Guardians of the Galaxy The Rocket Raccoon Appreciation Thread

you want british, how about john hurt, or oldman. or maybe even hiddleston. give him something else, his voice is cool

Thor, Iron Man, Captain America all would have been eh without the comedy. Especially Thor as much as it pains me to say since I absolutely love the character and Hemsworth. Iron Man would have been completely screwed since the story was not very good of what little story there was.

Lol especially since that is the area people on the internet complain most about THOR.

Simon Pegg, Timothy Dalton, Vinnie Jones, Harrison Ford, and Liam Neeson are my faves for Rocket!

I still think Jim Carrey could do an awesome Rocket. I can easily imagine him being able to pull off Rocket's accent.

I still think Jim Carrey could do an awesome Rocket. I can easily imagine him being able to pull off Rocket's accent.

agreed. he is my favorite choice. I'm being very biased since I love Jim but I know he could pull off a serious RR with proper humor as well.

He's my favorite choice too. Ever since he was rumored for a possible role in this movie, I've been thinking about it.

I'm good with Carrey the recent kick ash 2 trailer should be proof enough that he has range. Not to mention Eternal Sunshine.

I'm good with Carrey the recent kick ash 2 trailer should be proof enough that he has range. Not to mention Eternal Sunshine.

Kick ash 2 trailer honestly sealed him as my choice. His voice in that trailer needs to be altered a bit and it's what I envision RR sounding like. And Eternal Sunshine is a great movie and great 'serious role' performance out of him.

rocketraccoon_large.jpg

He's my favorite choice too. Ever since he was rumored for a possible role in this movie, I've been thinking about it.

agreed. he is my favorite choice. I'm being very biased since I love Jim but I know he could pull off a serious RR with proper humor as well.

Same here, I'm a big fan of Jim Carrey and his range really is underrated. Besides it would bring a nice amount of star power to the film and the MCU in general.

I know they're going for fairly realistic, but I'd like for RR to be stockier and stand more upright.

Same here, I'm a big fan of Jim Carrey and his range really is underrated. Besides it would bring a nice amount of star power to the film and the MCU in general.

I know they're going for fairly realistic, but I'd like for RR to be stockier and stand more upright.

Exactly, Carrey would be the biggest name in the Guardians group if they got him. Unless they got someone bigger for Groot.

Yeah, and I'd like Rocket's head to be a little bigger as well. He looked perfect to me in the first concept art we got.

I'm sure this has probably been suggested but what about Chris O'Dowd for Rocket?

Exactly, Carrey would be the biggest name in the Guardians group if they got him. Unless they got someone bigger for Groot.

Yeah, and I'd like Rocket's head to be a little bigger as well. He looked perfect to me in the first concept art we got.

Definately :up:

I agree about Rocket as well, he looked more like the Rocket we know and love in the GOTG banner.

I like that they're making him more realistic. The concept art was cool, but now I'm sold on the idea of a perfectly ordinary raccoon who happens to be a tactical genius and carry a big ash gun. Its a more difficult approach but I consider this whole movie to be this crazy experiment so why not?

It's going to be so awesome...but I don't want him having an American accent.

I like that they're making him more realistic. The concept art was cool, but now I'm sold on the idea of a perfectly ordinary raccoon who happens to be a tactical genius and carry a big ash gun. Its a more difficult approach but I consider this whole movie to be this crazy experiment so why not?

Different strokes, for different folks

Well since Michael Rooker is Yandu I hope Jason Statham voices RR.

My top 5 to voice Rocket Raccoon.
1.Michael Rooker
2.Jason Statham
3.Michael Madsen
4.Bob Hoskins
5.Clancy Brown

Out of your list Bob Hoskins and Clancy Brown sound the best

Out of your list Bob Hoskins and Clancy Brown sound the best

Yeah they all of interesting voices. It just occurred to me that it would be funny too hear Bruce Campbell's voice coming out if a raccoon!

YES CAMPBELL! I loved hearing him in the Spider-Man games.

I wonder if they're going to make RR look "cute." It seems like he alone could get a ton of kids/females in the seats.

Gunn says he's going for a more "realistic" look for Rocket.

It's going to be so awesome...but I don't want him having an American accent.

This. After being spoiled by MVC3, he must have a British accent even if they didn't bring back Greg Ellis for star power reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"