The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalk another one up to Fox waving around the lazy "let's just make everyone a mutant" stick. Previous appearances of said stick: Juggernaut, Deadpool. Hopefully they keep Yukio as a nonmutant.

Yeah... that makes TWO confirmed mutants in the movie. :whatever:

I wonder how they'll handle the whole, not having a healing factor. With the amount of damage he's taking, already getting shot, popping out his claws, getting beaten down, I'd expect him to be out of commission for a while. Will some time pass to allow him to heal properly? Or will he immediately try to regain his healing factor?

This place got busy.

I like alot of footage, some of it not much.
Great way to add tension to the story though, obvious really.
Loved him chomping on a cigar whilst surrounded by ninjas

Still hoped they improved the fighting a bit.

Do we know who the fight choreographer is?

Well, as long as it never directly refers to anything from Origins, I'll still pretend like it never happened.

Not sure why you all hate Origins so much. Yes, they royally ****ed up Deadpool, yes, they complicated the continuity with lots of stupid cameos, yes, they made up some convoluted nonsense about adamantium bullets, and yes, there was some dodgy CGI (*cough*bathroom scene*cough*) in places.

HOWEVER, the film was still enjoyable. The opening credits were great. The Team X stuff was great. Stryker was great. Wolverine and Sabretooth were great. I liked the Silverfox romance. Most of the action was good. Overall, it's a mediocre-to-decent film which gets WAY too much hate simply because of what they did to Deadpool (which was disappointing, but doesn't warrant ignoring all of the film's strong points).

Last edited:
Eh, I was a little annoyed that the actor playing sticker didnt even attempt a southern accent. Did he just go into hiding in Tennessee for the next twenty years or something?

Deadpool isn't fair. Wade was human. Then they gave him powers, like in the comic. But instead of just giving him a healing factor, they added optic blasts, teleportation and retractable blades.
Human Wade was able to block/slice a barrage of bullets shot at him at close range, and the mutant-specific Team X (as described in Origins) recruited a non-mutant human? Hmm, I guess I inferred that they made him a mutant to begin with. The movie certainly didn't make a point to categorize him as initially human.

Yeah... that makes TWO confirmed mutants in the movie. :whatever:
I was referring to Fox explaining away traditionally non-mutant humans with any type of powers by just making them mutants in the first place.

The Deadpool nonsense wasn't even the Movie's biggest problem. I hated how they called Logan an animal, or being the best at what he does, when he was like tamest dude in the Movie. And we only get to see one Mission with the Team and he already *****es out. It was a horribly boring PG-13 Movie, that made Logan a complete wuss compared to his X1&2 days, adding nothing meaningful to the mythos, and it's adamantium bonding process was just a joke compared to the short glimpses by Singer.

X1_01.gif

X2_02.gif

Last edited:
I remember when the solo Wolverine film was announced they kept saying, "ya know the Wolverine you see in the beginning of X2, that's the Wolverine your going to get in this movie" and ya that never happened.

So he loses his healing factor huh? Hope he doesn't lose it 100% because then I have to try and wrap my mind around how his adamantium bones don't automatically kill him. I was under the assumption the only reason he could survive with the adamantium was because of the healing factor.

The Deadpool nonsense wasn't even the Movie's biggest problem. I hated how they called Logan an animal, or being the best at what he does, when he was like tamest dude in the Movie. And we only get to see one Mission with the Team and he already *****es out. It was a horribly boring PG-13 Movie, that made Logan a complete wuss compared to his X1&2 days, adding nothing meaningful to the mythos, and it's adamantium bonding process was just a joke compared to the short glimpses by Singer.

X1_01.gif

X2_02.gif

Man, that clip of Wolverine looking at his claws for the first time. Everything is so great. The acting, the lighting, the look of the claws, everything.

This movie looks AWESOME! 'Nuff said.

Though I'm still waiting to see clips because trailers can be great while the movie... not so much... so, I'm seriously hoping I can be hyped (still getting over 'Origins' which slapped around my two favorite X-Men Gambit and Wolverine)

I suspect the cure for his healing factor might be based on the cure from X3. It would be a logical progression.

While I'm excited by the trailer, I'm trying to contain myself as I was excited by the Origins trailer too...

I suspect the cure for his healing factor might be based on the cure from X3. It would be a logical progression.

I posted in the other thread, but I think the cure in Wolverine is different. The X3 cure ends up being temporary (as hinted by the final frames of that film), and someone does their own research to find a real, permanent cure.

Just an idea. I could be way off.

X1_01.gif

X2_02.gif

Those two Weapon X sequences are still amazing. :up:

They didn't even explain where "Logan" came from. When my sister, who's not familar with the character outside of the movies, saw Origins, the first thing she asked was "Why do they call him Logan?"

The movie had to give us the origin of his leather jacket, but couldn't properly explain his own name. :doh:

They didn't even explain where "Logan" came from. When my sister, who's not familar with the character outside of the movies, saw Origins, the first thing she asked was "Why do they call him Logan?"

I thought it is his surname in the movie universe? His father (who he killed) was Thomas Logan, right?

I thought it is his surname in the movie universe? His father (who he killed) was Thomas Logan, right?

Yeah, but the only place that was shown was in the end credits. There was no place in the movie itself where he took that name. In the Origin comic, it was his friend Rose that said his name was Logan when they got jobs at a mine, because she couldn't use his real name and Logan was the first name she thought of.

The other movies only used Logan as his name, but never said whether it was his first or last name (and X1 was before Origin was published, I believe). The prequel could have at least sorted out his name.

X1_01.gif

X2_02.gif

Yeah this two glimpses were leaps and bounds ahead of the film. If only Bryan Singer had stuck around for X3, who knows he might have made a Wolverine. I think the problems with X3 and Wolverine were they lost that real world vibe that Singer had created with the first two X-Men films. Thankfully First Class brought that back and from the trailer from the Wolverine looks like this one has gone the more serious route. I still hope they might do a prequel based on those early years in the team with Deadpool & Co but not have it be anything like Origins.

Seems like a strong possibility. Otherwise she would be the first superpowered non-mutant in the series. Which could be interesting if handled right.

I wonder if the whole shedding skin thing is added to viper to make her a little different than the comics?

i'm still betting that Marvel get's "Madame Hydra", the Viper from the comics, and FOX get's this Mutant Viper concoction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"