The Dark Knight Rises The Riddler Casting: Any Idea ?

FanWithoutFear said:
You know, before this topic even came out I was pushing for Edward Norton for the role (if this new Batman franchise holds up). For some reason he just screams RIDDLER to me.

I also supported Norton way before Begins as well. Trust me, the franchise will hold up! :up:

So the Majority of SHH! Agrees that Edward Norton = The Riddler. Good, that's how it should be. Who knows he might be in Batman 3 with
Two Face and Catwoman
and Nolan might listen to our casting choice like with Bale.

Riddler%20jacket.jpg

I'd say Norton too. I can just picture him really well in the green tuxedo and hat leaning on the cane. As long as he doesnt have spiked red hair and a question marked green leotard, i'm fine.

Well looks like the main choice of Hype and BOF is Edward Norton. :D

Look what I have done! :D

Detective Flass said:
Well looks like the main choice of Hype and BOF is Edward Norton. :D

Look what I have done! :D

There is no main choice at BOF

The Majority goes for Norton Nightwing5.

Go check the To WB: Who I want casted as Villains thread stickied in the sequels thread and you'll see.

I think Hugh Laurie would be perfect for The Riddler, especially the TLH/DV version:
hugh-laurie-1b.jpg
house5.jpg

Detective Flass said:
The Majority goes for Norton Nightwing5.

Go check the To WB: Who I want casted as Villains thread stickied in the sequels thread and you'll see.

I have checked that forum, and there are not that many people that support him, and most of the people that do have left the boards.

If I would say there is any BOF favorite is David Hyde Pierce

A fresh suggestion, and one not bogged down in celebrity baggage-

Alessandro Nivola

alessandro-nivola03.jpg

Probably known best as Pollux Troy in Face/Off, he also played a sort of antagonist to Christian Bale previously in Laurel Canyon.

cvjp3nivola.jpg

Will Smith as the Riddler!

;)

Seriously, I don't think I even want the Riddler to have his own film this time...maybe in passing conversation, like:

Gordon: "Good work on that Riddler case last week Batman!"
Batman: "Thanks, Commissioner!"

I want the TLH/DV version. An informant who Batman goes to when he needs an expert on puzzles or riddles.

I would rather see Tim Roth play the ridler, I just think he could pull it off and then some.

P. Cushing said:
I want the TLH/DV version. An informant who Batman goes to when he needs an expert on puzzles or riddles.
Yes! Good idea.

Batman NEEDS informants. Intelligence gathering is a big part of the job. Though I'd recommend the Penguin as a reluctant contact Batman gets "street info" from (just like in Broken City) and Edward more as someone who can work his mind around puzzles like no one can. I'd love to see a scene with Edward locked up in Arkham and Batman comes to hear him out on a riddle... Sort of like Batman's visits to the Calendar Man in TLH.

references:

"Quid Pro Quo" sessions in Silence of the Lambs (but less scary... it is only the Riddler after all, not Hannibal Lecter) and Red Dragon (starring Edward Norton!)
the interrogation scenes from Primal Fear (also starring Ed Norton)
the end scene in Batman Forever when Chase asks the Riddler about Batman's identity... best part of the movie! Very eerie.

There are some good casting choices on this thread.
Edward Norton is my #1 choice.
But I think that Giovanni Ribisi Hugh Laurie, or David Hyde Pierce would be good choices as well

The Ceb-Man!

I have always felt Paul Reubens absolutely would nail the Riddler. The man was born to play the role.

Also I think that casting big stars as the villians can be overshadowing especially for example jack nicholson *who i was rooting for to beat batman cuz lets face it jack was just too cool to be michael keatons antagonist* carrey was horribly over the top and likeable when pitted against kilmer who just wasnt near carreys starpower once again allowing the batman to be overshadowed by the villains imo that kind of casting is a mistake, make us loathe the villian so batman remains the focus, i like the less glitzy names in this forum for these roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"