Comics The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought all the issues to this yesterday, and while I still have two more to read before I'm fully caught up, I am loving this series. :up:

I also might be applying too much logic to a comic book, but another issue that has kept me from out right loving this. Is exactly the fact that Peter has started talking more like Otto and the villains are the ones that notice it more than Peter's family and friends.

Like you'd think Mary Jane, Aunt May, Carlie, etc would be wondering why Peter started talking like he has. It just rings false to me that they'd be the ones in the dark.

http://marvel.com/news/story/20617/see_spider-man_scarlet_spider_reunite

Superior Spider-Man Team Up #2 cover

518d0d643e8f6.jpg

Scarlet Spider #20 cover

518d0ca1157c8.jpg

I also might be applying too much logic to a comic book, but another issue that has kept me from out right loving this. Is exactly the fact that Peter has started talking more like Otto and the villains are the ones that notice it more than Peter's family and friends.

Like you'd think Mary Jane, Aunt May, Carlie, etc would be wondering why Peter started talking like he has. It just rings false to me that they'd be the ones in the dark.

MJ has had her WTF moments with Peter... and Carlie certainly has an eye open...

Even the people at Horizons have basically started to think that Peter has somehow elevated his own status...

And Aunt May would never notice, because SpOck has a soft spot for her and will treat her nice... :yay:

SupSM2013015cvr.jpg

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #15
DAN SLOTT (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
“Run, Goblin, Run!” Part 1 of 2
• What’s it like to be a villain in the Marvel Universe...once the Superior Spider-Man sets his sights on you?
• Find out, from Phil Urich’s point of view, in what might be the final days of the Hobgoblin.
• Plus, what is the secret of “The Tinkerer’s Apprentice”? Who’s been helping the Terrible Tinkerer? And how is he, of all people, the reason everything in Spider-Man’s life will be changed forever?!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SUPSM2013016_COV.jpg

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #16
DAN SLOTT (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
“Run, Goblin, Run!” Part 2 of 2
• How has the Hobgoblin evaded the Superior Spider-Man for so long? And does that hold the key to the Superior Spider-Man’s greatest success -- or greatest failure? It’s the end of the line for Hobgoblin, and possibly an end for a big chapter in the history of Spider-Man.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I'm loving the new Spidey suit.

And like I posted in the Scarlet Spider thread, in that Marvel article I linked says that apparently the solicits for Scarlet Spider 21 say that Kaine is going to be meeting up with none other than Ben Reilly.

The new suit looks awesome. God, I love this book. I wouldn't mind Peter staying gone for a loooong time.

I wouldn't say I 'called it', but I definitely mentioned the possibility of Sp-Ock going back to mechanical limbs, but using something similar to Iron Spider's limbs. I like the new suit for the most part and the spider legs are quite nice. It's like Ben Reilly meets the Alex Ross design with a dash of Iron Spider.

Maybe that's why I like it so much, I really dug the Iron Spider suit too.

MJ has had her WTF moments with Peter... and Carlie certainly has an eye open...

Even the people at Horizons have basically started to think that Peter has somehow elevated his own status...

And Aunt May would never notice, because SpOck has a soft spot for her and will treat her nice... :yay:
I'm aware...

But..

It's not enough like they seem dimwitted and slow to catch on. Because the clear difference in character between Peter and Otto is outstanding. That it'd seem like it'd be an overwhelming change.

That would immediately make anyone go ''WHOA. Yeah. That's not Peter. It can't be." and the only person that really seems to have reached that level is Carlie and that's just feels like Slott's usual favoritism towards her.

Even the whole issue with The Avengers almost catching on then not...felt off.

That combined with the way only certain writers write SpideyOck like Slott does seems like this is going on way longer than it really should. This would've been nice for like a short arc, but as an ongoing there's just far too many issues to keep it going at the rate it's going.

The only thing that bugs me about the new suit are the trainer effect on the feet. It seems too much like the trainer effect on the ASM movie suit which I didn't like either. I do think the costume needs more going on in the boots or leg department, but the little trainer effect is just off-putting. Everything else looks interesting so far though.

I'm aware...

But..

It's not enough like they seem dimwitted and slow to catch on. Because the clear difference in character between Peter and Otto is outstanding. That it'd seem like it'd be an overwhelming change.

That would immediately make anyone go ''WHOA. Yeah. That's not Peter. It can't be." and the only person that really seems to have reached that level is Carlie and that's just feels like Slott's usual favoritism towards her.

Even the whole issue with The Avengers almost catching on then not...felt off.

That combined with the way only certain writers write SpideyOck like Slott does seems like this is going on way longer than it really should. This would've been nice for like a short arc, but as an ongoing there's just far too many issues to keep it going at the rate it's going.

I'm not disagreeing with you...

I also think that most of the people that knows Peter/Spider-Man would think something is up...

In regards to the Avengers, while it would appear that his behaviour is "off-putting" (to say the least), admittedly, they all have blood on their hands, and in their point of view, Spidey's behaviour changed after the death of his greatest enemy, Dr. Octopus, so maybe they're thinking that he's "dealing with things" differently...

I know it's a stretch, but I could see that...

Obviously, since shooting Massacre, MJ should not believe that is Peter Parker, though having said that, we haven't seen MJ at all since the Massacre killing...

it's all going to catch up with SpOck at some point... but until then, Slott and Marvel will tell stories that have been pretty good... and until the sales drop affects the book, then we'll see the switch... and as a writer, it's a unique opportunity to write a beloved character with his greatest enemy in control...

So have fun and enjoy the ride. :up;

:yay:

The only thing that bugs me about the new suit are the trainer effect on the feet. It seems too much like the trainer effect on the ASM movie suit which I didn't like either. I do think the costume needs more going on in the boots or leg department, but the little trainer effect is just off-putting. Everything else looks interesting so far though.

Is there a diff pic of the suit where you can see his feet? The 1 I see, his feet are hidden behind Hobgoblin.

Obviously, since shooting Massacre, MJ should not believe that is Peter Parker, though having said that, we haven't seen MJ at all since the Massacre killing...

Actually, we see MJ later watching Pete beat the bad place out of Joyride and Jester or whatever their names were and she says, "Peter? There's no way that's..."

MJ has noted other times Pete is not acting like Pete. Sorry not every normal human being is thinking MINDSWAP right away.

And TMOB, I know you weren't complaining but addressing JustABill. So my post wasn't aimed at you.

Well, duh, to have normal citizens assume mindswap would just...not gel as well as I feel IMO the reactions to OckSpidey are gelling with me.

I don't know it's a decent book, but it just feels slightly more hokey than I assumed it would be going into it.

Perhaps it's because I assumed Ock would actually actively be trying to be Peter Parker and he's not even trying the slightest.

Well, duh, to have normal citizens assume mindswap would just...not gel as well as I feel IMO the reactions to OckSpidey are gelling with me.

I don't know it's a decent book, but it just feels slightly more hokey than I assumed it would be going into it.

Perhaps it's because I assumed Ock would actually actively be trying to be Peter Parker and he's not even trying the slightest.

Aloha,
Otto Octavius does not have to pretend to be Peter Parker,that is beneath him, he is SUPERIOR to all. Think Dr Doom without a monarchy.:yay:
Spidey rules

What if Ben Reilly is going to defeat SpOck and become the new Peter?

So if they grafted all of Peter's memories onto Ben Reilly and had him defeat SpOck and say he is now Peter Parker, would you buy it? Or be mad? Would you consider it basically the same Peter Parker we've had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"