy circles? I think a good chunk of film fans in general like his dramatic stuff.

So in many sites said that Adrien Brody (who was up for The Joker in TDK) told to Metro that he's interested in playing the Joker in some DC movies, what do you think?
adrien-brody.jpg

Looks-wise he would certainly make a good Joker, probably closer to the comic version than Ledger's was (and before anyone thinks I'm dissing Ledger, I'm not - he was epic in the role). He's got a skinny-ish face, thin and long nose and I could really see him in the Joker makeup.

Decent actor too, though it will be a tough job for anyone to do the role without the inevitable Ledger comparisons.

Failing that I still think Crispin Glover could be interesting, he's 'intense' and certainly kooky enough for the role

Crispin-Glover-Willard.jpg

Last edited:
Now Glover, that's a guy who's overrated a bit in my opinion.

I feel Crispin Glover is too much on the nose as Joker, a bit too obvious if you know what I mean. Adrien Brody I can get with, cos he has the acting chops plus he already has the comic aquiline features.

Someone mentioned Sharlto Copley and that's probably my current top pick. Want to see an evil Murdock!

I think that Sharlto Copley has the looks.
sharlto_zps55becb05.png

He has already proven that he can play a violent psychopath.

I feel Crispin Glover is too much on the nose as Joker, a bit too obvious if you know what I mean. Adrien Brody I can get with, cos he has the acting chops plus he already has the comic aquiline features.

Someone mentioned Sharlto Copley and that's probably my current top pick. Want to see an evil Murdock!

I see what you mean, he's perhaps a bit too obvious. But then again, the 'Joker' is a really extreme kind of role, he's such a weird and eccentric character that I sometimes think you need someone equally intense and (maybe) weird to do it justice - someone who gives off those vibes easily. Ledger wasn't weird as such, but he was certainly intense and hugely focused/absorbed in the role, in a similar way to how Johny Depp has approached some of his roles. And Jack Nicholson already had an inherent crazy streak which made his turn as the Joker all that more believable.

Sharlto Copley is a great suggestion though. He was one of the better things in Elysium, and certainly played an evil psycho with true conviction.

I see what you mean, he's perhaps a bit too obvious. But then again, the 'Joker' is a really extreme kind of role, he's such a weird and eccentric character that I sometimes think you need someone equally intense and (maybe) weird to do it justice - someone who gives off those vibes easily. Ledger wasn't weird as such, but he was certainly intense and hugely focused/absorbed in the role, in a similar way to how Johny Depp has approached some of his roles. And Jack Nicholson already had an inherent crazy streak which made his turn as the Joker all that more believable.

Sharlto Copley is a great suggestion though. He was one of the better things in Elysium, and certainly played an evil psycho with true conviction.

Aye. There are certainly quite a few actors out there who look the part and can play the part. Ledger's performance simply means we can cast the net wider. Really depends on that movie's Joker and how 'nuanced' the makers wanna get.

But no Johnny Depp please! :woot:

Looks-wise he would certainly make a good Joker, probably closer to the comic version than Ledger's was (and before anyone thinks I'm dissing Ledger, I'm not - he was epic in the role). He's got a skinny-ish face, thin and long nose and I could really see him in the Joker makeup.

Decent actor too, though it will be a tough job for anyone to do the role without the inevitable Ledger comparisons.

Failing that I still think Crispin Glover could be interesting, he's 'intense' and certainly kooky enough for the role

Crispin-Glover-Willard.jpg

I'd love Crispin Glover as The Joker. I think he'd be great. :up:

Enough Joker. Batman has the best rogues gallery in comics. Use it.

This does bring up an obvious question. So if Batman in this continuity has already been around for years and is older/more experienced, then does that mean that his rogues already exist as well? Are Joker, Penguin, Two Face, Poison Ivy, Riddler, etc already running around in this world? Because you would think that if that were the case, then Superman and Zod showing up would not be as shocking to people.

This does bring up an obvious question. So if Batman in this continuity has already been around for years and is older/more experienced, then does that mean that his rogues already exist as well? Are Joker, Penguin, Two Face, Poison Ivy, Riddler, etc already running around in this world? Because you would think that if that were the case, then Superman and Zod showing up would not be as shocking to people.

Well I think it would be. Superman and Zod are aliens. Aliens with God like abilities, who are invulnerable to bombs, bullets, and pretty much any weapon available to the military.

Enough Joker. Batman has the best rogues gallery in comics. Use it.

They have been. In the post-89 films, we've gotten Joker twice. That's 2 out of 7 movies. We've also gotten Penguin, Riddler, Two Face, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, Bane, and even people like Falcone, Maroni, and Zsasz. Now I'm all for them using some of Bats lesser-known rogues (I still want to see Hush and Black Mask appear in a Bat-film), but it's not like they've been exclusively using the Joker. They've actually been pretty restrained in using him.

Still, they play it like this is the first time anything remotely out there/weird like this has happened in this universe. It's kind of hard to do that if some of Batman's freakshow menagerie are around. It's not just that they're aliens, it's played up like it's the first time period.

Maybe in this iterations all of Batman's villans so far have just been regular people with no powers/abilities. Joker, Penguin, Freeze, Riddler, ect. So then when they see two aliens level buildings it's kind of a shock.

I've suggested Rhys Wakefield as either the joker or Riddler before. Based on Michael Pitt's performance in Hannibal I think he would make a good Joker as well.

I'm more interested in seeing some Batman villains we have yet to see appear in films right now though.

Ben Affleck should play Batman and Joker.........Ben Affleck

I'd like to see Bradley Cooper play the Joker personally. Not that the Joker should necessarily be "funny" but IMO he should try to throw out some one-liners every now and then (like in every animated version of Batman I've seen since the 90s) and I could see Cooper pulling that off.

The Amazing Spider-Man reboot series has been a disappointment all around. Worst box office than the Raimi films and worst reviews than the Raimi films, they literally have nothing over the Raimi films.

Well they have mechanical webshooters at least.... :oldrazz:

How about not being so predictable with casting suggestions. It's always someone obvious or a "name".

Regwec is right though, we should move this to the Joker thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"